Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recieved my Ebay HID kit in the mail
I bought the 6000k Bright white kit with slimline ballasts $78 shipped to my door.
Install is straight forward and simple too me about 15 minutes.
This is what comes in the kit. Everything is plug and play.

First step is to remove old bulbs and the caps that cover them. Then you need to make about a 1inch hole to install the grommets.

Step 2 you install grommet and feed the adaptors wires thru them.

Step 3 Install bulbs in to head lamp assembly being carefull not to touch the bulbs.

Step 4 you install the adaptor wires to the OEM head light connection and make sure they fit tight. Then plug the lights into the ballasts and tuck then into a secure spot behind the fairings.I used double sided tape to stick the ballast to the upper fairings on the inside lipThe plugs will only plug into where it is supposed to go so its very simple and easy to do.

Install is complete and is clean without a mess of wires. You do not need to cut anything and the only tools I needed was a knife to cut the 1inch holes in the caps.You will not need relays or to add any fused circuit as the lights plug in to OEM wiring and draw less amps then the stock bulbs.. Lights are alot brighter and really lights up the road in low beam. High beam is amazingly bright.lol Make sure you adjust your lights to keep from blinding on coming traffic.I will get some night photos up soon.

·
GP Star/Official Spam Spotter
5,756 Posts
BozZX10, can you post a link to where you got your lights on ebay? Great how-to by the way. rep sent.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I cant find it now. Been over a year since I bought them. I will keep looking and post what I find. And thanks for the rep!

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,230 Posts

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,230 Posts
what did you use to drill a 1inch hole ?
By the way, this gets the Post-Of-The-Week award for not only asking that question, but also reviving a 4-year old thread. :ayyy:

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Read his post guys... he said he used a knife. I'm thinking exacto or box cutter. Then again to make it more of a challenge it could have been a butter knife!:crackup::dontknow:

·
Registered
40 Posts
May I ask what do you guys use to re seal the headlight assembly? I notice that my headlight moist every time I hose it down to clean or run through the rain.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts