Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little while back I was asking questions about the KG clutch kit as it says (06-14) clutch kit only and no one knew why considering the stock clutch kit is from 04 to 17 or something like that...

So I got one installed it had a few issues called KG and found out why that is and why you need to know if you have a Gen 1.. here it goes

The KG clutch plates are thicker then stock so instead of you having a thicker front and rear friction disc the KG kit will give you friction disks that are all the same size and two clutch plates (metal plates) that are slightly thinner. Since the Gen 2s didn't come with the judderbug spring (or how ever you say that) like the Gen1 does.

(Also if you have a Gen2 and above the two skinny plates go to the inside of the trany then all the fat once and yes you can weigh them if you don't have a micrometer)

What that means is.. your clutch stack will be off and your clutch cable is gonna be lose AF considering they also stretch over time. I did have to order a new cable in order to run this kit and its still a bit lose for my personal taste but I like a really stiff clutch.

With all that being said my bike runs great! Stupid hard pulls in both high speed and I damn near pick my front end off the ground when I go to launch with a stretch. So I would recommend going with the kit but be warned you will have to make some changes and figure it out as you go. its still exactly the same as factory install except you will leave one of your thicker plates out of the stack and using both skinny once.. or at least I did. If you use just all the thick plates your stack will be way to short.

Also a lot of you had issues with the clutch cable not being connected after installing the clutch cover and there was no anwer…

your spring plate is not properly installed you have to keep rotating it until you find a spot where it sits completely flush up against the very last friction disk or else you will never connect that rod that sticks out in the middle. Your welcome lol I was stuck with that one for a while until I figured out where I was going wrong.

Thanks again for all your help dudes :cool:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Thank you. Really appreciate you putting out the warning order and updates.

Good to know.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the thing is they do NOT make a kit for the gen 1. They make it for gen 2 to 4 I believe that was the whole point of this post man. Not trying to be rude but the stack hight does not match up and explained why above. At least I was not able to find a KG kit for the 04 _05 when I was looking.

And once again the kit pulls hard AF I'm running it right now lol so this wasnt meant to talk smack about KG in any way

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well it's either they changed their kits or I got bad information..... care to drop the model number ???

Also that cant be correct as later models have the flat metal shim spring looking things and not the judderbug spring like the gen 1 has from my understand.... I can show you where the kit i bought literally says from 06-14 on it. So I'm gonna need you to clarify bubba as this doesnt make alot of sence

·
Registered
392 Posts
The kit you bought isn't the right one, but should work nonetheless, the one I posted is the one I buy and use on all zx10r from 04 to current.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You cant see the part number of the kit that you posted bubba. And yes it does work but as I states above it does mess up the feel of your clutch and i did have to replace my clutch cable in order to actually use it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts