Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Late Apex
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey , so does anyone know if its possible to convert the side exhaust to an undertail exhaust WITHOUT BUYING THE 06 LOL .. Any one do this ? Can it be done without tearing up my tail?

i looked at the 06 10R and the pipe runs behind the rearset. on my 05 it does not look like a pipe will fit behind my rearsets >:dontknow:

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Ixil does a slip-on that's undertail.

Personal opinion....I think that Ixil stuff looks like poo. :helmet: :wink:

You could possibly adapt a 2nd gen exhuast if you swapped swing arms with a 2nd gen, but that's just a guess. As stated...Ixil has one specifically for the 1st gen. Don't know of any other choices.

·
Late Apex
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Personal opinion....I think that Ixil stuff looks like poo. :helmet: :wink:

You could possibly adapt a 2nd gen exhuast if you swapped swing arms with a 2nd gen, but that's just a guess. As stated...Ixil has one specifically for the 1st gen. Don't know of any other choices.
thats funny .. i am looking on ebay right now for a swingarm for an 06 + . thinking that would be the safest and cleanest look instead of bending pipe ya know

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I kinda like the overall look if the ixil, just not that all the pipes are chrome. I would just ceramic paint them black or scuff them up to make them look more like a stock pipe. Just my opinion. Oh, and I kinda want to do a 2nd gen swinger, but don't want to risk hating it (the handling change).

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Yeah, but try and picture the Ixil cut down and black. It's not too bad.

The taylormade doesn't look to great to me (I don't like the single undertail pipe with that much length). But cut it down and you may have a winner.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts