Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know if its possible for the 04-05 pipes to clear everything on a 08-09???

It just dawned on me maybe I can use them??? I'm pretty certain it will all line up on the head for sure but wondering about the rear mounting positions????

anyone know?

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,134 Posts
The only problem I see the header diameter is different and the mid pipe angle..But anything can be made to fit.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Are you talking standard pipes here? If it's any help I've managed to fit an 04/05 akrapovic evolution onto an 08, it's a tad tight with the exhaust running close to the radiator and sump but the rear link pipe and can all line up absolutely perfectly...

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm interesting, maybe I will hold on to my Yosh exhaust and see.... I really wouldn't mind a nice carbon Akro pipe.

Thanks bud!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Haha My Akro was on ebay when I decided to risk putting all the effort into seeing if it would fit... Luckly paid off! I would guess that most 04/05 systems would go onto the 08... If I were you i'd sell the yoshi and pick up a full akro off of ebay for a fraction of the cost an 08' system would cost...:cool:
I'll post up my dyno results at the weekend with the 04 system....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Haha My Akro was on ebay when I decided to risk putting all the effort into seeing if it would fit... Luckly paid off! I would guess that most 04/05 systems would go onto the 08... If I were you i'd sell the yoshi and pick up a full akro off of ebay for a fraction of the cost an 08' system would cost...:cool:
I'll post up my dyno results at the weekend with the 04 system....:thumbsup:
I thought about doing the opposite since I prefer the shorter midpipe setup on the 08's and up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts