Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas, sorry if this question is a repost, but couldn't find a straight up answer. To my knowledge, I was told that the exhaust headers on zx10's are titanium. I looked at them, and they look titanium to me. However I do know that different grades make difference in weight, possibly even temperature and flow. I run a two brothers slip-on for the simple fact that the titanium headers are in place (or what I think is lightweight Titanium). What is the difference between an aftermarket full exhaust system with titanium headers versus how I have my bike set up now? :dontknow:

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
04-07 headers are all Ti, all be it a low grade, Ti, they are very thick, and heavier than say a Akra header would be.

The poop 08-09 owners don't even get Ti, they went back to stainless.

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
I don't know myself but 9R to 10R knows his stuff and I would take his word for it.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
The 04-05 got the better grade of Ti than the 06-07. The 06-07 got a heavy piece of dual Ti crap and the 04 and 05 got the better end of the deal, but still not the best. It was better than ss. The 04 and 05 was press to get the winning back to Kawi so they when overtime to do it. In so many words, if you have the cash and want a top grade Ti header exhaust spend the money and get an Akrapovic.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
The 04-05 got the better grade of Ti than the 06-07. The 06-07 got a heavy piece of dual Ti crap and the 04 and 05 got the better end of the deal, but still not the best. It was better than ss. The 04 and 05 was press to get the winning back to Kawi so they when overtime to do it. In so many words, if you have the cash and want a top grade Ti header exhaust spend the money and get an Akrapovic.
If you are really wanting to be a baller, be like BCM and I and get yourself a Beet system, they use a Inconell header and the rest of the system is high quality Ti, top of the heap!

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
What can I say :mrgreen:

Couldn't help, had to post a pic! Its an older one but the exhaust hasn't changed.
beet.JPG

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats sharp... i was kinda thinkin arata personally

1 - 8 of 8 Posts