Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went riding yesterday and one of my friends, who rides an '04 GIXR, told me he had invited another person who owns an '03 R1. He also commented that he wanted to see the R1 and the 10 "play around". After a couple of hours, we wound up on a very straight and open 4 lane road. I didn't realize it until it happened, but everyone had lined up behind me and sent the R1 to the front beside me. We were running about 70 and I went down into 4th when he pulled up. He looked over and I let him go first. When I saw his bike move, I nailed it. I couldn't believe it, but I instantly passed him and continued to leave him until I let off at 140.

He (and I) figured I had to have been one gear down on him, so this time, he waved three fingers and pointed to his bike. No problem. This time, I passed him quicker and by the time I got to 140 again, he was a small rider on a small bike in my left mirror. I didn't realize I was changing too soon (right after my default 10K shift light came on) and not using the bike's full potential, so this time I tried revving it a little longer.

The '04 Gixr tried the same thing with the same results, but he had his 120 lb wife on the back, so I don't consider that a race. His wife talked him into buying the Gixr instead of a 10 even though he is a Kaw man at heart. I know he regrets it, but hey, gotta live with them.....

The R1 and the Gixr both had slip-on pipes and my bike is completely stock, just passed 650 miles.

Needless to say, I'm extremely happy with my SUPER-fast ORANGE 10.

Me STILL smiling.....

oh, I weigh about 160 and the R1 rider was prolly about 190? Gixr rider was about 200 w/ 120 lb wife. Just to give you an idear.

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
The moral of this story: Don't take motorcycle advise from your woman.

·
Registered
23 Posts
U feel happy beating an 2003 R1? The bike has 137 RWHP to ur 154+ RWHP not to mention the weight difference of the bikes. U call that a match? Only if u were a novice and he were a pro racer can I call that a kill.... :D Beat up on 12R's,Busa's,04R1's,04G1k's,1000r's and I call it a kill. When I had my 02R1 I didn't want to race my friends cause it wasn't fair since all their bike were down on HP to me by over 25 so I only raced if they bothered me into it and didn't feel like anything cause they were alot slower and there was no way for me to lose and I won't call that a kill no matter how bad I smoked them.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
TheOneR1 said:
U feel happy beating an 2003 R1? The bike has 137 RWHP to ur 154+ RWHP not to mention the weight difference of the bikes. U call that a match? Only if u were a novice and he were a pro racer can I call that a kill.... :D Beat up on 12R's,Busa's,04R1's,04G1k's,1000r's and I call it a kill. When I had my 02R1 I didn't want to race my friends cause it wasn't fair since all their bike were down on HP to me by over 25 so I only raced if they bothered me into it and didn't feel like anything cause they were alot slower and there was no way for me to lose and I won't call that a kill no matter how bad I smoked them.
While I would agree with some of your comments, I would have to say that I have a friend who has an '03 R1 and win, lose or draw, I don't think he would hesitate to take on a ZX10. His bike is very fast. I have ridden it a little and it is pretty impressive.

·
Registered
23 Posts
zeta xray said:
TheOneR1 said:
While I would agree with some of your comments, I would have to say that I have a friend who has an '03 R1 and win, lose or draw, I don't think he would hesitate to take on a ZX10. His bike is very fast. I have ridden it a little and it is pretty impressive.
I am not commenting on the r1 rider cause if i were him i would try to also cause i am expected to lose but i am commentting on the 10r that finds that to be a kill. its a kill if the older r1 was equally matched hp wise not in bone stock. Also if the 10r rider was a novice and the r1 rider was a pro i can consider that be a kill cause experience brings about wins.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TheOneR1 said:

I think you are absolutely right, and I was really touched by your concern for the handicapped....I mean, err.....underachievers......yea, that's it! Underachievers.

Anyway, I took your advice and went to Wally world and picked up one of their pocket dynos, (Cool thing is, it really does fit in your pocket!) so now I can be assured to never race anyone who is not within the allowable 4.375% HP difference that is allowed by the "International Racing Is Supposed To Be Fair Committee." Of course this also guarantees that I won't ever get beaten too badly, either.........unless the rider is a lot better than I am! COOL!!! I'm gonna fix that too, next week when I get paid with that Pocket Rider Potentiometer that the local Kawi dealer sells....I can't wait!

J(gobuyafasterbike)erry

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
prebancolt said:
TheOneR1 said:

I think you are absolutely right, and I was really touched by your concern for the handicapped....I mean, err.....underachievers......yea, that's it! Underachievers.

Anyway, I took your advice and went to Wally world and picked up one of their pocket dynos, (Cool thing is, it really does fit in your pocket!) so now I can be assured to never race anyone who is not within the allowable 4.375% HP difference that is allowed by the "International Racing Is Supposed To Be Fair Committee." Of course this also guarantees that I won't ever get beaten too badly, either.........unless the rider is a lot better than I am! COOL!!! I'm gonna fix that too, next week when I get paid with that Pocket Rider Potentiometer that the local Kawi dealer sells....I can't wait!

J(gobuyafasterbike)erry
[smilie=w:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hey if you pick a race with a known faster bike and lose, it's a kill.

I raced my portly, slip-on weraing '96 9R against a stock '98 9R. Well guess what, the faster bike got waxed, he couldn't stay off the rev-limiter.

A race is a race, there can only be ONE winner.

·
Registered
23 Posts
prebancolt said:
TheOneR1 said:

J(gobuyafasterbike)erry

If it makes you feel better then so be it. Some people need to beat on smaller people cause its easier for them........would that be like a bully or a wus? This being the case "WOW u wooped an inferior bike!" Thats like taking candy from a baby........childsplay.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Richracer1 said:

I raced my portly, slip-on weraing '96 9R against a stock '98 9R. Well guess what, the faster bike got waxed, he couldn't stay off the rev-limiter.

I said if a new much more potent bike not a older slower bike. [smilie=B: If the newer bike kepted beating u would that be fair knowing its a much more potent bike? Maybe the Rider wasn't better then u and u intern waxed him. So him beating u as a novice on a new bike I consider that a kill and I bet if u ran his bike against urs u wax him even more then what u did with urs. Common sense.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hey, if you know your bike is slow, then you had not be out fucking around.

·
Registered
193 Posts
TheOneR1 said:
Richracer1 said:

I said if a new much more potent bike not a older slower bike. [smilie=B: If the newer bike kepted beating u would that be fair knowing its a much more potent bike? Maybe the Rider wasn't better then u and u intern waxed him. So him beating u as a novice on a new bike I consider that a kill and I bet if u ran his bike against urs u wax him even more then what u did with urs. Common sense.[/quote]

This was a friend of mine. I asked him to race KNOWING his bike was more powerful than mine, just to see how mine stacked up to his. Rider skill determined this race.

So that '03 R1 rider still could've won?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Richracer1 said:
TheOneR1 said:
Richracer1 said:

I said if a new much more potent bike not a older slower bike. [smilie=B: If the newer bike kepted beating u would that be fair knowing its a much more potent bike? Maybe the Rider wasn't better then u and u intern waxed him. So him beating u as a novice on a new bike I consider that a kill and I bet if u ran his bike against urs u wax him even more then what u did with urs. Common sense.[/quote]

This was a friend of mine. I asked him to race KNOWING his bike was more powerful than mine, just to see how mine stacked up to his. Rider skill determined this race.

So that '03 R1 rider still could've won?
Read from the beginning of my original post.....I already said what u are saying. As I said before if the 10R rider was a lessor rider then the R1 rider and the skills of the R1 rider are much better then I consider that a kill 4 da 10R for winning but in the original post the guy said nothing about him being alot worse then the guy he raced on the stk R1. Read the full posts first then make a comment. I would race against any bike more powerful or not just cause not all rider have the testescular Fortitude to take the bike to the win. Relax and read and u'll see my meaning. I have nothing against the 10R but some of u guys make it seem that way.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hey I'm relaxed, just trying to decipher your grammar.

Anyway, I'm done with this thread.

·
Registered
113 Posts
TheOneR1 said:
If it makes you feel better then so be it. Some people need to beat on smaller people cause its easier for them........would that be like a bully or a wus? This being the case "WOW u wooped an inferior bike!" Thats like taking candy from a baby........childsplay.
Dude, they are all inferior (if close to stock)... until next year.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts