Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, folks.

Sorry if this has already been asked/answered (I did search, couldn't find the answer I needed) but I can't seem to find the O2 sensor. I know it's around the headers on the Gen 5, but I don't know what it looks like.
Without going into a ton of boring detail, mine is supposed to be disconnected (bike has been de-catted and tuned, pair valve blocked-off etc.) and since my 18K service recently, she's been running horribly. So I'm thinking the O2 sensor might've been re-connected by an over-enthusiastic tech. during the service thinking they were doing the right thing and now it's messing with the ECU.

I'm going to see the guy that tuned it in a couple of days and he's going to re-flash the ECU for me, but I wouldn't mind just checking this one thing first. Can someone point me in the right direction of where I should be looking, and what it looks like? And do I need to remove fairings or should it be obvious?

Thank you (in advance!)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey, folks.

Sorry if this has already been asked/answered (I did search, couldn't find the answer I needed) but I can't seem to find the O2 sensor. I know it's around the headers on the Gen 5, but I don't know what it looks like.
Without going into a ton of boring detail, mine is supposed to be disconnected (bike has been de-catted and tuned, pair valve blocked-off etc.) and since my 18K service recently, she's been running horribly. So I'm thinking the O2 sensor might've been re-connected by an over-enthusiastic tech. during the service thinking they were doing the right thing and now it's messing with the ECU.

I'm going to see the guy that tuned it in a couple of days and he's going to re-flash the ECU for me, but I wouldn't mind just checking this one thing first. Can someone point me in the right direction of where I should be looking, and what it looks like? And do I need to remove fairings or should it be obvious?

Thank you (in advance!)

Pic is just for reference, but it's pretty obvious. The plug is under the tank on a metal bracket just behind the air-box.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts