Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1/5th throttle inserts are ready

149K views 792 replies 316 participants last post by  Bad Wolf 
#1 ·
Sorry it took so long but I'm finally going to pull the trigger on this, no more waiting.

I have 1/5th throttle inserts in stock for the ZX10R ready to ship. :rockwoot:

They are $25 USD shipped anywhere in the world. My Pay Pal account is Rifleman@hotmail.com :dollarbil

The big reason it has taken so long is that I can't seem to get anyone to do a write up on the install with pics, problems, and solutions. I've sent three or four out.... narry a peep back. :heyyou:

I have a very basic set of install instructions but if you pick one up you are going to have to be willing to do a little work to get it installed.

I can help, but I don't have a ZX10R (yea I ride the a phat zook). I will help as much as I can, I will also compile and post up any pix, "lessons learned" or tricks that any of you provide me with during your install.

Thanks in advance....

Get yourself a Christmas gift you KNOW you will luv.

a Rifleman's 1/5th is the way to go.

See less See more
#3 ·
stock it takes 1/4 turn to go from idle to WOT...

1/5 set up only takes 1/5 turn

#4 ·
what he said...

basically what that does is give you the full range of throttle motion with out having to twist yourself out of position, or re-position your throttle hand (going in, or comming out of a turn).

Give your throttle a twist all the way open while mounted on he bike...... elbow pointing at the ground? had to move your hand...

the 1/5th totally eliminates that, alot of people say it makes the bike feel "tighter"

but I would say, more responsive, quicker, cleans up the long slow throttle. Absolute must if you lift the front, quick little flick and she is right up.

#6 ·
Give us a how-to with pics. I might be interested if it goes smoothly.

#7 ·
will do, I've got some pix of my own but I need many more from you guys who do the mod for the first time. Get your digital camera and snap a bunch while you are doing the install... this helps people who come after you SOOOO much.

and trust me, you get this mod done.... you are going to want everyone to have it, it fookin rocks.

#10 ·
What kind of known modifications are we talking about having to do to stock parts here? What would I have to buy/replace from kawi if I wanted to go back stock if I didn't like it? Depending on the answer to that question I might be willing to do a step by step install pictorial and how-to on them. :dontknow:

#13 ·
Give it to him!!

El Diablo said:
What kind of known modifications are we talking about having to do to stock parts here? What would I have to buy/replace from kawi if I wanted to go back stock if I didn't like it? Depending on the answer to that question I might be willing to do a step by step install pictorial and how-to on them. :dontknow:
I say give EL D his free!! The step by step pics and install will sell tons for you.

#15 ·
Well I've give away two for free....... and a write up and pix.... even gave away the one milled grip housing I had (just wanted his other back so i can trade people who want it done) and that didn't happen either....

I would be willing to give it a go again though. I know with a dandy write up (with kewl pix) many more would see how easy it really is and snatch up a 1/5th.

I've PM'ed El Diablo with answers to his questions and pix that I have...

we'll work something out I'm sure.

#16 ·
you're selling me on it already. If you're willing to do that you're ok. :thumbsup:

#20 ·
So has anyone got one of these 1/5 throttle inserts installed yet? I'm really interested what difference they felt because I'm hesitant to install one because of how subtle you'd have to be when going from closed throttle to just a bit of throttle, like when cornering etc. Let me know how it feels.

#21 ·
Mine is in the Mail. I hate :blob8: how I always have to reposition my hand when I twist on it. As soon as I have it, I'll install it.

For some reputation points :3some: I might even talk about it. :beer:

As far as a guess to what its like installed. I'll bet it takes a little getting used too..
But after that, I bet I'm going to love it. I have big hands and with gloves on, repositioning my hand sux. needed this mod. :deathmeta :rockwoot:

Hope it works as good as it sounds :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dollarbil :pottytrai

#22 ·
TheDuder said:
Mine is in the Mail. I hate :blob8: how I always have to reposition my hand when I twist on it. As soon as I have it, I'll install it.

For some reputation points :3some: I might even talk about it. :beer:

As far as a guess to what its like installed. I'll bet it takes a little getting used too..
But after that, I bet I'm going to love it. I have big hands and with gloves on, repositioning my hand sux. needed this mod. :deathmeta :rockwoot:

Hope it works as good as it sounds :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dollarbil :pottytrai
Thats alotta smileys....

and I also agree that if theres good feedback, Ill prolly get one as well...be great addition to my TRACK 10!

Reactions: mach_man_187
#24 ·
I got a string on a guy from this board that lives about 5 minutes away from me. If this all works out I will do an install with him and have a mucho rockin write up with lots of pix and a review (iffin' he doesn't loop it going out the drive way)

sounds like lots of winter projects.... and tell the wife or girlfriend..... the 1/5th is a GREAT stocking stuffer.

#26 ·
Ground Zero said:
Got mine in and after some modifications it works great. The wife had the camera this weekend so I couldn't get pics.
and....whats it like riding?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.