Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

The Nam3less's Bike

Gen 4: 2011-15 
13K views 56 replies 22 participants last post by  The Nam3less 
#1 · (Edited)
***More videos and pictures throughout the thread***

ok guys I finally got time to post pictures of the new bike nothing looks the same as very one else with a stock black 2011 zx10 except this one is mine :mrgreen:. sorry the pictures are at night I will get better ones later and maybe get the go pro out although I'm going to be strict about not going crazy in the 600 mile break in period. So far I've been pretty good :badteeth:. Might not do to much video of riding because it will just be boring as hell for the next few weeks. but maybe i can get the wife to get on it for some picture :mrgreen:.

sorry if the pictures are too big...

:eek:ccasion1

See less See more
#5 ·
Trust me. I need a better job too. Working on that now accually lol.

#10 ·
Not trying to start a flame war here, and Nam3less this isn't anything personal; it's just the point that i've chosen to share my thoughts.

I don't see what's so hot about the 2011 other than the tech. I cannot connect with the styling by any stretch of the imagination. I still greatly prefer the 09-10 versions, and even more so the Gen 2's. The tech is pretty great, but for a street rider i prefer the aesthetics of the Gen 2 and 3's much more.

#15 ·
Just got back from a 2 hr joy ride on mine after the exhaust and PCV intall. JESUS, does this thing start pulling after about 900 miles! This bike just keeps getting stronger and stronger! I love it

#21 ·
You wont be disappointed, the bike only get stronger!! lots of fun

#22 ·
So far im no big fan of the newest 10..Im a kawi lover but just not feelin it..Then again it was only a cpl yrs ago when the gen 3 was 1st out and i didnt like that..Guess what i own now..lol..I love it too...
All that matters anyways is that the op loves his ride..
OH somethin to add a lil bling to my bike(not to ride in but,was a fluke purchase when i went looking for sneekers)Sorry for the huge ass pic..

Attachments

#23 ·
those are some bright ass shoes.... dont know if it is the picture, the flash on your camera, or the color but it hurts the eyes for me. I like them though. :eek:ccasion1

#25 ·
I know I am use to a 636 but I'm loving this.

#27 · (Edited)
Update:

Got the akra w/ link, PCV (leo map for now), and soon to have the auto tune installed:thumbsup:. But I have to go to an exhaust shop to get a new bung welded on so the o2 sensor will fit on the pipe :rolleyes:.

Everyone that has said they have heard this pipe is right about it being loud as hell with the link but loud pipes save lives. :helmet:

#37 ·
thanks. One question. with the autotune what is a good setting to start on. I put it on the leo vince map with the autotune with the normal setting after that. I figured I would pick the closet map and it would just adjust it while im riding. is that a good idea or would you do something different?

#34 ·
I love the way the 11's feel man I wish I could take my 05 and make it have the feel of the 11. I just have a hard time with the styling of the 11, I still would own one and probably will some day. It's just the front end is well alien looking and that undertail is honestly the dumbest thing I have ever saw. Sorry man in NO way am I flaming you or your bike I would LOVE to have one cause I could get over the cosmetic things I don't like to have the tech on the 11. I mean my 05 is a sick beast but the 11's feel more refined.

#36 · (Edited)
LOL I already have plans to have a Green 11 by next summer. When I was bike shopping I never even thought of Kawi I was all Yamaha and Suzuki but a deal fell into my lap that I couldn't pass up so I called the guy and asked him to bring the 10R over ( I had 40 100 dollar bills in my back pocket after reading on the bike) He pulled in my driveway and I just fell in love. We talked about the bike and the price, we agreed on the details and he said "Don't you wanna ride it?" I said "No I know it's mine." He insisted I ride it before we swapped cash for titles, I literally went around the block and pulled the wad of 100's out and said "Sign the title" LOL

I am sure the same thing would happen with the 11. :thumbsup:

#38 ·
Nam3less, what made your decision to go with the slip and link? I'm torn between that or the full. I really want the CF can.

Your bike looks great BTW. I'll post pics of my new one when I stop being lazy. I am never motivated to take stock photo's. LOL

V-Dub

#39 ·
Well with the akra. between the full and the slip on w/ link.

the full
  • gives you an extra 2 to 4 bwhp (you can get this other ways)
  • little more bulky
  • cost anywhere from $1800 to $2800
  • Does look great with a black gen 4 though

The slip-on w/ link
  • I got from a member on here that had 2 for cheaper than you can get anywhere else ($725 w/ link) and even if i didn't it is about $850 w/ link
  • Sounds just as good

I couldn't fully justify myself spending 2k on an exhaust plus I wouldn't be able to get it with my wife watching. Also I wanted to get the PC5 and Autotune at the same time. Another member on here dyno'ed there bike with everything I have with the ECU hacked and it got 189 bwhp. <------ Good enough for me.

If you have money to burn and your set on it then go for it. But it is a little to much money for me. I know ridersdiscount on here has a good price on both slip-on w/ link and CF full. I got my PC5 and Autotune from him. and if I didn't find a member with a basically new pipe I would have gotten the pipe from him too. I will take more pictures and post them in a min or two. hope this helps. let me know if you need any more help.

#40 ·
This is all the crap you get rid of when you get a aftermarket pipe w/ link

Autotune and powercommander. I hate the fact it goes next to the battery. and the autotune cords for grounding and power are way to dam long.

Autotune O2 sensor. If anybody does not know this you need to get a different bung welded on to the link pipe of the exhaust. Cost about 45 bucks at an exhaust shop.

The bad ass Akra. It is very loud. I have had some of the people in my area to be quieter when I pull in. So i try to be nice and pull in at 2nd gear to try and make it a bit quieter (I work nights and pull in about 6:30 in the morning).

I will post a video later. I have a short night video that I need to edit because I would be boring as hell watching my do 75mph on a straight highways for about 8 mins. I will also make a sound video on the pipe later.

#42 ·
#43 ·
Oh, most def...they go hand-in-hand as far as I'm concerned. I've normally ordered everything the day I get the bike but stalled on the pipe & PC V with this one till I decided which way I was gonna go. I'm thinking I'll do the full ECU flash also. I just have to find out my vendor options, cost, and timeframe. I assume I'll have to send mine in, meaning I'm bikeless for some period of time. That fact almost makes me want to defer till winter.

This bike is awesome...I'm stoked!!!

V-Dub

#44 ·
one of the reasons I havent yet..... well the other money but im sure I would find away around that one lol. So which rout are you going to go?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.