Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

DMP integrated lights

Gen 4: 2011-15 
10K views 35 replies 14 participants last post by  zxmiker 
#1 ·
Does anyone have experience with DMP integrated lights (any year)? but I'm thinking about getting these for my gen 4 instead of doing hot bodies or euro lights. cheaper and cleaner is my thinking.... another idea is to get the clear or take the clear cover off my stock light and later if i wanted to do hot bodies i will have my turn signals in the single light.

Smoke with integrated turn signals. they also have clear.

apparently each wire goes to each turn signal and the middle plug should be same as stock (seems easy enough :dontknow:).

ideas and comments or review if you have one of these please.

See less See more
#4 ·
these are all I could find. I haven't heard of anyone that has used these or have the one on a gen 1, 2 or 3. Just don't want to buy them and get crappy back tail light that gets sun bleached or looks like crap.

#5 ·
Anyone? Don't want to do Hotbodies UT its a real piece of crap, after having it fall off everytime I wheelied or hit a bump on my 1000rr F-that never again. I've used Clear Alternatives brand integrated tail lights on many bikes they work good not too visible, but really does clean up the tail. As long as they work as fine as the CA tail light I'll be ok but if they are dimmer no tnx. Hope someone has feedback :helmet:

#6 ·
I'm broke as hell right now that's why I haven't pushed this thread that much. Still would like to know also.

#7 ·
#15 ·
Yeah Nam3less...I'm running that setup. While I like the look (I got smoke), I was less impressed with function. I mean, it work...I'm just nitpicking I guess. My issues were as follows:
  • Only the 2 separate connectors for the blinkers and no ground. (I guess it's sharing the ground in the 3 prong taillight connector)
  • No factory plug and play. I had to cut my connectors and splice the hot into each to get a clean install
  • They blink perfectly while I'm riding but I noticed sporadic flashing at times when idling

Look is fine. I mated it with the Yoshi fend elim with the license plate light. very very clean look.

Now I'll tell you what I was really impressed with and that is the CRG levers. Sooooooo much improvement over that stock BS.

V-Dub

Reactions: The Nam3less
#18 · (Edited)
Yeah bad pic, light looks clear. I don't know about your ocd but that lid doesn't match your bike :helmet: lol j/k. I hear you ocd blows. Wish I had the same mentality as a teen, when potholes and oil changes were nonexistent. I swear I drove my Trans Am like a truck back in high school. Working hard and paying out of your own pocket will get the best of you :eyecrazy:

#19 ·
Yeah, love Shark and that went with my Silver and Yellow gixxer. lol, it is killing me but the Shark I want...I can't find because Tucker Rocky was their only US distributor and the Icon lime textile I want is on BO. So for now, when I wear my leather it's a yellow icon daytona. Talk about ocd flareup. I damn near don't even want to ride...damn near (I ain't totally crazy).

V-Dub

#24 ·
I finally broke down an bought one and installed it. here are the photo's and my review on it. I like the light and the signals. I got my light from surfsidemoto.com . it was the best price I have found and ironically the shipping was the next day because it came from lake Havasu, Az. Got an email right away from Jeff with all information for my order. I have to say that everything is great quality in the light, install took about 30 mins to install (mostly because i didn't know what I was doing) and I worked on a few other things during that. I have had the best service and I will definitely be ordering from him again.

Unboxing and view off the bike:

Before:

After:

Install was easy. 1 cable in the back of the light and 2 screws in the back of the light that need to be removed to take out the old light. do everything in reverse to get them it in. now the turn signals in the light are 2 different connectors one grey and another black. pictures are below. you can simply connect each wire to the right part of the connector as you are looking at it.

Black connector:

Grey connector:

here is a link to a video of what it looks like:

I hope this helps anyone else that gets one. or is thinking about getting one. I do have a targa fender eliminator on the way that's why I don't have a bracket on the bike for the license plate. I will post an install review next about that. here are some pictures of that:

#27 ·
Sorry I didn't get back with you on this Nam3. I totally lost sight of it. Yea, we've got the exact same units. Looks awesome bro!

V-Dub
Sent from my iPad using Motorcycle

#29 ·
I didnt like the blaster X because the light is a little foggy to me in the picture. but i got this one for 85 bucks

#35 ·
I debated on getting this, but then I thought about it, for an additional 30 bucks, I can get the euro lights...I just hated looking at the black tail fairing that substitutes where the euro turn signals would go. Plus it's as close to street legal look as possible so it lessens the chances of me getting pulled over for dumb reasons.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.