Sales Question....07 ZX10 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 01-11-2011, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Sales Question....07 ZX10

Greetings Everyone

Sorry I haven't been on here in a while...between family, work, kids sports, etc. I am learning the reality of life. I was into trackdays the last time I was on here...but now, I am going back to school to knock out a few pre-requisites and then applying for my masters in a totally different line of work

Anyways....I have some bills I am paying off and I am looking to sell my bike:headshake I really don't want to....but I am not going to get to ride it as much....and it was pretty much just a track bike. What I need is some input from some individuals that can help me figure out what to ask for it.

It's an 07 ZX10....around 10K on the odometer, vortex rearsets, power commander, Two Bros. slip-ons/bolt-ons. was laid down once at the track...has a small dent in the tank, does not effect anything. Has frame sliders, swing-arm spools, Pazzo Levers, Tires currently on it are Conti Sport Attacks....I was getting ready to switch to the Race Attacks...but there's no point seeing how I want to sell it. Also has steel braided brake lines and converted the front calipers to the Honda 600RR calipers.

I also have some spare parts, plus the headlight assym. and a few other things.

I will post up pics either this evening or tomorrow. What I would like to get is some input on what I should ask for it. I am figuring $5,000 O.B.O. but I don't know if that's too much. KBB is 6455...but that's retail....

It does have a clear title....I am currenlty working on getting it from PA...then I have to transfer it to a CA title....bike was registered in CA past 2 years....but when I paid it off...the lein release was sent to PA It is registered still but in CA with a PNO (planned non-operation), because I wasn't putting it back on the road. No Salvage title or anything like that.

Any advice will be appreciated....if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on the defense. They've got really short hair and always go for the throat.

-RAdm "Jay" R. Stark, USN, 10 Nov. 1995

Last edited by jarhead05; 01-12-2011 at 01:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 01-11-2011, 09:37 PM Thread Starter
post #3 of 21 Old 01-11-2011, 09:51 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Do you have any of the body?

LOR, PCIII,SHARKSKINZ.TECH SPEC,CRG,PZRACING GEAR INDICATOR AND SHIFT LIGHT,VORTEX,OSF REARSETS,MAVIRYK 8 CELL BATT,OHLINS STEERING DAMPER,ROCKWALL CLIPONS,GOODRIDGE BRAKE LINES,COX RACING RADIATOR GAURD,DID GOLD CHAIN,CHAMP CHAIN ADJUSTERS,NISSIN FRONT CALIPERS,ZERO GRAVITY,WOODCRAFT,EBC EXTREME PRO,XT RACING LAP TIMER,T-REX FRAME SLIDERS.GP STYL SHIFT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 01-12-2011, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Just the two little triangular pieces that go under the seat....the rest of it went into the trash...

Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on the defense. They've got really short hair and always go for the throat.

post #5 of 21 Old 01-12-2011, 09:55 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I would first suggest you get the title situation cleared up so if someone does want the bike you will have the title in hand.... As far as the price being that its missing the fairings I would say somewhere in the $3500-4000 range....

****Giiiiiiiiittttttuuuurrrdooonnneee****
post #6 of 21 Old 01-12-2011, 12:17 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

what about the extra parts and stuff...I was shooting for about 4000-4500...I think I can get that for it at least. I can advertise it as either a track bike or street-fighter....I still have the headlight assembly and figured with all of the little crap I have for it plus the bike I would let it go for around 4000-4500....start it at 5,000 O.B.O....thanks for your input though 09zx10miami ...I can see that price...hoping not to go that low though...

post #7 of 21 Old 01-12-2011, 12:50 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I would say 3000-3500 tops There are 06-07 going for $5000.00 thats have slip ons same or less miles and have not been laid down but maybe the market is better over there in Cali but over here in MD you would not get near the 4500-5000 your asking. good luck on the sale
post #8 of 21 Old 01-12-2011, 01:03 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

I picked up an '08 with 4k miles close to pristine condition for $5000 in Colorado - I see '07's listed in the high 4's - extra parts really don't tend to add much to the price of a bike. My opinion, you're better off selling them aside from the bike sale - I say $3500 to 4000 tops as well

The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese!!!
post #9 of 21 Old 01-12-2011, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

From what I am seeing them go for out here....they are asking for used ones at the dealership $6000...and that's with a few minor upgrades (frame sliders, stickers, etc.)....I am seeing private sales going for around that as well....CA the market price is higher, so I can understand why you folks in MD and CO couldn't get that much. I bought the bike for $9000 out the door back in 2007 right off the showroom floor......in PA.....the market sucks back there....I know...

Thanks for all your input folks...it's allowing me to think how to advertise this and what to ask for it...I am not disagreeing with you folks...I just kind of have a feel for the market out here...

Here's an example: http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/mcy/2154056992.html

Last edited by jarhead05; 01-12-2011 at 01:14 PM.
post #10 of 21 Old 01-12-2011, 01:11 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodyhiller View Post
I picked up an '08 with 4k miles close to pristine condition for $5000 in Colorado - I see '07's listed in the high 4's - extra parts really don't tend to add much to the price of a bike. My opinion, you're better off selling them aside from the bike sale - I say $3500 to 4000 tops as well
now you got a killer deal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in