Gen 4: 2011-2015 Nice, Carbon Fiber,Green, and Gold ZX-10R ABS - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 50 Old 11-04-2013, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Nice, Carbon Fiber,Green, and Gold ZX-10R ABS

I am putting my baby up for adoption. I have owned her since she was new when I traded my 2011 ZX-10 in for her about 9 months ago. She was a lonely left over '12 model when all the new, shiny, '13s were coming in. She didn't stay stock for long. Some of the mods I took off of my 2012, but most I purchased new within the last 9 months. I will try to give a comprehensive list of everything that I have done to her, but suffice to say, there are not many stock parts left on her. A (*) means I have the stock take off part.
I love this bike and I get more positive comments with this bike than any I've owned. I am not selling her to pay my rent, there is nothing at all wrong with her, and I am not quitting riding. I am selling her for three reasons:
1.) I have done just about everything I can do as far as mods, with the exception of major engine modifications or expensive suspension mods, so I would like to start a new project.
2.) I have put just over 9 thousand well-maintained miles on her and I do not want to burn up all of my resale value. Unfortunately, some buyers get overly fixated on the number of miles on a bike and not the circumstances and environment that those miles were accumulated. I would put up one of my bikes with 30k miles on it versus someone else's identical bike with 15k miles, as far as condition and amount of life left on the bikes, knowing how I treat and maintain my rides. I traded my 2011 ZX-10 in to the dealer when I bought this bike and got basically hosed. I did revert that bike back to stock before I traded it, and learned a valuable lesson in the process. It may be fun to modify and replace parts on a motorcycle over the course of a few months or years. Taking everything back off it and putting the stock parts back on, in one night, is a huge pain in the ass! I do not want to go through that again.
3.)I really need a bigger bike but I am not going to give up sportbikes. That is the only kind of bike I have ever owned in my 25 plus years of riding (with the exception of my Honda V65 Magna I owned back in high school), and so I want to buy a new ZX-14R.

2012 ZX-10R ABS with 9100 (and counting) miles. Oil changed with Motul 300V full synthetic race oil every 3k to 4k miles. I have done 5 oil changes since I have owned her. (Six if you count the one I did to replace the Mobil 1 crap I tried and kept for about 23 miles.) This bike has never been raced, stunted , neglected, wheelied, stoppied, bunny-hopped, or abused in any way. I did, however, have a very low speed (about 5 mph) lowside the third day I had her. Basically tried to turn a bit to sharply coming out of a driveway on cold tires. Next thing I know I am on my ass and my bike is laying on her right side in the road. Like I said, this was the third day I had the bike and I had not even put all of the aftermarket stuff on that I had taken off my '11. The only damage was cosmetic. In fact after I picked her up and wiped her down, I went about my day and rode her as if it never happened. I scratched up a few of the fairings on the right front and tail section that have been replaced with carbon fiber. I scratched the tip of the exhaust can, the right mirror and the right foot peg. All three of those pieces are still on the bike. You can barely even notice them unless you are looking for them. I am pretty anal about how my bikes look, so if I left them on, you know it can't be that bad. Just wanted there to be no secrets or surprises for the person who takes her home. OK, on to the list of mods:
First, the carbon fiber. Basically, every plastic fairing has been replaced with carbon fiber. I have purchased every piece new. Most of the parts, except both fenders, frame covers, and the tail pieces, were bought new for this bike. The other ones I swapped over from the '11. The only pieces of plastic that are stock are the green, front center piece that goes around the air inlet, the two small fairing pieces on each side on the bottom of the tail, and I also sometimes have the top rectangular shaped piece on the tail section (the one you have to remove to take off the seat) on for a splash of green on the rear. I have that piece in carbon also. I bought that front piece in carbon fiber as well, but since all the other pieces connect to that piece, it has to be perfect in order for everything to fit right. And if any of you guys are familiar with carbon fiber fairings, then you know that they are rarely perfect. Plus, that gives the front a splash of green too. (I told you I was anal about how my bike looks!) I purchased my carbon from a variety of different vendors but most of it came from three main companies. (I do have all of my receipts) Tekarbon in California, Bestem in Goergia, and Power Bronze in England. So I have six separate pieces of fairing that comprise the front and side main fairings, right and left dash panels, a 3/4 tank cover, right and left frame covers, front fender, triple tree cover, right and left swing arm covers, rear hugger, chain guard, right and left rear side fairings, and the top tail fairing. I also have three Leo Vince carbon fiber engine case covers.(Are you sensing a theme yet?)That is 23 separate carbon fiber pieces. I have some of the stock pieces left over. A couple of the front pieces were scratched when I fell over, and a fellow Ninja rider locally had a left side crash so I sold him some of the front pieces I had. I do have both stock fenders, the tank covers, some tail pieces, and a couple other odds and ends that I would have to dig out to jog my memory. The person who buys her will get all of those parts if they want them.

OTHER MODS

Reflashed ECU by Guhl Motors.
Graves full stainless exhaust system. (*)
Power Commander 5.
Ignition module with quick shifter.
BMC racing air filter.
Gold, forged, Carrozzeria V-Track wheels. (Do not have stock wheels)

With all of the mods listed above installed on the bike, she was recently dyno tuned at 176 hp to the wheel, on a very conservative (accurate) dyno at GoAZ Motors in Scottsdale, AZ.

Brand new (100 miles) Dunlop Sportmax Q3 tires, front and rear.
Speedmetal 6000k HID conversion headlights (* Best safety mod you can do in terms of making sure other drivers see you!)
LSL 50mm black & gold riser clip ons. (*)
Gilles Tooling gold, shorty levers. (*)
Riflemans 1/5th throttle insert. (Best $25 you will ever spend.)
Renthal black and green soft rubber grips. (I also have heated grip elements that have not been installed)
Puig black racing windscreen. (*)
VooDoo gold gas cap. (*)
Carbon fiber look tank guard.
I have two seats. One is the stock seat reupholstered with Kawi green vinyl and one is a Saddlemen seat that I ordered and hated so I recovered that one in a carbon fiber like fabric.
Rizoma gold front and rear brake reservoirs.(*)
Rizoma frame plugs.
Sato Racing gold rearsets; racing hooks; oil filler cap;and axle sliders.
Attack Performance WSBK rear suspension linkage. (Stiffens and slightly raises the rear end.)
Gold powder coated rear spring custom made for a 250+lb rider by Eibach.
Speigler green steel braided brake lines.
Vortex black sprockets. (Up 4 in rear)
EK gold 520 chain. (I also have a green EK chain that I never got around to installing)
Lightech gold bar ends, gold chain adjusters, and black swingarm spools.
LSL green frame sliders.
Cox black radiator guard.
Samco green radiator hoses and it is running Engine Ice coolant.
Pro-Bolt gold anodized bolts and fasteners.
LED integrated tail light and turn signals.
Lunasee active wheel lighting system.
Green LED lighting effects throughout.
**I have a few other things that are not currently installed that I may or may not include with the bike. I guess it depends if the person buying it sees and understands the value they are getting or if they haggle me to death on the price.
Dynojet Auto Tune module with the o2 sensor.
Hotbodies green undertail.
Adaptiv TPX Radar detector with visual alert.

The consensus seems to be that one can reasonably expect to recover 25 to 35 percent of the retail cost of their aftermarket add ons, if resold within a year and they are in good condition.
The carbon fiber cost me just under $3000, and except for the Leo Vince covers, I shopped for the best price. I could have easily spent another grand on this same stuff, had I just bought the first ones I found. The wheels were $2000 and the Graves exhaust was $2000. Sato rearsets were $500+;levers $300; risers $250; PC V, Ignition module, Quick Shift $700+; And the rest of the other mods (seats, lights, screens, auto tune & fuel module, caps, sliders, etc.) had to be in the neighborhood of $1000+. That gives a quick but fairly accurate breakdown of the costs of the mods and gives a ballpark total of $9750. (Damn!)
Kelly Blue Book and NADA both put the average retail of this bike at $10,000 to $11,000. I have seen some 2011 models selling here for between $8k and $9k, so that seems reasonable. If I price mine in the middle at $10,500 and I can get my 25% of the aftermarket that I put into her, that brings us to $12850. I will lower it to $12.5k and if you are someone who likes carbon fiber and was planning on putting it on your ride along with a lot of other mods, this is the bike for you. I own her outright and have the title in my name and in my possession.

If you are interested in the bike, NOT SOME OF THE PARTS OFF OF THE BIKE, you can contact me at 602-459-3275 any time. Call or text. Or you can get at me through this thread, or email me at [email protected].
Thanks for your interest. Once again, I am not parting this bike out at this time. If I do not have a buyer down the road a bit, who knows. But, I promise that I will post it here first if I ever decide to part her out. I will try and take some more detailed pictures that I will be able to send someone who is looking at the bike.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PBN.COM-423conv2.jpg
Views:	3682
Size:	171.1 KB
ID:	230786   Click image for larger version

Name:	PBN.COM-437conv3.jpg
Views:	3766
Size:	156.7 KB
ID:	230794   Click image for larger version

Name:	PBN.COM-448small.jpg
Views:	3437
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	230802   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0023crop.jpg
Views:	3499
Size:	196.8 KB
ID:	230810   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0022crop.jpg
Views:	3512
Size:	207.9 KB
ID:	230818  

Last edited by chrisv213; 11-18-2013 at 06:38 AM. Reason: updated mod list and title info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 Old 11-04-2013, 02:51 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

beautiful bike man. GLWS. wish you were parting some of the extras now

"mechanical engineers build weapons, civil engineers build targets"

Last edited by jdub669; 11-04-2013 at 02:58 PM.
post #3 of 50 Old 11-04-2013, 07:02 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdub669 View Post
beautiful bike man. GLWS. wish you were parting some of the extras now
Thanks, jdub. I hope it won't come to that, but watch this thread. If I decide to part her out, I will come here first.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 50 Old 11-04-2013, 07:11 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

HOLY detailed for sale ad. GLWS

2016 Ninja H2 - CANADAS Fastest 1/4 - 8.34 at 169mph - 208.4mph in the mile. Brocks Performance Stage 2 Package, MC Cycle works Intercooler, Full Polished Slash-Cut Exhaust, DNA Filter, PC5, Brocks Lowering Links, Brocks Front Strap Kit, BST Rim, Adams Performance Swingarm 7-11", Zero Gravity Corsa Windscreen, Evotech Radiator Guard, Evotech Fork Sliders, Yoshimura Tail Tidy

2011 ZX10R - SOLD
post #5 of 50 Old 11-05-2013, 06:07 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTED View Post
HOLY detailed for sale ad. GLWS
Thanks man. Yeah, I typed it late at night when I really had no business being awake. I actually had to trim about 3000 characters from my first draft! I just didn't want there to be surprises for anyone who was interested.
post #6 of 50 Old 11-05-2013, 06:32 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Looks great, if I wasn't in another hemisphere and time zone I would jump at this (^_^) Hope it goes to a loving home.. Tell me what brand are those 'block offs' for the pillion pegs? First thing I thought was wow thats a handy bottle opener

*edit* lol I just saw you said Sato racing hooks. Is that what I am talking about?

Last edited by ChixDigNinjaz; 11-05-2013 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Can't read properly
post #7 of 50 Old 11-05-2013, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChixDigNinjaz View Post
Looks great, if I wasn't in another hemisphere and time zone I would jump at this (^_^) Hope it goes to a loving home.. Tell me what brand are those 'block offs' for the pillion pegs? First thing I thought was wow thats a handy bottle opener

*edit* lol I just saw you said Sato racing hooks. Is that what I am talking about?
You are correct, Sir!

It is funny to me, on this forum, the one person who would absolutely buy the bike you are selling, always seems to be prevented from doing so by that one unconquerable obstacle that is always in the way. Just kidding, bro. Thanks for looking.

And even in Africa, chicks dig Ninjas, too?

Last edited by chrisv213; 11-05-2013 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Typo
post #8 of 50 Old 11-05-2013, 06:51 PM
pan
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Wow!

2013 ZX10R(Non-ABS) Part Out
2003 ZX9R
2003 Yamaha Zuma 49cc(wife & kids)
1993 ZX7 (950 bigbore)
1992 ZX6D
post #9 of 50 Old 11-06-2013, 11:10 AM
Slo
Is still Slo

Posting Frequency

Garage
This rarely happens..... but wow, this bike has just about everything!!!

Someone will jump on this. GLWS

2015 ZX10R - Archer flash+goodies - Arrow - TechSpec lock kit tank pad - Spiegler lines
CL Pads - 520 kit - LSL sliders & rearset - Yoshi case guards - custom seats - Gyrocam GoPro 4 Silver
post #10 of 50 Old 11-06-2013, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo View Post
This rarely happens..... but wow, this bike has just about everything!!!

Someone will jump on this. GLWS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pan View Post
Wow!
Thanks, guys. I appreciate the looks. I hope you are right because the longer she doesn't sell, the less I am going to want to sell her. I really would love the ZX-14, but I am not going to get screwed again by trading it in to the dealer for pennies on the dollar, just so they can make money off of me coming and going.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in