need to sell my 04 10R - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 02-25-2009, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

need to sell my 04 10R

I need to sell my 2004 ZX 10R. I am the first and original owner, clean title in hand. It has 6900 miles and has been well maintained and taken care of. Bike is stock except for Ohlins steering damper. This bike was low sided at Barbers, all repairs have been made with stock parts: right side rear set, clip on, exhaust. The only evidence of crash is some rock pecks on the swingarm (pictured), very few people even notice it, actually no one I can think of. There were a couple small chips on the tank, which the StompGrip covers well. I repaired the fiberglass body work the bike was wearing during crash, it just needs finish sanding and paint. The OEM bodywork is near perfect. As pictured, the bike wears its stock bodywork now. Complete set of Hotbodies fiberglass and windscreen included. This is a great bike for the street or track and the only reason Iím selling is I have a 636 track bike now, and a Triumph Speed Triple for street riding. I really donít ride this bike enough to justify having it. It needs a good home. Iím asking $5600.00. PM, or call 205/567-0721, leave message if no answer. Bike is located in Birmingham, Al.

Last edited by hayden41; 10-14-2013 at 08:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 02-26-2009, 10:41 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

If only you weren't 9 hours away...

Function
-------
Fashion
post #3 of 18 Old 02-26-2009, 12:16 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very nice best of luck on selling her!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 02-26-2009, 12:49 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to brianhevans
Dude, I would remove the swingarm and powdercoat it. Otherwise the bike looks new!
post #5 of 18 Old 02-26-2009, 01:28 PM
Where'd the boobs go?

Posting Frequency

Bump for a nice price. Good luck with sale. My 1st gen. has been 4 sale on here since X-mas!!!
post #6 of 18 Old 02-26-2009, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianhevans View Post
Dude, I would remove the swingarm and powdercoat it. Otherwise the bike looks new!
The swingarm is more noticable in the photos than in person. Maybe cause of eye level shot or camera flash? If I can't sell, I've got a good friend who is a great painter. He said he can match the paint and just prep, tape and spray and will look new. Do you think it will affect sell of the bike? I didn't see the point in doing it just to sell. I wasn't exagerating about the condition of the bike though, it is very clean (other than swingarm). Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawdude636 View Post
Bump for a nice price. Good luck with sale. My 1st gen. has been 4 sale on here since X-mas!!!
I felt the price was fair, mainly just due to the swingarm damage. I know selling anything is iffy right now due to economy. I was hoping tax returns might encourage someone to buy. I figured if anyone was in my area, this would be a great one to check out. I've not advertised anywhere else, I may post on craigslist also. I also checked out your bike, looks nice. Good luck.

Thanks everyone for posting, everyone else let me know what you think.

Last edited by hayden41; 10-14-2013 at 08:52 PM.
post #7 of 18 Old 02-26-2009, 07:01 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH4DY View Post
If only you weren't 9 hours away...
Roadtrip??? Birmingham's so nice this time of year. Thanks for checking it out and replying.
post #8 of 18 Old 02-26-2009, 07:13 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Nice bike man. Do you still have the rear seat for it? I will be in the market for another bike in about three weeks and im very interested if you still have it.
post #9 of 18 Old 02-26-2009, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleC View Post
Nice bike man. Do you still have the rear seat for it? I will be in the market for another bike in about three weeks and im very interested if you still have it.
Interested in the bike or the seat? Yeah, I still have everything I took off of it (giant mudguard, stock signals). Also the race plastic as described. I have an extra stock muffler that someone gave me that I planned on cutting down but never did. If you've any more questions don't hesitate to ask. Let me know when your ready. Thanks for looking.
post #10 of 18 Old 02-26-2009, 08:06 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

My lil brother is very interested. We are in Memphis TN. He tried calling you earlier i don't know if he left a voice mail. Can he call you now?

On the Fast Orange One. Marvics Silverstone Gold Mag (lighter than Marshs), Full Akra Ti Hex, 14 Cals, PC3 with a bad ass map, Scotts, Pazzos, hell about 7k in aftermarket parts fast. So now you know I'm Floyd Money Mayweather fast!! Kanye taking the mic from Taylor Swift fast!! haha Just damn fast!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in