Gen 3: CLEAN '08 for sale $6500 >>> ON HOLD <<< - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 12-18-2012, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Gen 3: CLEAN '08 for sale $6500 >>> ON HOLD <<<

*****NO LONGER FOR SALE*****

Well after much thought i guess i'm gonna try to sell my ninja. I just haven't ridden it enough to justify having it, and for whatever reason i'm disinterested in riding. This was my track bike, turned back to street with all stock plastic, like new. Actually the bike is like new also. Here are the details:

1,021 miles
-2 stainless brake lines
ohlins fork catridges
penske shock
rifleman's 1/5 throttle insert
hindle full titanium exhaust
pc5 with dyno-tune, 172 rwhp
It is fully safety-wired, up to wera code, which is pretty stringent i'm told.

I think that is about it. It is very fast, it feels like 170 hp. I can post more detailed pics upon request. The mileage is a little off as it has a 16t front sprocket. I think i actually have a 15, 16, and 17t. The reason it has green rim stripes is i had a green track body on it. If it were my street bike, i think i'd pull the stripes and put some red ones on. As for now, i'm leaving as is in case it doesn't sell and i want to track it next spring. The previous owner set it up to be his race bike, but sold sue to a back injury. He claims to have had a drop in the pits. The right peg and spool is mildly rashed, leading me to think it was more than a drop, but definately not a lowside at speed. Nothing else is damaged, and these are hardly noticable.

I'm asking $6500, which i think is a fair price. All it needs a set of tires and a rider. I am located in Birmingham.

***Sorry the pics are so big, i thought i resized them enough. But i guess you can see them in more detail this way.***

Last edited by hayden41; 10-14-2013 at 08:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 12-18-2012, 09:27 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Dang. Good looking bike. Sorry you're letting it go.

GLWS

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #3 of 19 Old 12-19-2012, 11:44 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Good luck with sale , Any info on were I can get that muffler?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 Old 12-19-2012, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDork View Post
Dang. Good looking bike. Sorry you're letting it go.

GLWS
Yeah well it's not gone yet, so who knows. I'm actually trying to sell my aprilia too, and have considered keeping whichever doesn't sell 1st. Got them both on craigslist, i should post it here too. I've sold 2 ninjas to members here, they're easy to deal with. Right now, i've got zero interest in street riding. I'd love to do more trackdays, but i've kinda lost motivation for that too since all my rowdy track friends have settled down and quit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie718 View Post
Good luck with sale , Any info on were I can get that muffler?
Thanks, and i can't give you any info on that can other than it has hindle stamped onto the end of it. I searched all over and couldn't find it. The previous owner claimed he bought it from a local shop. It is a complete system. I really like the muffler too, not funky shaped, not too short or too long, and no labels all over it. Good luck.
post #5 of 19 Old 12-19-2012, 05:43 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayden41 View Post
Yeah well it's not gone yet, so who knows. I'm actually trying to sell my aprilia too, and have considered keeping whichever doesn't sell 1st. Got them both on craigslist, i should post it here too. I've sold 2 ninjas to members here, they're easy to deal with. Right now, i've got zero interest in street riding. I'd love to do more trackdays, but i've kinda lost motivation for that too since all my rowdy track friends have settled down and quit...

Thanks, and i can't give you any info Treeon that can other than it has hindle stamped onto the end of it. I searched all over and couldn't find it. The previous owner claimed he bought it from a local shop. It is a complete system. I really like the muffler too, not funky shaped, not too short or too long, and no labels all over it. Good luck.
Thank you I searched the name found a few that look smiler if, you don't mind can you tell me the length of can. Thank you once again, good luck with sale
post #6 of 19 Old 12-19-2012, 07:09 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

That is one clean looking bike!
post #7 of 19 Old 12-19-2012, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie718 View Post
Thank you I searched the name found a few that look smiler if, you don't mind can you tell me the length of can. Thank you once again, good luck with sale
16" to the tip. 14" not including tip. Hope this helps, wasn't sure how to measure it.
post #8 of 19 Old 12-19-2012, 08:23 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayden41 View Post
16" to the tip. 14" not including tip. Hope this helps, wasn't sure how to measure it.
Thank you
post #9 of 19 Old 12-26-2012, 02:29 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Very interested. Do you have a picture of the dyno sheet?

Also miles seem low. Do you mind having the speedo unscrewed and serial number on the inside compared to the bike vin?

post #10 of 19 Old 12-26-2012, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiGGi View Post
Very interested. Do you have a picture of the dyno sheet?

Also miles seem low. Do you mind having the speedo unscrewed and serial number on the inside compared to the bike vin?
I got the dyno sheet somewhere, if i can't find it, i'll ask my buddy who did it if he still has access to it.

The reason the miles seem low is because the bike has not been ridden. The previous owner put around 800 miles on it, hurt his back and it set up in his shop for nearly 2 years. I bought it last year and it has been in my garage for that long. When i got it, i drained the gas from the tank, replaced plugs, and ran a tank of injector cleaner thru it. Bought a pc5 and tuned it. That's about it.

As far as comparing the numbers, i'll look into it. Never done it before so i'll need to see if i can figure out how to. But really, the bike was primarily used as a track bike and you just don't put many miles on a bike doing track days. Especially when you only do a handfull of them in 4 years. I got a few days off so i'll check into it though. But you can look at this bike and tell it has not been ridden much.

Also, if you pm your email, i can send you some high resolution pics of it.

***Just talked to my tuner, said he can get a copy to me. I should be able to post it or send it to you sometime over the weekend.***

Last edited by hayden41; 12-26-2012 at 05:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in