Wanted Cheap, Wrecked, Crashed, Not Clean Title - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 05-12-2012, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Cheap, Wrecked, Crashed, Not Clean Title

I'm really thinking about doing a starters drag bike build. I've had my 10 to the track before and it was fun, but I like how it is too much for the street to start making it more strip friendly.

I would like to see what / if anyone has out there that they would let go for a low price. Not really set on a particular price. It depends on what is all wrong with the bike, but don't come to me with a totaled bike and say "but I put all this work into it, I want $5500 for it."

I am looking for something wrecked or crashed I guess since that would give me the lowest price. I have no plans of ever putting it on the road so I don't care if the title is clean, salvaged or missing, just don't come up to me and tell me its stolen or anything. Basically I would like the motor to be intact for the most part (rash, broken covers or whatever not too worried about, but no serious case issues or internal problems), frame should be decent (again, rash ok, even a slight crack is ok, but not bent, sub frame has more leeway), prefer forks to be straight, wheels to be ok, and tank to be fixable (but those are negotiable depending on price). I don't care about lights or body work or that stuff as it will be built into a strip only bike so I would just swap out to race fairings and such.

Just kinda throwing out a feeling if any one has something sitting in their garage or whatever collecting dust bc they dont want to fix it and doubt anyone would want to buy it. Also I would prefer a zx-10r, but would be open to other 1000cc sport bikes as well. I am located in North NJ. I would travel a bit, but prob not more than 5 hours or so. Thanks guys.

2008 ZX-10R | Black | Arrow Headers | AreaP Slip-on CF | K&N Filter |GUTS ECU Flash By Guhl Motors | Block-Off Plates | Fender Eliminator | Clear Alternatives Integrated Taillight | Rifleman's 1/5th Throttle Insert | Speedohealer | Pro-Grip 719s | Vortex Bar Ends | Puig Z DB Windscreen | CBR1000 Mirrors | Vortex 520 Sprockets -1/+1 | RK Gold 520 Chain | Galfer SS Lines | Pazzo Shorty Levers | Vortex Gas Cap | Rebuilt Damper | Lightech Rearsets | Much More To Come
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 05-12-2012, 06:31 PM
Does not drive into smoke

Posting Frequency

post #3 of 22 Old 05-12-2012, 06:43 PM
Gen2 Ripper

Posting Frequency

You'd have it easier looking to buy a non wrecked bike with a blown motor. Then all you gotta do is swap a motor and nothing else.

07-ZX10R-SOLD
, 1/5th insert, -1/+5,comp werkes decatted,PC3+multi-hub,piperX,30 dry shot,2custom maps,Ballistic EVO2,Pazzo shorties,SATO rearsets,HealTech,ZG Corsa,EBC XC Gen3 rotors,Vesrah pads, SS lines, Gen3 calipers, etc and stretched 8" so it won't flip
05-ZRX1200R-sold
04-KX500-sold
1975 RD350-garage queen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 Old 05-12-2012, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Zilcho View Post
Yea pretty much! You ever use that site? Is it safe and legit?

2008 ZX-10R | Black | Arrow Headers | AreaP Slip-on CF | K&N Filter |GUTS ECU Flash By Guhl Motors | Block-Off Plates | Fender Eliminator | Clear Alternatives Integrated Taillight | Rifleman's 1/5th Throttle Insert | Speedohealer | Pro-Grip 719s | Vortex Bar Ends | Puig Z DB Windscreen | CBR1000 Mirrors | Vortex 520 Sprockets -1/+1 | RK Gold 520 Chain | Galfer SS Lines | Pazzo Shorty Levers | Vortex Gas Cap | Rebuilt Damper | Lightech Rearsets | Much More To Come
post #5 of 22 Old 05-12-2012, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverendingmods View Post
You'd have it easier looking to buy a non wrecked bike with a blown motor. Then all you gotta do is swap a motor and nothing else.
That is def something I would consider... Just figured on a race bike I'm going to dump the stock fairings and lights and all that jazz anyway and replace with race fairing and lighter parts and strip off anything extra I don't need anyway.

post #6 of 22 Old 05-12-2012, 07:29 PM
Does not drive into smoke

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by BratNetwork View Post
Yea pretty much! You ever use that site? Is it safe and legit?
I "almost" used it. I wanted to create an account, but it wanted a $400 deposit, which would allow me to bid up to $4000. I didn't have anything specific on my mind, so I didn't want to put the money down. Otherwise I think it's legit.
post #7 of 22 Old 05-12-2012, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I'm going to keep an eye on it

post #8 of 22 Old 05-15-2012, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I got my eyes on a few, but I really think they are all going to sell for more than I would want to pay for the condition they are in and what I want to do with it... I wish I had the money to buy a perfectly good or decent bike and start with that, but it's just not in the cards right now. I would love a Gen3, but those seem to be hard to find. I think I could get a much better price buying off a private seller who just want to unload the bike bc this site you no only are dealing with other people bidding but also there are some substantial fees on top of the purchase price.

This one sold for an OK price I guess for what it is. I totally missed out on that one though. IMO still after the $530 in fees you would pay on top of the $1900 purchase price it starts to seem a little high still. I've seen some people selling running track bikes for only a little more than that...
http://www.autobidmaster.com/carfind...E_HARTFORD_CT/

I'd really like to scoop this one up, but I'm sure the selling price will go a lot higher than what I have to spend...
http://www.autobidmaster.com/carfind..._KY/#fancybox2
or
http://www.autobidmaster.com/carfind...CAGO_NORTH_IL/

The other two options are:
http://www.autobidmaster.com/carfind..._NY/#fancybox2
or
http://www.autobidmaster.com/carfind..._NY/#fancybox2

Of these four bikes I listed that are still up for sale, what do you think they will sell for, and what do you think realistically they would be worth and would it be worth it to start with a bike like that for that price?

post #9 of 22 Old 05-15-2012, 07:51 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

hey man check out Argocycles.com...it's a salvage place up in New Jersey and I've seen in a magazine that there were pretty straight forward...I don't have any first hand knowledge though

DDM Tuning HID lights| Sportech Windscreen| ASV shorty levers| Driven D3 grips| Evotech 1/4 turn gas cap| LSL sliders| Woodcraft case covers| PCV with custom map| BMC race filter| secondaries removed| EK 525 red chain| Vortex rearsets| M4 Slayer exhaust| PSR chain adjusters| Speigler brake lines| custom front and rear seat| Pro bolt aluminum bolt kit| Hellrazor servo eliminator
post #10 of 22 Old 05-15-2012, 10:27 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I buy from copart.com. its a salvage dealers auction and requires a license for the majority of the inventory but they have a lot of stuff open to the public. They're legit and nationwide.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in