Gen 1: 2004-2005 Candy Thunder Blue ZX-10R, 15K Miles, Excellent Condition, Upstate NY - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 Old 10-18-2014, 08:30 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Candy Thunder Blue ZX-10R, 15K Miles, Excellent Condition, Upstate NY

Hello, all. I have decided that it is time to part with my beloved first gen 2004 10r. The reason is that I just don't ride any more. Over the last two years, the most I have ridden this bike is once a week to work during the riding season. I used to take long weekend trips and ride about 2-4 other days of the week, but those days are long gone. This bike was my baby and I put every tasteful upgrade into it that I could find. It would make a great street bike or a track monster for any experienced rider. I also recently sold my 636. Other hobbies and life changes have taken up my time, so it's time for the bike to go to someone who will appreciate it. The bike is an absolute monster and has been custom tuned to 169.1 RWHP by a local tuner. I do have the dyno charts to prove it.

I bought the bike in 2008 or 2009 (I can confirm if it matters) from a gentleman in PA and I believe I am only the second owner. I have a clean title in hand and the bike is ready to go to it's new home. I have never dumped or crashed the bike, but the previous owner did let me know that he had a very low speed drop in a parking lot. There is no visible damage from said drop.

The bike has had all scheduled maintenance completed and the oil has been changed about every 1,500-2,000 miles with full synthetic oil and a fresh filter each time. Below is a list of modifications (with ballpark prices paid) some pictures. Please excuse me if I mislabel a part number or don't quote the exact item or price. It's been a while since I have been into it, but I'm doing my best to recall what I bought and paid. I have done so many things to this bike, that I may have to add some items to the list as time goes on because I will likely forget some on the first posting of this ad.

I am looking to sell the bike for a fair price given the work that has been put into it. I am not in a rush to sell it and I am not interested in any low balls or trades. I am confident that someone who appreciates the bike will show up and will buy it. If that takes until next spring, I am fine with storing the bike for the winter in my garage.

--2004 Thunder Blue ZX10R (NADA Average Retail $4,778)
+Galespeed type R forged aluminum wheels, black ($2,300)
+Michelin Pilot Sport 2CT tires front and rear with PLENTY of life ($275)
+Ohlins rear shock, I believe S46PR1C2LS, but it's been a while ($850)
+Custom side mount Ohlins steering damper--I don't know what unit it is, but it works and looks great, and it's adjustable ($350)
+Attack Performance rearsets with carbon fiber heel plates, black, fully adjustable ($450)
+Micron serpent aluminum hydroformed headers ($400)
+Custom level one racing (LOR) carbon fiber muffler/can--I had them custom make this for me to fit the serpent headers ($250)
+UNI foam air filter ($30)
+Factory pro billet velocity stacks ($260)
+Dynojet Powercommander PCIII ($275)
+Dynojet Powercommander ignition module ($290)
+GiPro gear indicator w/ ATRE, blue led ($175)
+Custom tune making 169.1 RWHP ($450)
+EURO RACING throttle kit--adjustable, but set up for shortest turn possible ($150)
+Brembo 19RCS Master Cylinder ($375)
+Nissin ZX-14 front calipers ($200)
+SBS Streetexcel sintered brake pads ($100)
+Galfer superbike brake line kit, black--these are the ones that go straight in to the caliper ($200)
+CRG Racing Supersport folding clutch lever with perch--this is the entire unit ($260)
+DDM Tuning HID headlights ($70)
+Speedo healer (on the bike when I got it)
+Giles tooling superbike chain adjusters, black ($175)
+Sliders all around, frame (no cut), bar, fork, swingarm ($300)
+-1/+1 sprockets and a nice x-ring chain--again, it's been a while, so I don't remember which, but I only put top quality stuff on this bike ($300)
+Rear fender eliminator (on the bike when I got it)
+Integrated rear tail light ($45)
+Gorilla Alarm 9007 w/ two way--I keep this disabled since the bike is garage kept and only parked in my office lot and it's a slight drain on the battery. Last I checked, it worked. ($220)
+The bike will come with rear seat and rear solo cowl
+The bike will come with a solo rear exhaust braket and the passenger pegs as well
+I have front and rear pitbull stands I will include with the bike for an extra $200
+I also have some gear we can talk about if you are interested, as I won't be needing it anymore

In the interest of full disclosure, I will say that I used to ride the heck out of this bike. I was never a stunter and never rode out any long wheelies or even did a single endo, but I certainly did do my best to drag my knees in the twisties around here. The rear tire won't show it because it got a nail and was replaced very few miles ago. With that said, the bike has been meticulously maintained and everything functions perfectly. The bike has never seen a track day and has only been ridden on the street. The following pictures are a bit old, but are close to how the bike sits now. Currently, the passenger pegs are installed. The stomp grip tank pads are gone. The 19RCS, CRG superbike clutch lever, and superbike lines were not installed in this series of pictures but have since been installed on the bike.

As for price, I am asking $4,750. I am open to reasonable offers, but I will simply ignore lowballs. I am located in the Albany area in upstate NY.

'04 636--23k+ miles--Too many mods to list!
'04 ZX10--169.1RWHP, 84.8FT-LBS TQ. Mods galore!

Last edited by syntheticreality; 10-18-2014 at 08:41 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 10-20-2014, 02:51 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

You got a PM Sir
post #3 of 30 Old 10-21-2014, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Responded. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 Old 10-22-2014, 10:06 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Damn that's a clean zx, I would be all over that if you were within driving distance.
post #5 of 30 Old 10-22-2014, 11:19 PM
ZX-10R enthusiast

Posting Frequency

Garage
Very nice, and a damn good deal IMO!!!!

I have the same exhaust setup on my Gen1!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2004 ZX.jpg
Views:	600
Size:	201.3 KB
ID:	292434  

Strictly for my Ninjas
https://www.instagram.com/mistr.123/
Current Ride: 2016 ZX-10R ABS (under construction)
Former Ride: 2011 ZX-10R ABS
17/41, Woolich Racing Tuned ECU and QS, Rifleman's 1/5th throttle insert, CL XBK5 pads, Yosh case sliders, Mivv Carbon w/ Ti Akra link
post #6 of 30 Old 10-26-2014, 09:43 PM
Kawasaki Whisperer

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to MrMoto73
Wow, that is a beautiful bike! GLWS! I'll be envious of whoever gets that sweet deal!

I DON"T HAZ ANY SNYDER PROBLEMS
post #7 of 30 Old 10-29-2014, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Thanks, guys! Lots of interest, but nobody has shown up with cash yet. It hasn't helped that I've been working 12-13 hour days and traveling in between. I am ready to find this bike a new home with someone who will ride it.

post #8 of 30 Old 10-29-2014, 11:49 PM
Kawasaki Whisperer

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticreality View Post
Thanks, guys! Lots of interest, but nobody has shown up with cash yet. It hasn't helped that I've been working 12-13 hour days and traveling in between. I am ready to find this bike a new home with someone who will ride it.
I am sure you will sell it. That's too good of a deal to pass up for someone looking for a clean Gen1. Just everyone here has 10R's all ready. Shoot, I have two Gen1's! Good thing I am broke with a broken car to fix or I would probably buy it. Lol

Have you thought about eBay? Put it up with a reserve and see what happens. Or, like you said in your first post. Just wait till after winter.

post #9 of 30 Old 10-30-2014, 08:08 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

You will sell this bike, just keep it on the market and the right owner will come along. Hell I am tempted to make the trip and pick it up lol.
post #10 of 30 Old 10-30-2014, 01:46 PM
Kawasaki Whisperer

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundercoupe9 View Post
You will sell this bike, just keep it on the market and the right owner will come along. Hell I am tempted to make the trip and pick it up lol.
I'd have to fight ya for it. Lol... man, it is great seeing such well kept Gen1's. When such bikes go up for sale the devil on my shoulder is always screaming at me to sell a liver or something to go buy it and save it from from a potential squid buyer who won't care for it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in