2008 ZX-10R Racebike with MUCH more available. - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 06-17-2014, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

2008 ZX-10R Racebike with MUCH more available.

It’s time for me to say goodbye to my beloved ZX-10R. I bought it new from Attack Kawasaki in 2009 and built the race bike that it exists as today. Over the years it’s won many races and class championships and has been a very competitive, reliable and FAST machine. As it sits, it’s basically a superstock build. The motor is fresh and other than a thinner head gasket and degreed cams it’s stock and runs happily on pump gas. I never pinched pennies building the bike and it’s pretty much got the best of everything. For suspension it has an Ohlins 25mm kit with custom valving in the fork and an Ohlins shock out back. It’s running an Akropovic Evo Full Ti exhaust with Bazzaz fuel management stacked on top of a the Kawi Kit ECU. It also has a quickshifter. The bike has the Bazzaz traction control unit and 2 fuel map system with auto-tuning. In the braking department the bike has a newer Brembo RCS master cyclinder and galfer superbike rotors. The steering stabilizer is GPR. Bodywork, rear sets, clip ons, and stand lifts are all Attack Performance pieces. It has Woodcraft case covers and shark guard. Chain is DID X-ring and Sprockets are Driven. The bike is currently set up for Dunlop race rubber and handles great. I hate to let it go but I just don’t ride the thing anymore and it’s time it finds a new home. The bike is in very, very nice shape and needs absolutely NOTHING. It is 100% turn-key ready to rock and roll.
As it sits I’m asking $6,500 for the bike. I also have available the ENTIRE stock bodywork kit including the tank in brand-new unused condition. I also have piles of spare parts and wheels and gearing. Furthermore, I was in the process of building a really ridiculous motor for it when WSMC folded and I lost interest and I have approximately $5,000 worth of un-built bad-ass big bore monster motor that could be put together if someone were interested. I’ll very likely sell the spares and bodywork and motor parts/kit separately but it is all currently available as a single purchase for the right price.

I went through the garage yesterday and found many, many more spares all tucked away in bins I would take to the racetrack. I haven't cataloged everything but I found cables, bars, case covers, grips, brake pads, master cylinders, Power commander with shift module, radiator overflow reservoirs, master cylinder reservoirs, etc, etc, etc... Some of it is still new in the Kawasaki packaging. LOTS of spares.

Feel free to contact me with any questions. I can be reached here via PM or at (661) 549-5061 or at [email protected]. Thanks. --Matt.
Attached Images

In memory of Nate 'Newt' Lynch 3/24/82 to 8/19/03

2011 WSMC #11
2010 California State Championship Open Production Champion

R. Tillery Powersports, Let's Ride Trackdays, LP; Team Privateer, Shoei

Last edited by Quig; 10-04-2014 at 04:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 06-29-2014, 06:02 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Wow, wished I had $7,000 to burn right now!
post #3 of 10 Old 06-29-2014, 06:42 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

That is an awesome bike. I must know more about this "monster motor"

A 1st Gen Ten will eat the hearts of grown men.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 06-29-2014, 11:38 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Thanks guys. It's a great bike in very nice shape with TONS of extras and spares.

Basically the unbuilt motor that is available is a 2mm overbore with JE pistons, Web Cams, Carillo Rods and a lightened/balanced crank. Nothing too crazy. The idea was a motor that was 100% reliable and ran on pump gas and made very usable power and torque. The head has a new valve job and is still wrapped in bubble wrap. I bought like $600 worth of parts of Kawasaki to assemble the thing including gaskets, and bearings and o rings, and new water pump, new cam chain and tensioner, etc, etc, etc...

Any more questions, feel free to ask. Thanks. --Matt.

2011 WSMC #11

post #5 of 10 Old 07-16-2014, 08:17 PM
Where'd the boobs go?

Posting Frequency

Bump. Nice machine. I work for Attack and was thinking of building another 1000, but I think I'll just get in the middleweight battle that's raging out at Chuckwalla this season.
Good Luck with sale
post #6 of 10 Old 07-24-2014, 08:36 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

The motor has sold. Bike, bodywork, wheels, and many, many spares still available.

Thanks

2011 WSMC #11

post #7 of 10 Old 09-01-2014, 02:16 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Any chance you can come up to the Ridge Motorsports raceway next weekend ? Dbl HDR sept 6,7 ... I'd like to keep mine street and get same track bike...I've been tracking mine and I still luv it to much lol... But ur looks great as my future track zx10. I like the idea of "what u ride street... U ride track;)
Let me know thx
Ps... I'm up in Vancouver, so u a bit far away heh
post #8 of 10 Old 10-04-2014, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Price drop to $6,500.

2011 WSMC #11

post #9 of 10 Old 09-21-2015, 07:34 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Bike sold, Awesome deal. Love it! The thing rides like its on rails. Thanks Matt.
post #10 of 10 Old 09-22-2015, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkamikaze View Post
Bike sold, Awesome deal. Love it! The thing rides like its on rails. Thanks Matt.
I'm very happy that you're so pleased with it and not one bit surprised. It really is fantastic machine and I'm glad you're still out ripping laps on it! Enjoy!

2011 WSMC #11

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in