Gen 1: 2004-2005 2005 zx10r - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 07-10-2012, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

2005 zx10r

Figured i'd list the whole bike For sale, I have some parts listed in the parts section, if the plastics sell I will remove this post.
Price is firm do not bother offering less than 4000. I'm located In Ft. Lauderdale Fl
The bike has a clean FLORIDA title. Title status is clean and clear, Does not state rebuilt, salvage etc.
There's a but. On the bottom of the title Under lean section there Is a stamp it reads "California salvage retention"
That is all I know about that, don't ask me why because I don't know. This appeared on the title when I switched it to my name.
Famous question "has the bike been down" yes it was my track bike originally and I personally laid her down. I repaired anything that was broken.
Bike is a 5 footer. She looks great in pics and even in person if you don't start examining it, but the plastics are not fully attached on two points due to broken tabs and have some scratches. I bought these plastics In their current condition on this forum and the guy was a shitty liar and sold them as "mint". The bike originally was dressed strictly for the track. Before even showing anyone the bike I would prefer you text me your email and I would gladly send detailed videos of any of the cosmetic defects I can find on the bike. That's just about all the bad, if you are still interested keep reading.

If you want a mint bike cosmitically this is not it so click the back button.

Everything on the motorcycle mechanically is great, never had an issue and she runs amazing track or street.

After market parts that I've personally installed or can vouch for their presence.

- power commander 3. I had the bike dyno tuned, made 155 rwhp on a calibrated dyno can't remember torque numbers have to find the sheet. Final numbers arent high but It gained 11 hp throughout the mid range From the base pull.
- k&n air filter
- two bros slip on and mid pipe
- exhaust servo bypassed
- CRG fully adjustable levers
- PIP fully adjustable rearsets (its setup for reverse shifting) appear to be vortex rep.
- 16 click ohlins steering dampner (not the factory 08 junk)
- frame sliders
- ss front brake lines
- integrated light smoke rear tail light
- flush mount front turning signals (not installed)
- wheels painted gold.
- all new gloss black hardware (partially installed)
- bike is currently lowered in the front only, I can raise back up to stock for buyer if desired
- carbon fiber front fender clear is cracking in a few spots, also have good condition blue one
- powder coated passenger pegs

Things I was told it has which I never verified
- race tech drop in springs and cartridges for 200lb rider
- rear spring replaced for 200lb rider,
- -1 front spocket
I do believe she has these suspension components due to a very very stiff ride when I first got her (170lb rider)
So I had a guy tweak the suspensions settings for me and I'd say she feels normal now at my weight.
New stuff
- Battery
- Tires are pretty new lots of life. Bridgestone battlex maybe 900 miles on them
That's about it, she's a great bike and never given me so much as a hiccup
Bought it with 4000 miles, and I just hit 13,000 today.
If interested text me for any info or to meet up 561-506-0469
I also have beat up track fairings for it that can go with the bike if desired. All mount up and will work fine for track use

Last edited by TrackJunkie10r; 07-10-2012 at 09:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-10-2012, 09:33 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

DAM, if u were a lil closer i woulda looked at it..BUMP, GLWS
post #3 of 5 Old 07-11-2012, 05:33 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

just want to say thanks for being upfront about the details/flaws on the bike! If i hadnt just dumped $6k on a cruiser, i would be more than inclined to take a drive out there to see the bike! GLWS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 07-11-2012, 06:59 AM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

@brijesh600 you're welcome, i'd rather be up front than waste anyone's time or my own.
post #5 of 5 Old 07-14-2012, 07:15 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Looks good!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in