M4 Street Slayer slip-on.
Frame Sliders.
Integrated tail light.
ECU wire mod.
-1, +2 Steel SunStar sprockets
Rifleman's 1/5 throttle.

All stock parts come with purchase.

Maintenance_
Oil changed at 100 miles, still using non synthetic until 2k miles.
Brake fluid changed (with replacement of lines) fresh dot4.

Story time:
Hey fellow zx10r's....
Some of you know I was involved in an accident on my last 2012 zx10r... ended up selling most of the pieces to fellows on here.
Well, I went out and bought a newer ZX10R, but I am not really happy with the purchase. Sadly the accident has taken quite a bit of the joy from riding... Perhaps I will find the love again but currently my mind is else where.

So, just a feeler if anyone wants to pull this off my hands.

Ride safe out there.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 02-20-2015, 05:58 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

abs model or not? location? Ski

May we all, get to have a chance to ride the fast one, walk away wiser when we crash one, keep hopin that the best one is the last one.
post #3 of 23 Old 02-20-2015, 06:10 PM
ZX-10R enthusiast

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooboy View Post
abs model or not? location? Ski
You can tell by the direct rear brake line that it a NON-ABS model.

Well GL with sale, but I say get back on the horse and ride
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 Old 02-20-2015, 06:44 PM
Formerly "bms"

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudewhrsmybike View Post
you can tell by the direct rear brake line that it a non-abs model.

Well gl with sale, but i say get back on the horse and ride
post #5 of 23 Old 02-20-2015, 07:03 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudewhrsmybike View Post
You can tell by the direct rear brake line that it a NON-ABS model.

Well GL with sale, but I say get back on the horse and ride

+3

Beautiful bike. Keep her and ease back into the riding.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #6 of 23 Old 02-20-2015, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Non ABS
.. I specifically disliked the ABS model I had prior... brake feeling wasn't my taste (too spongy).

I am in the Bay area of California.
post #7 of 23 Old 02-20-2015, 09:02 PM
The Pace

Posting Frequency

I don't know your personality, BUT early on recognize the level 1 thingie going on. If I recall you did whatever around some old lady and she hit ya, then you asked all the noob stuff. And did all the add-on noob stuff. Well, you get the point. BUT you asked questions. And that's something. Most just run away. disappear.

ok. We ALL have to start somewhere. And now I suspect that the 10r may very well be your first bike. idk, but it sure happens and many have had several bikes but never learned anything about riding. Not sure which is worse. A total noob buying the 10r or some dork that been on a bike for a decade or even decades, and never sorted ANYTHING about riding tech.

Here's my advice, and I ALREADY FOOKIN told you part of it early on. First, if you can afford your 10r, I agree with everyone else. Keep it.

Second. And say this to yourself 100 times: 'I will buy Keith Codes Twist of Wrist II and READ IT 1000 times.' He has a cd, also. Amazon has the book and probably the cd.

Riding smart and riding twists is that hardest thing I've EVER done, and I have to ride all the time or I'll forget how to ride and then there's the DORK popos who have zero clue about what we are doing and have no understanding of the spirit of the law and zero rationality about whether the rural deserted area is safe for what we do nor do many gulagers in uniform care less about our USA freedom on conscience as a rule of law.

So, yeah, there are problems about learning to ride and the dorks that are in our way even when we ride with total respect and friendliness around cagers.

Welcome to the reality of sport bikes.

With careful study of Codes book you will have a baseline entry level about riding twists after about a year of riding around your 70 percent level of comfort. Do NOT ride if you feel it's too fast. Cause that is where you're are at that point in time...mentally at. Riding mental AND technique.

Then next take Code's superbike classes using his rr's. AFTER YOU HAVE A SENSE OF CODE'S TECHNIQUES. It may come together slowly or fast, depending upon where your brain and perceptional starting point is locating.

I've watch some very young riders get it together in a few short months. I watched some old guys with thousands of miles of dork riding riding dork bikes NEVER have a clue about anything concerning true techniques of riding performance bikes.

About the brain and how our brain adjusts to fear and learning and technique and lots of practice.

So keep the bike. yes, it will make you nervous. But take a nap and that nervousness will go away as you plan your learning to ride curriculum.

The superbike is the most amazing tech I've EVER owned. Pure beauty; pure harmony; pure technique; pure hardware all synchronized into one floating rider and machine that produces the most exhilarating experience of our time. And it's not easy to get there, for sure.

Last edited by scout; 02-20-2015 at 09:07 PM.
post #8 of 23 Old 02-20-2015, 10:21 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

I was traveling down a road and a person pulled out in front of me (turning across my lane of traffic from a side street )
I may have not ridden as much as most, i've put just shy of 40k miles on my motorcycles.
Started with a zx6r, moved to a 1098 streetfighter, now the zx10r's.

I'll keep riding. I just lack the enjoyment of riding currently. Hopefully it will come back. Saddle time will tell.

Nonetheless, it is still up for grabs if anyone desires it. Who knows :)
post #9 of 23 Old 02-21-2015, 07:50 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by anderszx10r View Post
I was traveling down a road and a person pulled out in front of me (turning across my lane of traffic from a side street )
I may have not ridden as much as most, i've put just shy of 40k miles on my motorcycles.

I'll keep riding. I just lack the enjoyment of riding currently. Hopefully it will come back. Saddle time will tell.

I just can't imagine that. Not for me anyway. Then again, I didn't total my 10R either so I ain't judging you.

PS: That bike is sweet.

ANY fool can go fast in a straight line!
post #10 of 23 Old 02-21-2015, 11:15 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by anderszx10r View Post

Just admit it your getting the bmw.... Or is it r1 lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in