Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Two questions thats been killing me

682 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Palehorse 
#1 ·
#1 not as bad...has anyone had any experience with level one racing (lor) exhaust systems? Ive been looking around for a new system and that one was the main one that caught my eye other than racefit which would snap my wallet in half i'd assume. Pics of the cf lor system on a gen 1 would help along with a sound clip would be nice.

#2. Has anyone ridden both an 11 10r and an 11 beemer S1?

I rode a buddies beemer and really liked it, from the comfort to the gearbox. After riding it I was sold on the feel of it and But I havent rode the gen4 yet and im curious which one would be the better street bike so I can put my 1st gen on the track. Would be great to get non-biased opinions.

Sent from my LG-P999

#5 ·
The LOR exhaust is the best bang for the buck IMO. It's well made and sounds great. It's loud, but not obnoxious. The tone is superb. I've heard much worse.

I've ridden the BMW and the Kawi. Albeit the BMW was at the California Superbike School in rain and sport modes only. The Kawi was on a 20 min demo ride. Both bikes handle awesome. The BMW was buzzy and peaky for it's power delivery. My hands and feet were numb after running around the track in a 20min session. The Kawi felt much smoother, but it also felt like my '09 made more power right out the gate. If I was going to choose between the two, I'd get the Kawi and use the spare money to flash the ECU and put a quickshifter on it.

#6 ·
@or20r
I like the way its painted man looks good!

@skydork
I rode it through our local twisty section as far as I know about the bimmer has an austin racing exhaust, bazzaz fuel management, cf belly pan, cf huggers, case covers all around, OE quickshifter and tc and pilot powers. compared to my gen1 that thing seemed effortless to get through the route as my gen1 is more of a work out (makes it more interesting when turning in lol). And I honestly like the fact that with the bimmer I wouldnt need to flash the ecu and from what I read, wouldnt need a pc or bazzaz because of the beemers ecu. So I can just put on what I want wothout worrying about adding more to compensate.

Where as the 10r the traction control is better and less intrusive, but you would need a pcv or reflashed ecu or both to get a good feel after modification.

Either way it will be a street bike but as we all do I like to jave performance for those saturday/sunday rides. Im leaning more toward the bimmer still. Im not on the market now but by thia time next year ill be close or buying
Sent from my LG-P999

#8 ·
Yes it keeps the same tone. And one thing to consider with getting a BMW, used parts are slim pickings. And your gonna pay almost twice as much for aftermarket parts then you would a jap bike. How do I know? My buddy has a BMW and gets all excited when he gets a deal on a part. Then I get to bust his bubble when I tell him I pay almost half for the same part for a jap bike!

#9 ·
That just gives it a little more prestige for a mildly modded s1 if you ask me.

Replacement plastics are probably hard to come by I'd imagine for a 2 year old model but until I ride a 11 10r I think im set on the beemer.

ive came to compare it to every other bike ive considered (07+ R1,12' R1, 4th gen 10r,) and though I havent had the chance to ride the other models I have sat on all besides the late model r1.

Im more or less looking for reasons to talk myself out of spending 12-17k on a beemer but when I compare it to the jap bikes it'll win everytime.

-Comfort (argueable because im 5'11 and 175, pretty comfty on any bike)
-Looks (r1 looks better but lacks low end)
-Package from factory (kawi wins w/ better tc...but no qs?)
-Unique-ness? For lack of a better word...or a word lol
-power not much a point as I dont care

If I were looking for track only it wouldnt be hard to turn down the bimmer from their issues with the front end and it'd be between the r1 and kawi...

Ok im going off again...confusion..ill just wait till' I fill my piggy bank and buy the first one that comes to mind

Sent from my LG-P999

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.