Stunting??? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 Old 04-02-2010, 05:01 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Talking Stunting???

You know I am probibly going to get jumped on for this, but this is my opinion and I am sticking to it....

Every time I go ride here in Houston now I run across these so called "stunters" with there cycle gangs and biker boy jackets and mohawks on there helmets...

I am not a stunter by no means, but I have grenaded a couple of clutch baskets and motors rockin a standup for a little while...

I like stoppies, standups, flamingos, sking, and christ, but I don't leave my house to go ride and drop my tire pressure or bolt up my 12 o'clock bar or cage...

I love the twisties, but I love to act foolish too...

I guess I am just venting, because when "stunting" first started, there where no cages or 12 o'clock bars or dropping tire pressure or 60 tooth sproket, you rocked a wheelie at 100+, that shit was dangerous!!!

Now if your getting drug by your bike at 5mph or doing a circle wheelie at walking speed your the shit, I am NOT saying that it doesn't take skill, but its not for me...

Thats why you see guys jumping on P.O.S., smashing the tank and they are calling themselves "stunters"...:headshake

Now, I know there are some talented people out there who can ride, like Darius Khashabi, Kyle Woods, Jason Britton, and alot of other OLD SCHOOL pro's who have proved themselves in the past...

I am just sick of all the SQUIDS running around calling themselves riders, stunters, ruff riderz and all the in between....

Let the shit talking begin...

2011 RAM 2500 Cummins 4x4
2013 Durango R/T
2011 Mustang GT500 SHELBY
2004 Midwest 113ci Chopper
2000 Scarab 302 - Twin Yami 250's
A herd of ZX-10's

Last edited by g-note; 04-02-2010 at 05:11 AM. Reason: spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 Old 04-02-2010, 06:52 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I will have to agree with ya man. The Starboyz were cool when no one else was doing it. I love two ride long wheelies too, but it does seem that the new generation of stunting is attracting a bad crowd.

Speed is nothing unless you know what to do with it.
post #3 of 36 Old 04-02-2010, 08:59 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I have a busted R6 that says stunting isn't for me :-)

'07 SE- Lots to party with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 36 Old 04-02-2010, 09:39 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

The only stunting move I'd love to learn is a circle wheelie. Can already do good stoppies and wheelies. Can't do stand-ups anymore though since I have a bad knee. Can't have that give up while I'm pulling it up.

The thing that bothers me about stunting is that their bikes look like pooh. And yeah, I don't ride with anyone that wears a "mohawk" on top of their helmet.

16t front/43t rear sprockets(-1/+2), Healtech speedo-healer, X-TRE, MDA123 1.8lb lightweight battery, Dan Kyle re-valved Steering Damper, Hotbodies MGP Growler exhaust, Hotbodies GP windscreen, fender eliminated
post #5 of 36 Old 04-02-2010, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Talking

Well I had my buddy let me ride his "stunt bike" that he does circle wheelies on, and I almost looped it...

It has like a one up front sprocket and a 15 teeth bigger rear sproket on his 636, it is a twitchy as a crack head in a crack house...

Its really about balance, not control, they have handbrakes, 12 o'clock bars, and cages, so if you wreck nothing breaks, and at worst you get a skinned elbow...

But on the other side of it, when me and him go riding, and he is on his gixxer he can't shift in a long standup and ends up running out of gear...

Also he is not real keen on the twisties...

I LOVE movies like ALL TWISTED AND PUCKED UP , cause it shows real skill!!!

NOW thats my kind of riding...

2011 RAM 2500 Cummins 4x4
2013 Durango R/T
2011 Mustang GT500 SHELBY
2004 Midwest 113ci Chopper
2000 Scarab 302 - Twin Yami 250's
A herd of ZX-10's
post #6 of 36 Old 04-02-2010, 10:31 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

dropping the tire pressure is for someone that doesnt know what they are doing...real speople that know how to stunt dont drop their tire pressure...think of how would you do a slow circle one the back tire with no air in it??...u cant
post #7 of 36 Old 04-02-2010, 03:03 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

all twisted kicks... my style too!

Time will prey on you, and drag you thru hell....
TIE THIS AROUND YOUR NECK! :deathmeta

PRAY FOR VILLAINS
post #8 of 36 Old 04-02-2010, 03:25 PM
SPLAT!!!

Posting Frequency

could not agree woth you more g-note, i started riding when sbfreaks put out their first vids and i loved watching their sheet. I cant even watch new stunt anything. Granted i dont wheelie close to as much as i used to, if at all, but can still rock at BP all day if i get itchy. Riders/riding is not what it once was, per say.

post #9 of 36 Old 04-02-2010, 04:09 PM
formerly GHOST RIDER

Posting Frequency

Wheelies, stoppies, I can't do any of the stuff but do like watching and give props to the one who can. It just not my thing.
post #10 of 36 Old 04-02-2010, 04:11 PM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

I started stunting in 2002 and did it till 2008 the prob with stunting is all the tricks have been done! there not allot left, I got board with it and quit in 2008 I was in a few moves "Passion and Brotherhood" JD-2,JD-3,2scs-6, and a hand full more, but stunting is not hard anymore it's all brake control, we have hand brakes for all off peg stuff... so there was no more SS ( seat stander) wheelies at 80 mph at BP where if shit goes wrong you loop, now it's just grab some Hand brake imo it lost all it's skill level with HB's!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in