SparX S-07 Helmet Review - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 59 Old 10-18-2008, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
Vio
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

SparX S-07 Helmet Review

http://www.sparxhelmets.com/

Just got my new SparX S-07 helmet this past Thursday and figured I would give you guys and update.

The Good:
First of all, this helmet is an AWESOME deal. It is $109.99 MSRP, DOT and ECE-2205 certified, and weighs only 3lbs 5.3oz (for comparisons sake, a shoei X-Eleven weighs 3lbs 7.2oz)

The helmet is pretty good quality. The liner is just as soft as my Shark RSI helmet and absorbs sweat very good. It is also less noisy in most conditions, which was surprising. It vents pretty well, and even has visor vents similar to the higher end Arai helmets. I also noticed no buffetting, even at high speeds.

5-Year Replacement Plan. If you damage your helmet in a crash, all you need to do is send SparX a copy of the police report, short summary on how the helmet performed, and the damaged helmet and they will send you a replacement helmet.

The Bad:
For some reason, the helmet is quite loud when in a full tuck. Much louder than normal riding. I had a similar issue with my old Scorpion Exo-700, but no such occurrence with the Shark RSI. Would not be a problem for street riding or for riders wearing ear plugs (SparX actually supplies a set).

The biggest issue i have with the helmet is the visor area. I don't like the visor installation/removal system. It is not hard by any means, but it isn't great. It is similar in design to the Shoei RF-1000, but not as easy to operate. I am hopeful that it becomes a bit easier once it is used more.

Now to my biggest annoyance:
The visor does not close all of the way by just pulling down on the tab on the front. The side with the tab closes while the right side stays open (if just barely). This is solved by closing the visor from the middle area (with a bit of force) instead of the tab, but it is still annoying.

Verdict:
If you are looking for an affordable, lightweight, comfortable helmet with and extremely good warranty then you should try out the SparX S-07. Visor issues aside, I am very happy with it.

Last edited by Vio; 11-11-2008 at 11:58 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 59 Old 10-18-2008, 10:02 PM
Funshine Bear

Location: Back on the road again. Auto club speedway is my new home.
Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to minichevy
Good write up.

If you ain't first, your last!
Thats a registered trade mark of Rick Bobby INC.
post #3 of 59 Old 10-18-2008, 11:02 PM
Gun Owning Republican

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to Ervins
Right on. I think everyone should review the products they get. I was looking at a Sparx...I like the retro that is white with red stripes.

2006 ZX-10R SOLD, 2005 KX250F, and 2007 YZ85
and a Ton of Guns
I will never own a Honda again.

www.ema-usa.com
Motorcycle Parts and Accessories
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 59 Old 10-19-2008, 12:40 AM
Guilty by association

Posting Frequency

thanks for the info, but i can not bring myself to only spend a hundred buck on the most important appendage on my body. Im sure that when we buy suomy, shark, and all the other top of the line ones we are paying for a lot of the name, but i also think that the more expensive helmet brands are expensive for a reason.

-I come in peace. I didnít bring artillery. But Iím pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, Iíll kill you all.
General "Mad Dog" Mattis
post #5 of 59 Old 10-19-2008, 08:03 AM
Custom Powder Coater

Posting Frequency

nice write-up
my boy got one a while back when they 1st came out, he aint got much money so this was helmet he had to go with, and to this day he loves.his came w/2 visors smoke and clear, bag and stickers.

www.sportbikepc.com
Sport Bike Powder Coating,LLC
Custom Powder Coating & Authorized Dealer for:
ASV Levers,Brocks Performance,Carrozzeria Wheels,Core Moto Brake Lines, EarthX Batteries,Sato Racing, SuperSprox..
PM or [email protected] for pricing..
post #6 of 59 Old 10-19-2008, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
Vio
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervins View Post
Right on. I think everyone should review the products they get. I was looking at a Sparx...I like the retro that is white with red stripes.
I was eyeballing the retro one as well. I like it a lot, but just not enough to buy it :)

I was thinking about posting some more reviews of some stuff i have tried out recently ( I am a sucker for trying out new things). I think i will. If i can help someome make a good decision and save them the hassle of all the research involved then i figure i have done some good :)

Last edited by Vio; 10-19-2008 at 03:31 PM.
post #7 of 59 Old 10-19-2008, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
Vio
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpriordan View Post
thanks for the info, but i can not bring myself to only spend a hundred buck on the most important appendage on my body. Im sure that when we buy suomy, shark, and all the other top of the line ones we are paying for a lot of the name, but i also think that the more expensive helmet brands are expensive for a reason.
I used to agree with you, but since trying a Shoei Rf-1000, Scorpion EXO-700, Shark RSI, and SparX S-07 i can honestly say that they are all of very good quality.

There does seem to be quite a bit of thought put into the inside of the helmets of both the Shark and SparX though. This may be due to the ECE certification. The SparX has a padded rubber area on the inside of the top of the helmet to absorb impact. The Shark had ridges cut into the interior.
post #8 of 59 Old 10-19-2008, 09:36 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by minichevy View Post
Good write up.
post #9 of 59 Old 10-19-2008, 10:19 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

gonna go shopping this week! thanks
post #10 of 59 Old 10-19-2008, 11:31 PM Thread Starter
Vio
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in