Need recommendation for 50-65F gloves - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 01-05-2019, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Need recommendation for 50-65F gloves

Hi all,
Iím beyond frustrated trying to find a set of gloves for 50F-65F temps. I have a set of mesh Astars that are awesome when itís warm, but when the temps dip into the 50ís they are miserable.

In searching online and in stores it seems like all the gloves go from full winter gloves to mesh gloves, or are rain gloves. I donít intentionally ride in the rain so the dryness isnít an issue, and Iím worried that winter gloves would be too much in the mild temps that Iíd be riding in.

As far as preferences go Iíd prefer a full leather glove and one thatís either longer or half-gauntlet, but Iíd love feedback from anyone that has found something that works well in mild temps, regardless of if it fits the leather/longer preference.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 01-05-2019, 07:44 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
I use just cheap leather for 45/50 degree from ebay, slight padding, anything from 0 to 45 I use my heated fly racing ignitor gloves

04 1000rr, 05 zx10 rocket...check out some of my work in my albums link.. https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/album.php?albumid=3114
post #3 of 12 Old 01-08-2019, 10:09 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97grnrs View Post
I use just cheap leather for 45/50 degree from ebay, slight padding, anything from 0 to 45 I use my heated fly racing ignitor gloves
Thank very much for the input. After reading your post I finally decided to stop being a name brand snob and searched around on Amazon for a pair that had what I wanted.

I ended up ordering these which had mostly 4 and 5 star reviews

I got them Monday and they seem to be a clone of the Alpinestars Version 1 SP2 gloves, like to the point that Iím wondering if theyíre made by the same vendor. I had looked at the SP2ís several times, so Iím generally familiar with how theyíre put together. The only thing that seems to be missing is the pinky/ring finger bridge that Astars does.

I rode with them today in 55F temps and they were fantastic. The look good, seem to perform well and were only $50. Iím sold!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 01-08-2019, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
post #5 of 12 Old 01-09-2019, 12:59 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

For 3 winters I commuted on my 10R on the highway (i.e. high speed with wind chill) in all conditions down to near freezing temps and used my Alpinestars GP Plus gloves.

The 1st season I wore cheap $1 wooly style mittens under my Alpinestars but my fingers would still get very cold, especially in the rain when it'd all soak through.

I smartened up for my 2nd winter and installed Bikemaster heated grips. After that I could tolerate wet and near freezing conditions with just the Alpinestars alone. At 50-65F I'd be really comfortable. Even if my gloves were soaked through I could still manage a long commute at highway speeds.

If you go with heated grips I recommend Bike Master grips over Oxford. The Bike Master control button is much, much smaller and it's easier to find a place to mount it.

2013 ABS, Bridgestone T30 Evo, Woolich, Danmoto shorty & link, Rifleman's 1/5th turn, K&N, GP shift, Gen5 shock/links/dogbone, geared (-1/+0), Shorai, EBC HH, AllBallz roller steering, Ohlins NIX30, Lightech adjusters. Bestem carbon. 50,000km+ and good so far.

Last edited by Porschenut; 01-09-2019 at 01:01 PM.
post #6 of 12 Old 01-09-2019, 02:23 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Those should do. I live in Michigan and like Porschenut said i also have ridden many times near freezing temps and leather gauntlet gloves made it tolerable, not comfortable but tolerable. at 50-60 temps those should be perfect.
post #7 of 12 Old 01-12-2019, 09:58 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Thanks for all the feedback, guys!
post #8 of 12 Old 01-13-2019, 12:29 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

I just stick my hand in the fairing behind the radiator to warm it up 😀
post #9 of 12 Old 02-03-2019, 05:42 AM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

OI have tight Dainese gloves with their glove covers....use the covers with it is cold land rainy....they're water proof.

post #10 of 12 Old 02-04-2019, 09:04 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
I've got a set of Alpinestars SP-2 Leather Gloves (size large) that I literally bought, tried on, and never wore after that. I actually created an RMA for em but was too lazy to drive 30 minutes to STG. If you want them, their yours (they still have the tags on I think). I paid $95.66 for them, you can have them for $60 + free shipping.

When in doubt... send it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in