Hell of an Upgrade! - Page 2 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 24 Old 02-22-2019, 12:48 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palehorse View Post
Dm me on Instagram. Weíll be riding tortilla flat this Sunday (canyon ride by the lakes) on the east side.

We can definitely link up and ride. Will be good to have another kawi guy to defend myself from the all of the yama fanboys lol

Join the Facebook group ďSport bikes and chillĒ itís a shit show but is usually great for meeting people.
Cool, just DM'ed you. Sorry, I don't do Facebook - hate that shit. IG is a stretch for me lol. But yeah keep me in the loop, I just put a new set of Supercorsas on the bike so I'm eager to stretch her legs :D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 Old 02-22-2019, 02:42 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
You could be right.

The throttle is the only dislike I have for a bike. Not that itís jerky (I do have kbec on) but the massive deadzone it has. That and Iím used to cable throttles and they had way more feel. Iím sure this is the lay of the land now. Iím just not used to it.

The restriction comes with different power modes or are you saying even with full itís still restricted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, on all modes there's throttle restrictions. I think the power modes only affect fueling. When KEBC is on it adds fueling on decel (to reduce engine braking) but in turn this also makes getting on-throttle smoother. If you turn KEBC off you might notice some snap action, especially once you start to ride harder. For me also, I run the R6 throttle tube which puts even more emphasis on the jerkiness but after flashing I can ride the bike however (track or street) with no issue.

When in doubt... send it!
post #13 of 24 Old 02-22-2019, 06:24 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddipaola View Post
Yes, on all modes there's throttle restrictions. I think the power modes only affect fueling. When KEBC is on it adds fueling on decel (to reduce engine braking) but in turn this also makes getting on-throttle smoother. If you turn KEBC off you might notice some snap action, especially once you start to ride harder. For me also, I run the R6 throttle tube which puts even more emphasis on the jerkiness but after flashing I can ride the bike however (track or street) with no issue.
Definitely leaving the KEBC on low. It just feels better over all. I don't really change the power modes which I think is likely to have the largest affect on the throttle feel. I just change the TC based on conditions (thus far). Will be putting a lot of miles on her this weekend so we'll see if my opinion on everything changes afterwards.
ddipaola likes this.

08 250r-sold
..05 zx6r 636- sold
99 yzf R1-traded
04 zx10r-sold
06 zx10r - Sold
19 KRT zx10r - Current

Instagram.com/10r_Rome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 24 Old 02-23-2019, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Got through my shakedown in the canyons today. I expected it to take some adjusting but no, it felt very familiar. The seat is wider than the 06s so it took getting used to sliding across it. Was a blast though getting familiar with the bike. It may be weird to say but I find the seating position makes it easier to stay light on the clip ons while also leaning forward and off the bike around a corner.

Iím 5í11/180, at first I though the suspension was far too stiff. All experience Iíve had with stiff suspension Iíve always had the ďwashyĒ feeing up front, I expected that with this but it didnít happen. I suspect the shocks are digressive so they feel really stiff but have a softer feel when actually being ridden. Felt way more plush once I got some speed going. Even on one of the corners where thereís a bump right where you have to weight (I do it early), I didnít even feel it this go around.

The throttle is twitchy. On corner exits I found myself giving more throttle than intended. I was able to steady it out upon entry but there was multiple times where the amount of throttle I expected to give didnít match what I felt. ĎTwas fun though.

08 250r-sold
..05 zx6r 636- sold
99 yzf R1-traded
04 zx10r-sold
06 zx10r - Sold
19 KRT zx10r - Current

Instagram.com/10r_Rome
post #15 of 24 Old 02-26-2019, 10:45 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I know that bike screams in the upper RPM range. How is it in the mid range? That's one of the things I love about my old Gen 2.

This new bike probably does everything else better and I'd probably forget all about that mid-range after riding it right? I'm Just wondering because if I ever got the cash to upgrade I'm curious if it'd be worth to upgrade to the newest and latest 10r or just simply update my current 06'.
post #16 of 24 Old 02-26-2019, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaLife View Post
I know that bike screams in the upper RPM range. How is it in the mid range? That's one of the things I love about my old Gen 2.

This new bike probably does everything else better and I'd probably forget all about that mid-range after riding it right? I'm Just wondering because if I ever got the cash to upgrade I'm curious if it'd be worth to upgrade to the newest and latest 10r or just simply update my current 06'.

Itís awful down low. Anything above like 6k or so is where it wakes up. It definitely does everything better though, everything. Also a flashed ecu and exhaust will wake it up down low more Iím sure.

If youíre considering an upgrade I think itís worth it just having the electronics. If you upgrade to a 2019 youíll get the qs and autoblip stock. Itís a game changer man.

Iím 5í11 and around 180 and the seating position is better for me also. If you like track riding to me the 06s seat was better because it was thinner and more rounded. On the 19 I found it more difficult to slide around in the seat with my leathers on.

Pic because itís a dope ass pic

08 250r-sold
..05 zx6r 636- sold
99 yzf R1-traded
04 zx10r-sold
06 zx10r - Sold
19 KRT zx10r - Current

Instagram.com/10r_Rome
post #17 of 24 Old 02-26-2019, 01:53 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Itís awful down low. Anything above like 6k or so is where it wakes up. It definitely does everything better though, everything. Also a flashed ecu and exhaust will wake it up down low more Iím sure.

If youíre considering an upgrade I think itís worth it just having the electronics. If you upgrade to a 2019 youíll get the qs and autoblip stock. Itís a game changer man.

Iím 5í11 and around 180 and the seating position is better for me also. If you like track riding to me the 06s seat was better because it was thinner and more rounded. On the 19 I found it more difficult to slide around in the seat with my leathers on.

Pic because itís a dope ass pic

Sounds like it's worth the upgrade lol. And that is a badass picture!
post #18 of 24 Old 02-28-2019, 04:16 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

congrats on the bike, looks epic, love the new KRT colour scheme!! what mod plans do you have ?
post #19 of 24 Old 02-28-2019, 06:51 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX10RArcher View Post
Nice! Another Arizonan!

If you want to meet up this weekend (or any other) once the rain clears let me know as I just followed you on Instagram. I'll let you have a go at either my 4th gen or 5th gen so you can feel the difference in the bikes. I lived in Tucson for 10+ years before moving back home to MN for a while and recently permanently relocated back to AZ after doing the snowbird thing for a few years. Moved just outside of Phoenix so I don't know the roads here yet and would like to find some riding buddies to show me where the good roads are!
Well shit theirs your ECU flash... Why cant the rest of us get that lucky lol
Palehorse likes this.
post #20 of 24 Old 02-28-2019, 11:33 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Hey I'm from AZ too! I upgraded from an '06 ZX6R to my '17 ZX10R and love it. I would like to get the ECU flash done but not sure where to go for that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in