H2 - Page 2 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 24 Old 05-10-2016, 08:17 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

mikes loss is a loss to all of us. called me pretty often and we talked extended periods. just called last month about cam timing on his h2 and coming mods. i did his gen 4 head and have one of his heads here now on a shelved project of his. owned some very special fast kawasakis. very passionate about his bikes. gonna miss talking with him.

Last edited by gazx10; 05-10-2016 at 08:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 Old 05-10-2016, 02:41 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

I read through some pages on another forum and it sounds like speed was a factor. Someone said the bike debris went up to 600yds from the crash site. Crazy. RIP to him
post #13 of 24 Old 05-11-2016, 11:00 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

WTF!!! THAT IS TERRIBLE!!! My sincere condolences. He was the real deal enthusiast and good dude. ITS A DAMN SHAME. I guess you never know when its your day to go.

A 1st Gen Ten will eat the hearts of grown men.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 24 Old 05-17-2016, 04:43 PM
Administrator

Posting Frequency

Garage
Add ZiG 9th to the list

https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/f23/coul...ml#post4151850
ZiG 9th likes this.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
--Dr. Seuss
post #15 of 24 Old 05-17-2016, 04:57 PM
Administrator

Posting Frequency

Garage
@ZiG 9th;
ZiG 9th likes this.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
--Dr. Seuss
post #16 of 24 Old 05-18-2016, 09:22 AM
Administrator

Posting Frequency

Garage
Add @megaton; to the list as well

--Dr. Seuss
post #17 of 24 Old 05-18-2016, 09:37 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Boosted has one too

More cowbell
post #18 of 24 Old 05-18-2016, 11:59 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

I have an H2 and used to own a gen 1 ZX10. I have ridden all gens of ZX10 including the '16 model. I shaved about 35 lbs off it with muffler changes and fender eliminator, and reflashed the ecu - that's all and it has 231Hp at the rear wheel! Its hard to get your head around the intense experience of this bike even on a simple commute to work, its a great way to start the day. It handles extremely well, of course it is heavier than a ZX10 but its comfortable, nimble enough and has acceleration that you will never experience with any other production bike. If you check out the H2 forum, there not a single unhappy customer, just beaming smiles everywhere. The bike is so well built and strong. I would say that maintenance is probably better than the ZX10 because things are much more accessible to get at. Service intervals are the same. Only extra thing is to check the supercharger shaft end float which is easy anyway.
If the magazine tests don't convince you, take it from a very satisfied owner.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160517_180010_resized.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	832.8 KB
ID:	373354  
ZiG 9th, Johns04ZX10R and jr0065 like this.
post #19 of 24 Old 05-18-2016, 12:18 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by swainic View Post
I have an H2 and used to own a gen 1 ZX10. I have ridden all gens of ZX10 including the '16 model. I shaved about 35 lbs off it with muffler changes and fender eliminator, and reflashed the ecu - that's all and it has 231Hp at the rear wheel! Its hard to get your head around the intense experience of this bike even on a simple commute to work, its a great way to start the day. It handles extremely well, of course it is heavier than a ZX10 but its comfortable, nimble enough and has acceleration that you will never experience with any other production bike. If you check out the H2 forum, there not a single unhappy customer, just beaming smiles everywhere. The bike is so well built and strong. I would say that maintenance is probably better than the ZX10 because things are much more accessible to get at. Service intervals are the same. Only extra thing is to check the supercharger shaft end float which is easy anyway.
If the magazine tests don't convince you, take it from a very satisfied owner.
Man that is intense. From what i have read, the H2 makes 197 to the crank, from the factory. With an exhaust and flash it is up to 231 rwhp? That is a huge gain. But I guess with FI, the gains are always larger.
post #20 of 24 Old 06-09-2016, 02:40 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

I had planned on getting the H2, but sadly I didn't get the promotion I was expecting :( So I sold my Gen 3 and got the Gen 5 instead. I saw the video of the H2R at the Isle of Mann and it is just crazy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in