first 2019/20 bmw s1000rr dyno... 206rwhp? - Page 2 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 51 Old 05-14-2019, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdharris View Post
I'm sure it's going to be an awesome bike in a number of ways but I'll withhold judgement on the dyno numbers until a few more folks get their hands on them. Even better, I'd love to line up with them. :)

Back in 2010 I recall people running around screaming about BMW's new monster sportbike that made 190rwhp STOCK!!!!...they didn't. Back in 2016 there were some dyno posts and videos about the new ZX-10R that made 195rwhp STOCK!!!!....they didn't. For reference, on the dyno where my Gen 5 was tuned (193rwhp) the strongest 2015+ full bolt-on BMWs make high 180's to the wheel. I expect the new one to be stronger but 206rwhp STOCK!!!!...we'll see. :)

yeah dyno numbers can be made to say anything, and cant compare diff dynos etc etc i think we all know that by now

BUT... this was from a shootout done with all the top bikes on the SAME dyno, same conditions, etc... so the point of interest is that it made more than all the other bikes on the same dyno, including the duc with 1100cc

not sure if the Ape was in this test, waiting for it to be published
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 51 Old 05-14-2019, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedinseattle View Post
manufacturers advertise dry weight, and horsepower to the crank, not wheel. the new rsv4 1100 factory makes 217 hp to the crank. there's far too many variables to make claims about what it puts down to the rear wheel. The crank is the crank, that'll always be pretty much the same, it's after that where it gets wonky with the losses
and some manufacturers overrate, some underrate.... none of it is really accurate, unless you put all the bikes on the same dyno, same settings, etc
post #13 of 51 Old 05-14-2019, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

comment from the dyno operator... looks like no aprilia in test :(

Quote:
Paul Fryer
2 days ago
Yes I do run my dyno with DJHP correction. This brings the figures obtained more in line with what other dyno operators get. For instance, I know of another 2019 BMW S1000RR that was on another dyno and they recorded a figure of 205bhp. If we put up the non DJHP figure of 170bhp I would get more questions about why we are 35bhp down on all the other reports. This way, I can publish figures that match other dynos and are what people expect to see. I maintain the settings so that true comparisons can be made and when you see the dyno results of the ZX10RR, GSXR1000R, R1M, CBR1000RR SP1 and Ducati V4S then you will be able to see that they were all recorded using the same settings. If I really wanted to mess with people I could have used a different correction factor (ISA instead of SAE) and got 213bhp!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 51 Old 05-16-2019, 10:16 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Gasoline engines have no future. All this is the day before yesterday. Only electric traction!
All modern manufacturers of sport bikes simply cease to exist, because they did not invest in innovation. Nothing new has been invented in the last 30 years.
BMW, Kawasaki, Honda, SUZUKI, Yamaha - just dinosaurs
michael4012 likes this.
post #15 of 51 Old 05-16-2019, 10:35 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by max232 View Post
Gasoline engines have no future. All this is the day before yesterday. Only electric traction!
All modern manufacturers of sport bikes simply cease to exist, because they did not invest in innovation. Nothing new has been invented in the last 30 years.
A BMW motorcycle engineer said it was the latest thermal engine they will ever develop. They are switching to electric now. Not saying that all their bikes will be electric by tomorrow though.

Anyway the new S1000RR will be the replacement of my ZX10R. Even if it was 190HP, the electronic is so good and the dash so clear that it is worth the change.

Sorry Kawi, but you need to step up!
post #16 of 51 Old 05-16-2019, 10:55 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

I hear a lot of people saying that sportbikes nowadays have "too much HP". I strongly disagree, and think this saying is really counterproductive.
1. People have ALWAYS said sportbike have too much HP, even back in the 80's with 140/150HP. And yes I am old enough to remember :(
2. Riders are in sportbike for the power, there is no such a thing as too much when it is manageable.
3. Even before the advance of electronic, the HP on a sportbike is very manageable, it comes progressively and linearly. Be gentle on the throttle. (not necessarily the case with two stroke engines)
4. Pass 50mph, you are dead in any collision anyway. A 40HP bike is capable of 100MPH, it will not make a difference when you are t-boned by a car. (Haters will hate, but face it, it is physics and biology combined)
5. The advantage of sportbikes over "beginner" bikes is that all the equipment is top of the line: better chassis, better suspension, better brake, better electronic, better tires.
6. You sure don't use 170, 200 whatever HP in the traffic during your daily commute. But track days are there so we can enjoy our sportbike, and it redeems all the misery we put up during winter time.

So please stop saying sportbikes have "too much HP", this give sport riders a bad press, and your insurance premium will go up.
post #17 of 51 Old 05-16-2019, 03:14 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by max232 View Post
WTF you talking about? Lithium battery powered cars are joke. Tesla is not profitable by now .Get a life. Lithium or electric motor is not the answer to climate change. If you think that fossil fuels will disappeared tomorrow, you're really dumb. Stop drinking the kool-aid and learn shit. Bring Back the 2 stroke already!

Moto E is not appealing at all and a fucking joke. I am glad the whole rig burned in Jerez. Fucking garbage.

Lithium Batteries' Dirty Secret: Manufacturing Them Leaves Massive Carbon Footprint
https://www.industryweek.com/technol...massive-carbon
https://www.wired.co.uk/article/lith...ronment-impact
https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/...-power-energy/

“Ride like you are invisible.”

Last edited by badexample; 05-16-2019 at 05:01 PM.
post #18 of 51 Old 05-16-2019, 04:31 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Big numbers on a bike that is already easier to ride than the Kawasaki. While I expect the actual rwhp numbers to be closer to 190 ish, the carbon wheels and chassis will truly make this bike amazing.

The ZX10 is good, and with mods just as powerful, but it suffers in the weight and chassis....the BMW is just that much better.

ill keep my 10RR for a few more years and then switch. (I already have a BMW now) Maybe by then Kawi will up their game even more.

18 Ninja 400R
17 ZX10RR
16 S1000R
14 BMW S1000RR
1996 ZX7R

CaliTrackDays A group Marshall
post #19 of 51 Old 05-16-2019, 04:57 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Reduction in parasitic loss is how you can get your numbers up. Lighter tire, 520 chain, aluminum sprockets, carbon fiber wheels, ceramic bearings, if you make the engine spin less mass, more "power" will get put down.
TheRoadWarrior and gaz like this.

Shut up and ride.

Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv
post #20 of 51 Old 05-17-2019, 12:28 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by badexample View Post
WTF you talking about? Lithium battery powered cars are joke. Tesla is not profitable by now .Get a life. Lithium or electric motor is not the answer to climate change. If you think that fossil fuels will disappeared tomorrow, you're really dumb. Stop drinking the kool-aid and learn shit. Bring Back the 2 stroke already!

Moto E is not appealing at all and a fucking joke. I am glad the whole rig burned in Jerez. Fucking garbage.
Lithium-ion battery is outdated. Started production of solid-state batteries. It is 8 times easier, 10 times faster charged, 5 times more powerful in the same volume.

The electric motor will have an advantage over the gasoline, diesel engine in the entire rev range. Ecology does not matter here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in