decisions, decisions.. 2019 zx10r or 2019 s1000rr - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 58 Old 10-19-2018, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

decisions, decisions.. 2019 zx10r or 2019 s1000rr

ok, here's the deal. just recently lost my 2012 zx10r in an accident. currently waiting to heal up which will take another 4-6 wks.. i had approx. 124k miles on her which was my daily driver. i know the bmw is a beast, but will it be reliable. through experience i would think the zx would be with the miles i put on her. i also had a 2006 zx6r which had approx. 82k before i sold her. what are your guys thoughts?
i also would think that the bmw will cost more in maintenance, but i am willing to take that on.
thanks

2019 ZX10R
ASV Levers
Light Tech Chain Adjusters
Pilot Road 5 tires
SATO Racing:
Frame Sliders,
Swing Arm Spools
MRA Double Bubble Windscreen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 58 Old 10-19-2018, 11:09 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Any bike is going to last as long as it needs to if you do all the proper maintenance. Except KTM... stay away from the RC8R lmao. Honestly, for a daily, I wouldn't even get a sportbike. I would get like an FZ09, FZ10, and SD, or a Street Triple. If you're bent on a sportbike I won't lie the Gen5's are pretty comfy imo. More comfy than a CBR. Way more comfy than Ducati/Yamaha. I haven't sat on the new GSXR but those are also good bikes now-a-days and probably in the same comfort ballpark. They can make good power too if you go through Brock's who's probably done the most extensive tuning on it.
Yogotta B. Biking likes this.

When in doubt... send it!

Last edited by ddipaola; 10-22-2018 at 07:13 AM.
post #3 of 58 Old 10-19-2018, 01:08 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Did you just say 124,000 miles on a gen 4?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 58 Old 10-19-2018, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnG View Post
Did you just say 124,000 miles on a gen 4?
Yes, about 124,450 if i recall.

2019 ZX10R
ASV Levers
Light Tech Chain Adjusters
Pilot Road 5 tires
SATO Racing:
Frame Sliders,
Swing Arm Spools
MRA Double Bubble Windscreen
post #5 of 58 Old 10-21-2018, 05:00 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

RC8R is an awesome machine..but as a daily, SuperDuke, SpeedTriple, FZ09, Z1000 thise kinda bikes.. I would efen consider a KTM 1050, Tifer 1050 Sport or GS1200
ddipaola likes this.

then for fun I drive a british racing green MINI Cooper S
post #6 of 58 Old 10-22-2018, 06:57 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tukn20s View Post
Yes, about 124,450 if i recall.
Holy Crap! Good on ya, im impressed not only for the zx but you being able to put that many miles on a sport bike. Did you have any engine failures? But to help answer your original post if you're putting that many miles on a bike i would definitely stick with the latest zx10r. I follow all the other bikes and it still seems the 4th gen and up Zx is the only 180+ whp sport bike thats ultra reliable.
post #7 of 58 Old 11-03-2018, 10:53 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by tukn20s View Post
ok, here's the deal. just recently lost my 2012 zx10r in an accident. currently waiting to heal up which will take another 4-6 wks.. i had approx. 124k miles on her which was my daily driver. i know the bmw is a beast, but will it be reliable. through experience i would think the zx would be with the miles i put on her. i also had a 2006 zx6r which had approx. 82k before i sold her. what are your guys thoughts?
i also would think that the bmw will cost more in maintenance, but i am willing to take that on.
thanks
I was on the fence as well. I made a spread sheet of the pros and cons and choose the Kawi because of these categories

Performance upgrade support
Aftermarket product choices
Dealer location and friendly atmosphere
Price
Reliability
Brand name

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
post #8 of 58 Old 11-03-2018, 01:43 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

BMW will cost more in maintenance? Where did you get this info from? hahahaha Buy the BMW, it is a no brainer. If you are retarded, go buy an outdated overweight platform with the same shitty dash. Brands loyalist are so retarded. Kawasaki won't pay for your funerals if you die tomorrow. Get the M version of the new BMW with carbon fiber wheels.

“Ride like you are invisible.”

Last edited by badexample; 11-03-2018 at 02:03 PM.
post #9 of 58 Old 11-03-2018, 03:24 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by badexample View Post
BMW will cost more in maintenance? Where did you get this info from? hahahaha Buy the BMW, it is a no brainer. If you are retarded, go buy an outdated overweight platform with the same shitty dash. Brands loyalist are so retarded. Kawasaki won't pay for your funerals if you die tomorrow. Get the M version of the new BMW with carbon fiber wheels.
Yes they are more expensive. You either have to go to the dealer to reset the service light or buy a GS-911.

I heard from a reliable source that the current gen S1K's are going to have a lot of engine failures and the dealer is starting to see evidence of it.

I have an 13 S1K track bike and finding a ecu tuning solution is a pain in the ass. You either have to pay $800+ or risk frying your ecu trying to DIY.

If you were looking for a garage queen weekend warrior bike I would say either would be a great choice. But a bike that will see a lot of miles, I would probably go ZX10 just for the sake of cheaper maintenance and parts.
post #10 of 58 Old 11-03-2018, 04:44 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bun1t View Post
Yes they are more expensive. You either have to go to the dealer to reset the service light or buy a GS-911.

I heard from a reliable source that the current gen S1K's are going to have a lot of engine failures and the dealer is starting to see evidence of it.

I have an 13 S1K track bike and finding a ecu tuning solution is a pain in the ass. You either have to pay $800+ or risk frying your ecu trying to DIY.

If you were looking for a garage queen weekend warrior bike I would say either would be a great choice. But a bike that will see a lot of miles, I would probably go ZX10 just for the sake of cheaper maintenance and parts.
hahahahahahaha! Because $800 nowadays standard when it comes to ECU tuning is expensive? There is ton of aftermarket solutions out there. How many people ended up with lemons in their garage because Kawasaki can't honored their warranty? Current Gen will have a lof of engine failure? ahahha I love hearing legit evidences like that.
The bike is not event out yet! hahaahahah The current Gen are bulletproof AF and exciting to ride! Welcome to the real world!

“Ride like you are invisible.”

Last edited by badexample; 11-03-2018 at 04:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in