decisions, decisions.. 2019 zx10r or 2019 s1000rr - Page 5 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 58 Old 12-06-2018, 02:51 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I would go for the bmw, I know the tunning (Im a tuner myself) is a nightmare, and woolich has told me it has no plans to tune bmw, BUT the bike will retain value more than the new kawa...
since its another platform.

just for that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 58 Old 01-02-2019, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Picked up the 2019 zx10r today, along with a new helmet.
Had 0 miles on her.

rcannon and michael4012 like this.

2019 ZX10R
ASV Levers
Light Tech Chain Adjusters
Pilot Road 5 tires
SATO Racing:
Frame Sliders,
Swing Arm Spools
MRA Double Bubble Windscreen
post #43 of 58 Old 01-03-2019, 07:33 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

how do you know a 18 from a 19???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 58 Old 01-03-2019, 11:52 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp12 View Post
how do you know a 18 from a 19???
2019 Has black cases (as opposed to the metal/silver ones on a 18) - not sure if it is actually case saver a la GB Racing, a change in the metallurgy or simply new paint used on the covers. *Shrug*
2019 Has red accents in the KRT livery on the belly pan with red and black accents on the upper fairing
post #45 of 58 Old 01-03-2019, 02:07 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

That looks a lot better with paint on the engine I never was a fan of the unpainted look, what ever the reason was i hope it doesn't return.
post #46 of 58 Old 01-11-2019, 06:31 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
Ok so im about to recieve my new zx10rr 2018 from the deslership (one left fron last year) and im reading only shit about this bike, avery tracktest is the last one, guys who own it just has more drawbacks than good things about her, is fat, slow, underpowered, is the zx10 any good? I got mine for racing, i have been racing my zx6r and it was way faster than any other 600 and i was faster than many 1000 local racers, i hope i wont be disapointed from this bike, i mean, how a that bas bike can be the jbasis of the world champion? I know, heavy mods but come on! Csnt be thwt bad, and i just wanns say, a lot of people here is racing bmws and im not lying i have seen thwt the do have problems, maybe the best bike but not thst reliable, electronic problems and mecanical (engine, tranny) problems, anyway im sure is a great bike, what im not sure now is about the zx10 hahaha i got a ftecu ordered to free al horses to see if it can work for something
post #47 of 58 Old 01-11-2019, 07:46 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap.Walker View Post
Ok so im about to recieve my new zx10rr 2018 from the deslership (one left fron last year) and im reading only shit about this bike, avery tracktest is the last one, guys who own it just has more drawbacks than good things about her, is fat, slow, underpowered, is the zx10 any good? I got mine for racing, i have been racing my zx6r and it was way faster than any other 600 and i was faster than many 1000 local racers, i hope i wont be disapointed from this bike, i mean, how a that bas bike can be the jbasis of the world champion? I know, heavy mods but come on! Csnt be thwt bad, and i just wanns say, a lot of people here is racing bmws and im not lying i have seen thwt the do have problems, maybe the best bike but not thst reliable, electronic problems and mecanical (engine, tranny) problems, anyway im sure is a great bike, what im not sure now is about the zx10 hahaha i got a ftecu ordered to free al horses to see if it can work for something
The ZX10R is an amazing machine. Since 2011 the ZX10R has been an absolute monster in the hands of experienced riders. Watch this video intro discussing the legacy that is the Gen4/5 ZX10R...
The biggest set-back to these machines is the rider and probably some minor geometry restrictions. I increased my shock length a little and swapped out the suspension and the bike is a completely different animal (in a good way). To me, there's just more dynamics and communication with the road vs riding on stilts like I felt with the stock suspension.

When in doubt... send it!
post #48 of 58 Old 01-11-2019, 08:42 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Ok so im about to recieve my new zx10rr 2018 from the deslership (one left fron last year) and im reading only shit about this bike, avery tracktest is the last one, guys who own it just has more drawbacks than good things about her, is fat, slow, underpowered, is the zx10 any good? I got mine for racing, i have been racing my zx6r and it was way faster than any other 600 and i was faster than many 1000 local racers, i hope i wont be disapointed from this bike,
I dont see how 190 WHP could be slow or under powered. They only appear to be fat (which i actually like) there is a few guys on here running sub 400lbs street 4th gens. one to be exact is at 365
lbs with mirrors, lights, abs and horn. so with the added electronics and track trim its probably not going to weigh much more than your 600.
Good luck with the new bike.
ddipaola likes this.
post #49 of 58 Old 01-11-2019, 09:16 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
Looking the video, i need some positive comments about my new bike hahaha, thanks!
post #50 of 58 Old 01-11-2019, 09:40 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Looking the video, i need some positive comments about my new bike hahaha, thanks!
Yeah like Shawn says. The bike appears to be fatter than it actually is. My old Gen2 is the same way in appearance. sure it looks a lil fat and has a few more pounds than a Gen 1 but it's got plenty power for the street.

If you're racing your Gen5 I think you'll be happy just as most others are. I don't think you'll be disappointed and if so, let me know I'll take her off your hands for a ZX-10r.net member discount
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in