3Likes
  • 3 Post By PAB_

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 08-12-2019, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Chinese Fairing

Hi,

I have not seen a recent thread about chinese fairing so I decided to post my own experience.
I have a Gen1 and the OEM plastics started to crack everywhere due to UV exposure. I repaired them for as long as I could, but it was time for a new set.
I was a bit worry to order from China since you can find all sort of bad experience on the web about Chinese goods. My own experience with disk brake rotors was a disaster.
I decided to go with Monster Fairings (https://monsterfairings.com/) since I found some good reviews posted recently on youtube, and their website is decent.
I sent them pictures of a paint scheme close to that I wanted (MV Agusta F4RC) with a long list of details: the exact colors I wanted, the placement of the logo, the number... Communication was good and I received e-mail back within 24 hours (time zone) of all my inquiries.
The wait was a bit longer than what they suggested (70 days), but my patience was regarded. After I received the package it took me only 7 hours to remove and re-assemble the fairing. The panels fit EXACTLY (some have the OEM marking inside, so I suspect they have the original molds from Kawi). The paint job looks perfect to me: no running, no speck, no orange peal. They did exactly as I specified.
In few words I am extremely satisfied. If you consider changing your fairing, or just wanted to have a new color scheme, do not hesitate anymore, it is totally worth it.

PS: I am not paid by Monster Fairings, just a regular happy customer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190811_164524.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	423749   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190811_164319.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	423751   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190811_164404.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	423753  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 08-13-2019, 01:24 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Was it extra cost for custom colors?

2013 ABS, Bridgestone T30 Evo, Woolich, Danmoto shorty & link, Rifleman's 1/5th turn, K&N, GP shift, Gen5 shock/links/dogbone, geared (-1/+0), Shorai, EBC HH, AllBallz roller steering, Ohlins NIX30, Lightech adjusters. Bestem carbon. 50,000km+ and good so far.
post #3 of 10 Old 08-13-2019, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

$85 for the custom paint. 15% to to overall cost. Totally worth it to my opinion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 08-13-2019, 11:13 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Same colour scheme as the new Augusta? Very nice

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
post #5 of 10 Old 08-14-2019, 08:07 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Nice, I see they are a tad bit more expensive than some other places, looks to be worth it especially if all the holes line up correctly.
post #6 of 10 Old 08-14-2019, 10:35 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

It's nice to hear a good story coming from Chinese goods these days, overwhelmingly they have not been.

Color scheme looks sharp too!

Shut up and ride.

Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv
post #7 of 10 Old 08-14-2019, 10:56 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

My opinion on chinese goods is simply there are good firms and cheaper firms even in china there is expensive, its very much a lottery, but monster fairings look like a good firm
post #8 of 10 Old 08-14-2019, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Hi Ninjalife,

Yes indeed, all the holes lined perfectly. As I said, some of the panels have the original "made in Japan" marking inside. I did not have to drill any hole. Also there was included some pieces that I did not expect such as the rear seat cover "bumper" (92161A), the two metal brackets to attache it (27012, 11053), as well as both internal panels for the front fairing (55028G and 55028F).
post #9 of 10 Old 08-14-2019, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael4012 View Post
My opinion on chinese goods is simply there are good firms and cheaper firms even in china there is expensive, its very much a lottery, but monster fairings look like a good firm
True, that is the reason I posted my experience with Monster Fairings here.

I bought some chinese disk brake rotors a few months ago and that was catastrophic. Even after an exchange, they were so wrapped that they were unusable. I finally bough some use OEM instead. I also posted on the forum but I am not able to find my post back. I made a video where I measured the runout though (
)
post #10 of 10 Old 08-17-2019, 06:25 PM
The Pace

Posting Frequency

If you want very very few problems, simply pay a bit more and go OEM, especially with our bike. And remember one important item: skill level. And that changes over time. Last time bike was in shop for warranty valve whatever, service called and wanted to replace worn front pads with a list of whatever; I said ok, and go oem. And immediately loved those pads as stopping was LESS sharp.

Not pads but simply me; riders change and grow over time. And super bikes bring that out.

Last edited by scout; 08-17-2019 at 06:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in