Any Recommended Race Suits w/in Tall sizes or Longer Sleeves? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 02-24-2013, 08:10 AM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Any Recommended Race Suits w/in Tall sizes or Longer Sleeves?

Hello,

I'm 6'2" and about 195-200lbs...I've got monkey arms
Honestly, my sleeve length is 38".

Are there any manufacturers who make 1 pc race suits in tall sizes? Or, are known to have longer sleeve lengths?

Granted the gauntlet gloves will cover my arms up, but I'd like to find a suit that fits me properly (or best possible fit). There aren't a ton of stores around that have a big selection of suits, so I may end up purchasing from an online store.

THANKS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 02-24-2013, 08:22 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Custom fit one by lion heart Moto or hazardous racing. Lion Heart is the way to go. If you like them on Facebook you can get some deals.
post #3 of 12 Old 02-24-2013, 08:24 AM
Supercharged Mod

Posting Frequency

Talk to the local roadracing crowd and find out where they are getting their custom suits made.

I just picked up a made-to-measure kangaroo suit from Velocity Sportsgear, who are near Toronto. There are a few other local choices here, so there are probably local choices wherever you are, too.

Helibars, MRA screen, Ohlins damper, reversed shift pattern, sorted suspension, braided lines, Michelin Pilot Power, all else stock 'coz it's fast enough!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 02-24-2013, 08:31 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I'm 6'4", and I never really found anything that fit me well. In the past I have just got my suits altered to fit, choosing my size by the chest size. However, this year I'm having a suit tailored to fit by http://www.cometracingleathers.com/

I got to look at their work and worked with them on some improvements and it looks like a real good product now. I'm completely confident with wearing them on the track this year. I wish I had gone this route in the beginning rather than buying an almost fitting suit and dealing with the mobility problems of having areas not fit me well. It's distracting and in the end dangerous to have a poorly fit suit. Best to just get it right the first time.

If you check out Comet, tell them Colin sent you

Whatever route you go with, make sure it's really what you want and if you go with an off the rack suit, make sure their exchange policy allows for the exchange of sizes if it doesn't fit.

------------
WERA Expert #43
2012 WERA National Challenge Series Open Superstock Novice Champion
http://maps.wera.com/racers/racerpro...30532136163864

COMET RACING LEATHERS

2011 ZX-10R Race bike (Vortex, Silkolene, Leatt, Yoshimura, BRIDGESTONE)
2013 ZX-6R 636 Race bike
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100s
post #5 of 12 Old 02-24-2013, 09:47 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Pilot, Heroic...or if you have the bucks Vanson full custom made in USA.
post #6 of 12 Old 02-24-2013, 10:57 AM
The Pace

Posting Frequency

Very hard to get off the shelf suits to fit some. If the arms and legs long, off the shelf thinks ya weigh like 300 pounds so then you have a parachute. I just hated custom prices so kept looking and finally came close the the upper end joe rocket. Got one as tight as I thought I could fit into, and just barely could get out of it on my own, but then it finally did stretch, so now is great. But arms and legs are on the short side and the butt is still kinda baggy, but chest is ok. Gloves and boots cover great. I hate all the 'rocket' insignia, but after awhile I just don't remember nor care. If I recall I paid like 600 and it is built solid.
post #7 of 12 Old 02-24-2013, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

I was thinking of going cheap for the first time around.

I was looking at the BILT Trackstar 1 piece suit. They have it on sale for $300. I tried it on today, and it fit pretty good.

I did find a local store that had the speed & strength twist of fate 1 piece suit for $400, which I think is a great price.

I did try on a couple of Dainese jackets today and the sleeve length definitely felt longer than some other jackets. I hope that translates into their suits. I'll look into it....

THANKS
post #8 of 12 Old 02-24-2013, 10:13 PM
Supercharged Mod

Posting Frequency

Dunno how it is where you are, but where I'm from, $400 for a new set of one piece leathers is "too cheap to be good". Just sayin' ...

My Velocity kangaroo one-piece plus back protector plus gloves plus compression suit package deal was C$1500 and that was a promotional deal. The RS Taichi suit that this one is replacing (and which is about 6 years old) was around C$1000. Dainese tends to be a lot more, but you are paying for the name, which I won't do.

Helibars, MRA screen, Ohlins damper, reversed shift pattern, sorted suspension, braided lines, Michelin Pilot Power, all else stock 'coz it's fast enough!
post #9 of 12 Old 02-24-2013, 11:35 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I bought my agv Monza for 350.. cheapest suit I've owned and its treated me quite well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Motorcycle.com Free App

"mechanical engineers build weapons, civil engineers build targets"
post #10 of 12 Old 02-25-2013, 04:27 AM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Lots of custom places out there as mentioned. Pilot, Heroic, Syed, Zooni, the list goes on and on. Id give Mike at Riders discount a shout first. He may be able to recommend something for you. Cant say as I wouldnt do a custom though if money was no object.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in