Gen 4: 2011-2015 Agv vs shoei - Page 2 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 23 Old 11-02-2016, 08:15 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

in general shoei is better helmet, AGV has some things but in general I dont find them comfortable.

for me the best helmet right now is bell star pro. with this new internal lining, the quality is impressive, the technology is beyond all shoei and agv in terms of safety.
gonzosport9 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 Old 11-02-2016, 08:20 AM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by obijack View Post
All the Corsa's are the same except for graphics. Like i said above the AGV is better for aggressive riding and is lighter. It has more features for aggressive riding (rear spoiler, more upper visor view for the tucked position). I bought the AGV Corsa Rossi Sole Luna on sale for $589 on closeout. Retail was $999 lol. Shoei is much cheaper. If you don't do track days you will happy with the rf1200. Also look for the Shoei X12 as many of those are on closeout and they are more comparative to the Corsa.
oh wow that's a good deal. Did you get it at your local store or online? and currently I do not do track but I actually wanted to try it once to see how it is. I have a lot of people in my area and keep hearing them talk about it so I figure I give it a shot and see how I like it.
post #13 of 23 Old 11-02-2016, 08:23 AM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp12 View Post
in general shoei is better helmet, AGV has some things but in general I dont find them comfortable.

for me the best helmet right now is bell star pro. with this new internal lining, the quality is impressive, the technology is beyond all shoei and agv in terms of safety.
Really? I asked the guy at my local shop and he told me bell was not as good as shoei or agv that's why I never looked into that. okay will have to do more research on that as well. Thanks for the insight
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 23 Old 11-02-2016, 08:27 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Motorcycle Helmets - Men and Women's Motorcycle Helmet Brands - CompACC

Valentino Rossi helmets and Motorcycle Helmets, Clothing & Gear - Champion Helmets | Motorcycle Helmets, Clothing & Gear (From the UK but will save you money my buddy just got the Misano from them for $800 instead of $999).

Sport bike track gear:

Closeout Motorcycle Helmets

My buddy got a pista from sportbiketrackgear for $800 when they went on closeout (sticker price was $1300).

The best thing to do for an expensive helmet is find one on closeout (just make sure it is not old (most helmets have a "shelf life" of 5 years)). It may take some time to find your correct size though.
gonzosport9 likes this.

2016 Kawasaki ZX10R KRT ABS
2016 Suzuki GSX-S 1000 ABS
post #15 of 23 Old 11-02-2016, 08:33 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzosport9 View Post
Really? I asked the guy at my local shop and he told me bell was not as good as shoei or agv that's why I never looked into that. okay will have to do more research on that as well. Thanks for the insight
Bell agv shoei and Schuberth are all good IMO even the top end hjc are nice. It's more whether you're in full tuck most of time or commuting and how different manufacturers fit. I'm big on a quiet helmet and that's one of rf1200 pluses so I went with it.
gonzosport9 likes this.

More cowbell
post #16 of 23 Old 11-02-2016, 12:23 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Both are good options, it comes down to how it fits on your head and what type of riding you do. For the best deals on current and closeout model helmets you should probably call me or shoot me a PM.

Call TJ at 866-931-6644 ext 817. Our business hours are Monday-Friday 9:30AM-6PM EST. Visit our website at Riders Discount.

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube
post #17 of 23 Old 11-02-2016, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridersdiscount View Post
Both are good options, it comes down to how it fits on your head and what type of riding you do. For the best deals on current and closeout model helmets you should probably call me or shoot me a PM.
Ok great. So I got to go to the store and try on both. They both fit great on me and didn't feel one was better than the other. I did noticed though while walking around the store and hearing random people talking that it was harder to hear people talking with the rf1200 on compared to the agv helmet on. With the agv helmet on I was able to hear a lot more so im assuming that's why people say its a louder helmet. So I want to thank you and everyone else It looks like im going RF1200
ridersdiscount and obijack like this.
post #18 of 23 Old 11-02-2016, 02:52 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Bought this old model recently and I love it every way:
Shoei XR1100 Skeet TC4 with FREE UK Delivery

Gen4 race: high spec.
Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 2013: stock.
Kawasaki KX450F 2016: love it.
post #19 of 23 Old 11-02-2016, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos76 View Post
Bought this old model recently and I love it every way:
Shoei XR1100 Skeet TC4 with FREE UK Delivery
I was thinking to buy last year model but I changed my mine I rather have the most current version out. Thanks for the info though!
post #20 of 23 Old 11-02-2016, 03:35 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzosport9 View Post
Ok great. So I got to go to the store and try on both. They both fit great on me and didn't feel one was better than the other. I did noticed though while walking around the store and hearing random people talking that it was harder to hear people talking with the rf1200 on compared to the agv helmet on. With the agv helmet on I was able to hear a lot more so im assuming that's why people say its a louder helmet. So I want to thank you and everyone else It looks like im going RF1200
Sweet. You will love it. Now that you know your size, hit up Mike @ridersdiscount; for the best prices. Mike even had some photochromic lens for them recently! I came very close to buying one, wish I had.
ridersdiscount likes this.

2016 Kawasaki ZX10R KRT ABS
2016 Suzuki GSX-S 1000 ABS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in