Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

08 ZX10 1/4 mile english town NJ on Saturday

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Tommylocks 
#1 · (Edited)
I want to run my stock 08 zx10 at Englishtown on Saturday.

Can I just show up and run my bike?

Someone please let me know if I can do that and what do I need in terms of gear. I have leather Dianese Jacket with dianese insert back protector, Dianese hellfire gloves with gauntlet (sp) Dianese boots, first gear pants leather on knees and hip area.

I would not get down there until 2 or 3 pm.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Well where I usually go, all they want is: motorcycle helmet dot approved, gloves, enclosed foot-ware (ie no sandals), and pants. Those are their exact words. lol

There are guys that show up on big bikes, 1000cc sport bikes, ZX-14's, Hayabusa's, with jeans, running shoes, half helmets, sunglasses, a pair of 'Mechanix' brand gloves or cotton gloves.

On the other hand, another track I've been to requires everything, Full leather suit one or two piece. If two piece, it has to have a full circumference zipper attaching the coat to the pants, gauntlet leather gloves, leather boots that cover the ankles, and a snell approved helmet. They also ask for a tether cord if you run in their series, if you're just for test n tune, they'll let this one go.

I wear my full leathers, full faced snell helmet, motorcycle boots that cover most of my shin, and full gauntlet armored gloves where ever i race. Some guys look at me like I have two heads, but if I got down on a run for some reason, I'll at least have a better chance then they will at walking away, or avoiding skin grafts.

My advice is to get their number and give them a call to find out exactly what they require you to have on to make a pass. Someone could say something but forget an everyday simple thing, and if you don't have it your s.o.l.

#4 ·
Thanks all... I am going to call them.

For kicks i'd like to run an S1000RR if anyone wantes to arrange a race.

I'm no experienced 1/4 mile guy and I have never run my bike on the track but I would answer the call of a heads up race on the track against any other bike stock or modded.

Word:mrgreen:

#6 · (Edited)
There are two tracks here where I live. A hillbilly track and a professional track. I prefer the hillbilly "Tri-State" just because you get more runs in and its cheaper. They dont really care what you have on. It states on their site that you must have everything but they really dont care. Hell I ran my buddies supercharged G35 there this year in flip-flops, Shorts, sleeveless shirt with the window half down, no helmet or anything lol.

Now the other track "Edgewater" you MUST have: Full face helmet, Leather Jacket, Leather Pants, Boots, Gloves, and kill switch to be able to run. So be on the safe side and get all that lol

#7 ·
Too bad I didn't read the thread earlier, I live 10 minutes from the track. Anyway, did you go? What did you end up running? Last time I checked they required a cut off switch which can be corded to your suit or jacket in the case that someone goes down but they were always cool with letting people slide with that.

#9 ·
I went to the site they had some NHRA race this weekend. Only time available is during the week like a wednesday. It's called grudge match with no times recorded:dontknow:

One the guys on the board from Ri came down to my house couple years ago to ride into NYC. He races up in Ri I am going to try and connect with him.

Oh well...

#8 ·
Most likely you will have to hook a kill switch up, incase you lose control an fall off the bike. Go to their website, or check out the drag racing section on this forum. Those guys should be able to tell you everything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.