5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 07-24-2018, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Posting Frequency

Garage
Haslam makes shock switch to Kawasaki Racing Team

British star set to partner Rea in 2019

Kawasaki Racing Team WorldSBK have announced today that they will be joining forces with Leon Haslam for 2019, as the British rider prepares to partner reigning world champion Jonathan Rea into the new season...

WorldSBK
badexample likes this.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
--Dr. Seuss
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 07-24-2018, 07:30 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Sweet! I was hoping Haslam could make his way back to WSBK. He's an awesome rider and clearly very good on a Ninja. Bummed about Sykes leaving but Haslam might do much better.

2013 ABS, Bridgestone T30 Evo, Woolich, Danmoto shorty & link, Rifleman's 1/5th turn, K&N, GP shift, Gen5 shock/links/dogbone, geared (-1/+0), Shorai, EBC HH, AllBallz roller steering, Ohlins NIX30, Lightech adjusters. Bestem carbon. 50,000km+ and good so far.
post #3 of 11 Old 07-24-2018, 08:49 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Shock switch? I don’t know about that. I hope he does well though and can give JR a run for the money though. The series needs it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 07-25-2018, 09:18 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennice View Post
Shock switch? I don’t know about that. I hope he does well though and can give JR a run for the money though. The series needs it.
Agree, was just quoting WorldSBK site. Not sure why they titled it like that since it's been all but confirmed all along.

I'm a fan of Haslam's, but I have a feeling he'll be a "top 10" rider next year.

I think this might be the last year that KRT dominates the way they have been in recent years. I think Yamaha might be favorites for the title in '19 if they finish this year strong. But then again, for the past few years I've thought that Davies would be closer than he has been so
bennice likes this.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
--Dr. Seuss
post #5 of 11 Old 07-25-2018, 02:14 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSR50 View Post

British star set to partner Rea in 2019

Kawasaki Racing Team WorldSBK have announced today that they will be joining forces with Leon Haslam for 2019, as the British rider prepares to partner reigning world champion Jonathan Rea into the new season...

WorldSBK

Going to be an interesting year with the rumours of a brand new bike for Kawasaki. Haslam is a cool cat but he needs to cut down on the leg dangling moves. What up with Picasso on the left.??? ahah

“Ride like you are invisible.”

Last edited by badexample; 07-25-2018 at 02:17 PM.
post #6 of 11 Old 07-25-2018, 05:18 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Agree, was just quoting WorldSBK site. Not sure why they titled it like that since it's been all but confirmed all along.

I'm a fan of Haslam's, but I have a feeling he'll be a "top 10" rider next year.

I think this might be the last year that KRT dominates the way they have been in recent years. I think Yamaha might be favorites for the title in '19 if they finish this year strong. But then again, for the past few years I've thought that Davies would be closer than he has been so

Well, we know from past eras, WSBK tends to penalize the manufacturer who has the most success until they’ve made them largely uncompetitive. We’ve seen it in the past 10 years with Ducati, then Aprilia, and now Kawasaki. Maybe they’ll force JR and Haslam to ride a 600 and everyone else will still race 1000’s.

Davies has wrung out all he could from the twitchy Panagale. Melandri’s performance has proven that they’ve run out of potential, and the only way they’ll challenge is if JR crashes, or if they only race at Donnington or Thailand every week.

evilaugust likes this.
post #7 of 11 Old 07-25-2018, 08:11 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
What'll happen when Davies is riding a V4 Panigale? Yikes! He could dominate...
michael4012 likes this.

2013 ABS, Bridgestone T30 Evo, Woolich, Danmoto shorty & link, Rifleman's 1/5th turn, K&N, GP shift, Gen5 shock/links/dogbone, geared (-1/+0), Shorai, EBC HH, AllBallz roller steering, Ohlins NIX30, Lightech adjusters. Bestem carbon. 50,000km+ and good so far.
post #8 of 11 Old 07-25-2018, 11:06 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschenut View Post
What'll happen when Davies is riding a V4 Panigale? Yikes! He could dominate...
when Davies is riding a V4 Panigale......it'll break down.......
post #9 of 11 Old 07-26-2018, 03:42 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

We need to some change before the V4 Panigale is coming to WSBK. Coz its 1103cc, unlike 999 which the current ruleset states for a 4cyl

Im sure Dorna will come up with a plan to make it race

then for fun I drive a british racing green MINI Cooper S
post #10 of 11 Old 07-26-2018, 06:54 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogotta B. Biking View Post
We need to some change before the V4 Panigale is coming to WSBK. Coz its 1103cc, unlike 999 which the current ruleset states for a 4cyl

Im sure Dorna will come up with a plan to make it race

The street version of the V4 won’t be racing in WSBK. They will supply a homologated version that is 1000cc. Same as they did with the old machine.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in