Workplace farting... - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 09-03-2007, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Workplace farting...

Workplace Farting
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whether the cause is a previous night of drinking or a big lunch, the outcome is the same: Farts.

70% of the time, we can dispense freely. The other 30% of the time, such as at work, we have some tough decisions to make. This document is intended to help you in those decisions.

Holders: The obvious choice is just plain holding it in. A popular choice among the females and an almost impossible choice for males. I am not in favor of holding, as I believe the medical community has not done enough research about the long-term damage of holding. Really, where does it go if you hold it in? So be forewarned, this tactic is to be used at your own risk.

Desk Jockey: When deciding to release right at your desk, one has many factors to consider:

Do you have your own office? Feel free to fart at will, risk free. After commencing, I highly recommend locking the door and feigning you are not in the office to avoid any unwanted visitors. I also highly recommend against spraying air freshener, as the smell of the freshener is a dead giveaway. Candles are a good alternative solution for the females.

Are you seated at a cubicle or open desk? If so, one has to consider the proximity of the other workers and the density of workers in the area. If it is just you and one other person in the area, there is nowhere to place the blame. If others are fairly distant to you, the smell will dissipate by the time it reaches the others on all but the most egregious of days. There is always the chance of dispensing at higher decibels than anticipated due to the highly unstable nature of farts. In these most unfortunate situations, you will have to use cover-up sounds such as scraping your heel on the floor. I recommend practicing making sounds covering a wide range of tones and pitches in anticipation of such an event. Dropping objects such as staplers, binders and tape may not produce a similar sound, but if done in rapid succession could distract others from the initial event.

Meetings: Sometimes the urge strikes at the most inopportune time. Meetings and gas really do not mix. Releasing at a meeting is by far the trickiest of all the situations one could find oneself in. Although I am against holding in general, a meeting may be the time for it. It really depends if you have established baseline farts before the meeting. This will give you a sense of the decibel and scent level of what is to be expected. Warning: Do not ever use a meeting as the place to establish a baseline. Of course none of the above applies if you are meeting with vendors. You have free reign to do whatever you like.

Aisle Walker: Releasing while walking around the office is a popular option. By the time the scent disseminates, you should be nowhere near the scene of the incident. The added benefit is that if the release is done at higher decibels than anticipated, you can break out into an all-out sprint thereby fleeing the scene before others even look up to notice.

Broom Closet: One option is to find a broom closet and release inside the closet. The only drawback is explaining why you were in the broom closet if you are caught entering or leaving the closet. Stashing stationery supplies in the closet provides a nice excuse. People will love you for informing them about the backup stationery supply cabinet. Of course, you then have to find another closet, as your original place will become too risky.

And remember, if your workplace has many open flames, you are on your own.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 09-03-2007, 04:24 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Good One
post #3 of 12 Old 09-04-2007, 11:42 PM
Ex Postwhore

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to 9520G
Good one!

"Never trade the thrill of living, for the security of existence"
post #4 of 12 Old 09-05-2007, 06:54 AM
talker of shite

Posting Frequency

Has anyone seen my marbles ?
post #5 of 12 Old 09-05-2007, 07:56 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to XXBirdman
i personally live by ...... where ever you be let your wind go free

I RAN INTO AN ALL RETARDED STREET GANG, THEY WOULD HAVE KICKED MY ARSE IF THAT ICE CREAM VAN DIDNT TURN UP WHEN IT DID

www.myspace.com/cbrxxbirdman

www.nswroadandtrackbikes.com
post #6 of 12 Old 09-05-2007, 08:19 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I'm with xxbirdman
post #7 of 12 Old 09-05-2007, 08:36 AM
Hillbillie Mod

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to hillcountry10r
lol

For every species of beasts and birds, of reptiles and creatures of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by the human race. But no one can tame the tongue; it is a restless evil full of deadly poison.
James 3:7,8

post #8 of 12 Old 09-05-2007, 08:41 AM

Posting Frequency

post #9 of 12 Old 09-07-2007, 12:18 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Life is too short injoy it!
post #10 of 12 Old 09-07-2007, 12:23 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Shouldnt this be posted in the Performance and Tech forum?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in