For the engineers... - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 05-22-2008, 01:39 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 393
Posting Frequency
  
For the engineers...

Understanding Engineers - Take One:

Two engineering students were walking across a university campus when one said, "Where did you get such a great bike?"
The second engineer replied, "Well, I was walking along yesterday, minding my own business, when a beautiful woman rode up on this bike,

threw it to the ground, took off all her clothes and said, "Take what you want."
The second engineer nodded approvingly and said, "Good choice; the clothes probably wouldn't have fit you anyway."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Understanding Engineers - Take Two:


To the optimist, the glass is half full.
To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.
To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------
Understanding Engineers - Take Three:

A priest, a doctor, and an engineer were waiting one morning for a particularly slow group of golfers.
The engineer fumed, "What's with those guys? We must have been waiting for fifteen minutes!"
The doctor chimed in, "I don't know, but I've never seen such inept golf!"
The priest said, "Here comes the greens keeper. Let's have a word with him."
He said, "Hello, George! What's wrong with that group ahead of us? They're rather slow, aren't they?"
The greens keeper replied, "Oh, yes. That's a group of blind fire fighters.
They lost their sight saving our clubhouse from a fire last year, so we always let them play for free anytime."

The group fell silent.
The priest said, "That's so sad. I think I will say a special prayer for them tonight."
The doctor said, "Good idea. I'm going to contact my ophthalmologist colleague and see if there's anything he can do for them."
The engineer said, "Why can't they play at night?"
------------ --------- --- ------ --------- --------- --------- ---------
Understanding Engineers - Take Four:

What is the difference between mechanical engineers and civil engineers?
Mechanical engineers build weapons and civil engineers build targets.
------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------
Understanding Engineers - Take Five:

The graduate with a science degree asks, "Why does it work?"
The graduate with an engineering degree asks, "How does it work?"
The graduate with an accounting degree asks, "How much will it cost?"
The graduate with an arts degree asks, "Do you want fries with that?"
------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------
Understanding Engineers - Take Six:

Three engineering students were gathered together discussing the possible designers of the human body.

One said, "It was a mechanical engineer. Just look at all the joints."

Another said, "No, it was an electrical engineer. The nervous system has many thousands of electrical connections."
The last one said, "No, actually it had to have been a civil engineer. Who else would run a toxic waste pipeline through a recreational area?"
------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------
Understanding Engineers - Take Seven:

Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------
Understanding Engineers - Take Eight:

An engineer was crossing a road one day, when a frog called out to him and said, "If you kiss me, I'll turn into a beautiful princess."
He bent over, picked up the frog and put it in his pocket.
The frog spoke up again and said, "If you kiss me and turn me back into a beautiful princess, I will stay with you for one week."
The engineer took the frog out of his pocket, smiled at it and returned it to the pocket
The frog then cried out, "If you kiss me and turn me back into a Princess, I'll stay with you for one week and do ANYTHING you want."
Again, the engineer took the frog out, smiled at it and put it back into his pocket.
Finally, the frog asked, "What is the matter? I've told you I'm a beautiful princess and that I'll stay with you for one week and do
anything you want. Why won't you kiss me?"
The engineer said, "Look, I'm an engineer. I don 't have time for a girlfriend, but a talking frog, now that's cool."


This is something that has made my night, I have the mind of an engineer and the personality of a salesman. I cant stand the people I meet in business classes, yet the actual act of sitting on my ass all day w/o people to interact w/ doesn't fly.
imbob05 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 Old 05-22-2008, 01:53 AM
GP Star
 
silversv1k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Canton, OH
Posts: 2,524
Posting Frequency
Images: 44
          

silversv1k is offline  
post #3 of 12 Old 05-22-2008, 02:01 AM
Champion Rider
 
grn08's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: S.W. iowa
Posts: 322
Posting Frequency
 
grn08 is offline  
post #4 of 12 Old 05-22-2008, 02:10 AM
WSB Rider
 
JUPJON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Fargo, ND (only about 6 month riding season unfortunatly)
Posts: 719
Posting Frequency
Images: 15
    
I laugh and swear at engineers every day when I am at work fixing cars and trucks!

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home.
JUPJON is offline  
post #5 of 12 Old 05-22-2008, 02:18 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 393
Posting Frequency
  
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPJON View Post
I laugh and swear at engineers every day when I am at work fixing cars and trucks!
You work on Fords a lot? lol (i kid, i kid.. cheap shot)
imbob05 is offline  
post #6 of 12 Old 05-22-2008, 02:24 AM
WSB Rider
 
FuTAnT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Brisvegas, Oz
Posts: 614
Posting Frequency
Images: 7
  
What can I say, it's an interesting field (engineering). I love all the engineering jokes, mostly 'cause they're true.

The dilbert one is a cracker ...

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein

'85 GSX250S -> '96 ZX6R -> '98 ZX6R -> '00 ZX6R -> '03 CBR954RR -> '04 ZX10R -> '02 ZZR250 -> '06 ZX10R -> '08 KTM 990 ADV
FuTAnT is offline  
post #7 of 12 Old 05-22-2008, 02:30 AM
WSB Rider
 
JUPJON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Fargo, ND (only about 6 month riding season unfortunatly)
Posts: 719
Posting Frequency
Images: 15
    
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbob05 View Post
You work on Fords a lot? lol (i kid, i kid.. cheap shot)
It pays the bills, job security!

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home.
JUPJON is offline  
post #8 of 12 Old 11-05-2008, 12:22 PM
Post Whore
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,532
Posting Frequency
Images: 8
           
Nick.INF is offline  
post #9 of 12 Old 11-05-2008, 12:55 PM
Hillbillie Mod
 
hillcountry10r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 20,155
Posting Frequency
Images: 31
           
Send a message via Yahoo to hillcountry10r
its funny cause its true.

my wife (graphic designer) didnt' take to kindly to the "you want fries with that" part thoug.




For every species of beasts and birds, of reptiles and creatures of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by the human race. But no one can tame the tongue; it is a restless evil full of deadly poison.
James 3:7,8

hillcountry10r is offline  
post #10 of 12 Old 11-05-2008, 12:58 PM
Hillbillie Mod
 
hillcountry10r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 20,155
Posting Frequency
Images: 31
           
Send a message via Yahoo to hillcountry10r
Q: How do you drive an engineer completely insane?








A: Tie him to a chair, stand in front of him, and fold up a road map the wrong way.




For every species of beasts and birds, of reptiles and creatures of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by the human race. But no one can tame the tongue; it is a restless evil full of deadly poison.
James 3:7,8

hillcountry10r is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kawasaki Engineers FAF Pictures and Videos 8 09-22-2006 08:53 PM
Widespread Crack Use Reported Among Zx-10r Engineers redelk The ZX-10R 10 03-02-2005 08:08 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome