Yellow Belly Drag Strip, Grand Prairie Texas - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 08-24-2013, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
Grease Monkey Bandit

Posting Frequency

Garage
Lightbulb Yellow Belly Drag Strip, Grand Prairie Texas

I'm down here in Texas for the month and just drove past this place yesterday. I've been hearing some racing the last couple weekends over there.

Anyone on here in the Dallas FTW area and ever checked this place out?? Thinking about heading over there later and seeing what it's all about.

http://www.yellobellydragstrip.net/

Edit: I guess website says Sundays open at 2pm weather permitting.. website appears pretty outdated, I'll call and see what their hours is.

Last edited by AirborneMechanic; 08-24-2013 at 10:51 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 08-25-2013, 11:28 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

that place is junk and no good, go to Denton (northstar drag way) or kennadale (texas raceway) went there once and saw that they let guys race their bike in house shoes and shorts nope track is junk i wont ever come back.

MVP BIKES
2006 ninja 636......60", nos, tune, bolt on's
2005 ninja zx10r..... The Rescue Bike.....69", geared, nos, bolt on's, stock motor for now
With racing and life there are challenges with a lot to still learn and but i'm getting there....[/B]
post #3 of 15 Old 08-25-2013, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
Grease Monkey Bandit

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinesupra View Post
that place is junk and no good, go to Denton (northstar drag way) or kennadale (texas raceway) went there once and saw that they let guys race their bike in house shoes and shorts nope track is junk i wont ever come back.
Thanks for the info, I'll do some research on those places and check it out.

"Homewrecker" Gen3 custom build by ZX-SIK-R in progress.... check the build thread: https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/f28/airb...ad-140226.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 08-25-2013, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
Grease Monkey Bandit

Posting Frequency

Garage
Hmm, well I'm not drivin and this dude didn't wanna drive too far so we ended up coming to yellow belly. Hmm, this place is a dump... feel like I shoulda brought my glock as well, shit. If you guys don't hear from me again someone build my bike til it runs at least 8's for me. Hit my wife up on some money from my life ins policy.

"Homewrecker" Gen3 custom build by ZX-SIK-R in progress.... check the build thread: https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/f28/airb...ad-140226.html
post #5 of 15 Old 08-25-2013, 05:46 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirborneMechanic View Post
Hmm, well I'm not drivin and this dude didn't wanna drive too far so we ended up coming to yellow belly. Hmm, this place is a dump... feel like I shoulda brought my glock as well, shit. If you guys don't hear from me again someone build my bike til it runs at least 8's for me. Hit my wife up on some money from my life ins policy.
leave your wife's phone number or something
post #6 of 15 Old 08-25-2013, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
Grease Monkey Bandit

Posting Frequency

Garage
The most unorganized shitshow I've ever been to.

post #7 of 15 Old 08-25-2013, 08:23 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

did you make any passes?
post #8 of 15 Old 08-25-2013, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
Grease Monkey Bandit

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundercoupe9 View Post
did you make any passes?
Yeah, just as I was leavin on the way out the gate, tryin to keep my white ass from gettin shot at.

That place is a fn joke. Every other vehicle broke down at the tree, management doesn't keep people off the track no one tech's anyone in and I'm not kidding when I say there was 20-30 people just standing out on the track and dudes runnin in gym shorts and tank tops. There was an average of about 7-10 minutes between passes and I might add not a single hottie to look at.

Gonna check something else out next weekend.

post #9 of 15 Old 08-26-2013, 11:09 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

I warned ya that place is a shit hole I rly don't even know how they are open still I pretty much stick to Denton especially since I'm only 15 min away

MVP BIKES
2006 ninja 636......60", nos, tune, bolt on's
2005 ninja zx10r..... The Rescue Bike.....69", geared, nos, bolt on's, stock motor for now
With racing and life there are challenges with a lot to still learn and but i'm getting there....[/B]
post #10 of 15 Old 08-26-2013, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
Grease Monkey Bandit

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinesupra View Post
I warned ya that place is a shit hole I rly don't even know how they are open still I pretty much stick to Denton especially since I'm only 15 min away
Pretty sad actually, I called to ask them about their events, classes, hours and etc. No one answered so I left a message. I received a call back directly from the owner "Pat" a little old lady that seemed very nice. I told her I was down here for military training and would love to come check her place out. She was excited and told me to ask for her when we showed up. When we showed up I asked for her and out comes this little old lady, she gave us passes to get in and shortly after I was overwhelmed by the way the place was ran. Should have taken your advice but I'm that guy that has to go do everything wrong on my own before I learn something I guess.

Looks like a decent 1/8th, just needs a little better maintenance and all the current staff needs fired and new management needs to take over. Also it appears that they need to bump up their already present armed security a bit as I heard from a couple patrons that people have been shot there from issues resulting from gambling, gang affiliation and etc.

I'm hoping to check out a different track that you mentioned and hit up the Gas Monkey Garage Restaraunt while I'm down here.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in