Gen 3: 2008-2010 Would I Gain anything from a exhaust change? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 08-05-2011, 03:08 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Would I Gain anything from a exhaust change?

ok so currently on my 09, it has a jardine gp1 slip on and link pipe. i like the sound being deep, its a little loud for me but i have gotten used to it. the bike seems to run very well with it, but seems like it doesnt have much low end below 8000 rpms. i plan on getting the ecu flashed and prob gonna ditch my pc3, so i was wondering whats the best style exhaust for racing? i plan to lower and stretch the bike in the next few weeks. i hear if i put a normal exhaust on i will gain low end but lose top end. any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 08-05-2011, 08:13 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Put a brocks AlienHead on it and call it a day. Once you lower and stretch it the bike won't see below 8,000 rpms at the track anyway.

Sponsored by:
Vaughan Racing
Synthetic Shield
Moline Bar
post #3 of 19 Old 08-05-2011, 08:56 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

brocks pipes are built for hp and his maps are highly developed and researched, you also get a better tune with his pipe than the average tuner will produce. do a search, there are also other things to strengthen the midrange on gen. 3 10's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 Old 08-12-2011, 01:48 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

well the stretch and gearing is getting ordered in 2 weeks, just ordered my strap for it, but for a tune, i plan to get the ecu reflashed, i also cant figure out how to download a map. when i plug my pc3 into my computer i dont get any pop ups, and i have tried to download every thing on the site, i am using a mac, and dont understand it.
post #5 of 19 Old 08-12-2011, 02:09 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Is the PC powered on and do u have the software off the Dynojet website?

Carbon Akrapovic slip-on w/link pipe
Gutted headers
6000k HID's
PC V

post #6 of 19 Old 08-12-2011, 02:12 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

ya i will turn the bike on, and i try to download the software but i cant get it to open on this damn mac. i dont think its downloading right. i want to mess with my map on this bike.
post #7 of 19 Old 08-12-2011, 03:07 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Yeah sorry man, can't help u much with the pos Mac stuff. Stoped buying that shit after running into problems such as this. Hope u figure it out

Carbon Akrapovic slip-on w/link pipe
Gutted headers
6000k HID's
PC V

post #8 of 19 Old 04-13-2012, 11:57 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow10r View Post
ya i will turn the bike on, and i try to download the software but i cant get it to open on this damn mac. i dont think its downloading right. i want to mess with my map on this bike.
Running Windows software on a mac is a PITA. Best bet is to do a dual boot or get a program like "parallels" that allows you top run windows in a second window.
post #9 of 19 Old 04-14-2012, 05:53 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to Kawawog
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiezx10r View Post
Running Windows software on a mac is a PITA. Best bet is to do a dual boot or get a program like "parallels" that allows you top run windows in a second window.
This is the actual reason why I didnt go a Mac when buying a laptop considering that 70% of its use was for PCV tuning/updating etc..
post #10 of 19 Old 04-14-2012, 06:13 AM
Boomer Sooner!

Posting Frequency

I have a MacBook pro and have no problems with the dynojet software. And I guarentee that my Mac will out perform almost anyone one here's laptop. If you need help anything Mac related let me know and I'm more than happy to help. Dyno jets software is a pc only application, so I use parrallels which I downloaded for free, and installed windows free. I can send you links, or heck even set it up for you by remotely controlling your mac through iChat. Would love to see someone do that with their pc... anyways let me know if you need some help. But the program will not run on Mac os. I'm a huge apple nerd so any apple products you need help with (minus the apple tv, I haven't gotten one.... YET) just send me a message and I am more than happy to help you out and show you how much better macs are than pc's.

Boomer Sooner!!!

Last edited by Bpcullen; 04-14-2012 at 06:30 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in