Gen 4: 2011-2015 What 1/4 Mile Times Are You Clocking!!? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 07-21-2011, 05:03 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Question What 1/4 Mile Times Are You Clocking!!?

Alright, lets see what kind of times these beasts are running on the 1/4 mile. Please post location, race track, mods, and pic or vids. Time slips as well if possible
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 07-21-2011, 05:14 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

BTW I just saw Rickey Gadson time slips 8.60's
post #3 of 20 Old 07-23-2011, 09:21 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Was at mirock bike festival today dj from Berlin md was riding a Gen 4 and a BMW he whet 8.94 at 153 with only a swing arm PVC tune and quick shifter no flash with secondary butterflies removed oh and it was Hot as hell 98 degrees he also was going high 8.90's on the BMW but he also told me he's been riding the BMW for a yr but just 3 weeks on the 10r wow Gen 4's are 8 second bikes with only a tune. Strong as death.All hail zx-10r.

06 zx-10r MPS nos kit (40 dry)NOS mini controller , Brocks ex (Full undertail system) Piper cross (Air filter) PowerCommander 111 HUB and Quickshifter Carrozzeria v-star rims(HPC map and tune) 2011 zx-10r Austin vr 250 mm pipe, Guhl reflash, bazzaz self map w/ quick shifter, Bmc carbon race filter,attack rear sets,driven sprockets -1/+1 OZ racing wheels. Special Thx GUHL MOTORS,HOUSE OF SPEED 2011 lexus is-f
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 07-23-2011, 09:26 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Yeah he was extended 3 inches gotta keep it real.

06 zx-10r MPS nos kit (40 dry)NOS mini controller , Brocks ex (Full undertail system) Piper cross (Air filter) PowerCommander 111 HUB and Quickshifter Carrozzeria v-star rims(HPC map and tune) 2011 zx-10r Austin vr 250 mm pipe, Guhl reflash, bazzaz self map w/ quick shifter, Bmc carbon race filter,attack rear sets,driven sprockets -1/+1 OZ racing wheels. Special Thx GUHL MOTORS,HOUSE OF SPEED 2011 lexus is-f
post #5 of 20 Old 07-29-2011, 04:21 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Local track, 10.5 at 144mph with massive wheelstanding. Wheelie control my ass. And that was in first second and third. (-1 +1 Sprockets) Then the track got to much dew on it and was trying to wheel spin the Traction control working most of the track. Gotta lower this bitch before next race.
post #6 of 20 Old 07-31-2011, 06:52 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Took the new Gen 4 to track today and went [email protected] with a 1.5880 60'. Bike is lowered,swb,brocks shortmeg slip on,streetmap,stock lenght chain,no ballast,2 down up front,2 up on rear, 89 pump fuel, and ecu flashed by Don Guhl. 90 + degrees. Felt like clutch started slipping on last pass. Bike was trapping 149 pretty much all day until last pass. I weigh 181lbs suited. The bike is def making power!
post #7 of 20 Old 07-31-2011, 07:43 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfast View Post
Took the new Gen 4 to track today and went [email protected] with a 1.5880 60'. Bike is lowered,swb,brocks shortmeg slip on,streetmap,stock lenght chain,no ballast,2 down up front,2 up on rear, 89 pump fuel, and ecu flashed by Don Guhl. 90 + degrees. Felt like clutch started slipping on last pass. Bike was trapping 149 pretty much all day until last pass. I weigh 181lbs suited. The bike is def making power!
NICE! Ill be taking mine to the strip next weekend hopefully and see what kind of time i can pull from running a M4 slip on and PCV. Will be flashing the ECU next week and hope to see some major improvements
post #8 of 20 Old 07-31-2011, 08:06 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
PCV on it also
post #9 of 20 Old 07-31-2011, 08:16 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

My best was at LACR before they closed for good...

10.32 don't remember the MPH. No strap or setup.

My main problem was the front just wants to climb and the strip officials frown on that and will kick you out.

My funnest run was in retrospect a very bad idea, Old chevy(57) drag car with the works. I was waiting on the line when he lit it up to get his tires warmed up. My god it was a huge cloud and my body trembled...

He glanced over at me when he lined up and just had this sinister look on his face. This was the first car I had ever lined up against and did'nt really think about how dangerous this was...

Green means go apparently, I launched pretty good and started running through the gears he was way ahead. I passed him no more than a foot before the finish(I did not realize that at the time) I was going so much faster than him at that point, he must have been thinking WTF was that?

I had to take the second turnoff(missed the first one) and cruised back to the the timing booth. He waited at the first turn off for me to cruise by(I think he just wanted to get a good look at my machine)

I thought he had won until I grabbed my timing ticket and saw "WON" our times were within a tenth of a second.

As I cruised by the spectater stands everyone was standing and cheering. I guess they laughed as I did when he took off, then were shocked as I passed him with less than a second to spare. There is no way they could see the line, but I am sure when The announcer said Kawi in lane 2 won, there jaws dropped.

True story Bra...

I have never raced a car since on the strip...for safety reasons.

Last edited by KaTooM; 07-31-2011 at 08:29 PM.
post #10 of 20 Old 07-31-2011, 08:47 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
How are you keeping a stock wheelbase bike on the ground with -2 +2

Sponsored by:
Vaughan Racing
Synthetic Shield
Moline Bar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in