very dissapointed with my 10r this year... - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 06-30-2009, 12:17 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

very dissapointed with my 10r this year...

ok so i just got back from my weekend at the strip and this was my first time since all the upgrades(check signature) and im thinking about going back to stock gearing cause i could not keep the front end down at all every time i accelerate it would pull the front tire up through all six gears my best time was an [email protected] with a 1.919 60' and last year i was pulln [email protected] with 1.6 60'

I mean the bike is insainly fast on the street and have beat every bike I've raced from a 30mph roll with all thats done too it!

But ive been doing alot of thinking and think im going to build a full blown drag bike to get my kicks and keep my ten for the street and road course's!

08 zx-10r--Street--MGP exhaust, BMC race, nuff said
06 CBR600rr--track--Full Hindle Titanium, full Ohilns suspension
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 06-30-2009, 12:28 AM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

I think if I am reading right you answered your own question...I can't keep the front end down and then you wonder why you can't get better times.

if you can't handle that gearing then it is probably wrong for your style and expertise right now, as long as you get strapped and lowered then practice there even if stock gearing to get the best time but to go aggressive gearing and wondering why you go slower then it makes no sense because it says you don't know how to launch with that gearing period...good luck on the drag bike you won't have to worry about wheelies as much wink:
post #3 of 20 Old 06-30-2009, 12:34 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

so you went up 5 teeth basically, and you wonder why you can't keep the front down?

Use the rear brake............

2008 ZX-10R - Candy Plasma Blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 06-30-2009, 12:49 AM
Dont mess wit White Ninja

Posting Frequency

5 teeth your crazy...It says he went -1,+2 meaing from stock settings he went from a 17 tooth sprocket in the front to 16 and went from a 41 tooth sprocket in the rear to a 43, basically lost a little up top to gain a little down low, wanted more mid-range and acceleration from down low. Thats what he ment, def not anything to do with 5 teeth, heck he would be stunting wheelies haha

So you know stock settings on a 08-09 zx10r is 17/41 from the factory so you know from now on

post #5 of 20 Old 06-30-2009, 12:53 AM
La Flama Blanca

Posting Frequency

Actually, they say, going down 1T in front is like going up three in back so if he went down 1t in front and up 2t in rear that would basically be like going up 5 in back.

"Now, I am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"
post #6 of 20 Old 06-30-2009, 12:56 AM
Dont mess wit White Ninja

Posting Frequency

I can agree with that but in the same sense its not the same as doing it though. Trust me on that, I have a bike in the house right now just for stunting and my sprocket on that is 5-6 up in the rear and 5-6 dropped up front and its a torque machine. If you dont know how to ride it, it will pull right over on you. But what ever he kind answered his own question in this thread lol

Last edited by abzx10r; 06-30-2009 at 01:00 AM.
post #7 of 20 Old 06-30-2009, 07:17 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCH View Post
ok so i just got back from my weekend at the strip and this was my first time since all the upgrades(check signature) and im thinking about going back to stock gearing cause i could not keep the front end down at all every time i accelerate it would pull the front tire up through all six gears my best time was an [email protected] with a 1.919 60' and last year i was pulln [email protected] with 1.6 60'

I mean the bike is insainly fast on the street and have beat every bike I've raced from a 30mph roll with all thats done too it!

But ive been doing alot of thinking and think im going to build a full blown drag bike to get my kicks and keep my ten for the street and road course's!
I take it you are not strapped and lowered ?? well if not and you dont want to do that its going to be very hard to drive ,come out soft, trail brake and short shift 1st to 2nd, keep your head over tank and good luck

also i would think of going back to just -1
its mostly seat time . I am learning this SWB stuff right now to and its pretty fun

2007 zx10 65", lowered ,drag pipe, best 60' 1.40, best 1/8 [email protected] [email protected]
2008 OXFORD DRAGWAY BIKE POINTS CHAMPION
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBqNG2xhyq8[/url
05 zx10r swb , (parted out !! )
02 drag busa next project!!
post #8 of 20 Old 06-30-2009, 09:53 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by abprep07 View Post
I can agree with that but in the same sense its not the same as doing it though. Trust me on that, I have a bike in the house right now just for stunting and my sprocket on that is 5-6 up in the rear and 5-6 dropped up front and its a torque machine. If you dont know how to ride it, it will pull right over on you. But what ever he kind answered his own question in this thread lol
You -5 or 6 up front?!?!?!?!?!?!

I helped build my roomates F4i and went up +12 and -1 and that thing pulls up in just about any gear. I have never heard of going down 5 or 6, thats just crazy!
post #9 of 20 Old 06-30-2009, 10:05 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by xspower View Post
I take it you are not strapped and lowered ?? well if not and you dont want to do that its going to be very hard to drive ,come out soft, trail brake and short shift 1st to 2nd, keep your head over tank and good luck

also i would think of going back to just -1
its mostly seat time . I am learning this SWB stuff right now to and its pretty fun
trail brake...is that were you hold the rear brake...i love the SWB its more of a challenge but i really don't want to lower it cause i heard that makes cornering suck, ive thought about a few different idea's to help one guy suggested that i do a wheelie bar but i don't know about that one if ima do anything it will be a drag bike or just a lil more seat time on the practicing the 10r!...i just don't like getting beat by GSXR's

08 zx-10r--Street--MGP exhaust, BMC race, nuff said
06 CBR600rr--track--Full Hindle Titanium, full Ohilns suspension
post #10 of 20 Old 06-30-2009, 10:50 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCH View Post
trail brake...is that were you hold the rear brake...i love the SWB its more of a challenge but i really don't want to lower it cause i heard that makes cornering suck, ive thought about a few different idea's to help one guy suggested that i do a wheelie bar but i don't know about that one if ima do anything it will be a drag bike or just a lil more seat time on the practicing the 10r!...i just don't like getting beat by GSXR's
yes trail braking is when you control your wheelie with the brake without lifting of the gas ,it takes alot of practice not to back of the throttle when it wheelies , but it does work

2007 zx10 65", lowered ,drag pipe, best 60' 1.40, best 1/8 [email protected] [email protected]
2008 OXFORD DRAGWAY BIKE POINTS CHAMPION
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBqNG2xhyq8[/url
05 zx10r swb , (parted out !! )
02 drag busa next project!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in