Time slip input - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 Old 06-27-2015, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Time slip input

I was finally able to get my 08 to the track after doing everything this winter and I was a little disappointed. Best pass for the night was a 9.47, and of course the 60' Clock wasn't working so it's hard to see. My clutch since the dragpack and brocks clutch mod feels funny. If I'm at a dead stop and slowly let it out it kind of is jerky when I remember before I could slowly let it out with out giving it gas and I never felt it. Not sure if that's normal with the clutch mod or if I'm having clutch issues. But like I said I can't really tell bc there was no 60' clock. My next worry is that my fuel MR12 is old. I picked it up from a shop here on Ohio back in March and have stored it in a pretty well sealed gas can. Either way I was a little disappointed. It was about 80 degrees that day with 70% humidity and I was talking to a guy in a gen2 zx14 who was running 151mph and he said he usually runs around 155. Not sure if the time slip can show if my clutch is slipping or what and not knowing the 60' doesn't help either but could the humidity affect it that much. I put down 171 with MR12 on Ryan Schnitz dump with a hook up so I figured she would have done a little better than 9.4. That's foot shifting but still thought it would be better or atleast have better mph. What do you guys think.

65, pos
8.67 @ 154mph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 06-28-2015, 07:49 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Stock motor? Rider weight? Clutch shouldn't be jerky.
post #3 of 31 Old 06-28-2015, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGoodwin22 View Post
Stock motor? Rider weight? Clutch shouldn't be jerky.
yes stock motor, Full brocks, flashed ecu, dyno tuned, -1+4, k&n Race filter, pc3 and running mr12. Sits at about 64". Im about 180 suited. Its just when im at a dead stop and slowly let it out giving it no gas. Im not sure if its in my head or not. i noticed after my tune it seems like i need to bump the idle up a little bit also.

65, pos
8.67 @ 154mph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 Old 06-28-2015, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I think just for piece of mind im gonna pull the clutch this next weekend and check it out. looking at the diagram on bike bandit i think i staggered the two springs that go in right after the first steel. i dont think i had them right next to each other like in the diagram, im pretty sure i had on in front of the steel and one in back
2008 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R ZX1000E Parts, 2008 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R ZX1000E OEM Parts - BikeBandit.com

65, pos
8.67 @ 154mph
post #5 of 31 Old 06-28-2015, 03:36 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Look over the grooves in the clutch basket also to make sure there are not any rough spots for the fibers to catch on as they move in and out.
Blue08 likes this.
post #6 of 31 Old 06-28-2015, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGoodwin22 View Post
Look over the grooves in the clutch basket also to make sure there are not any rough spots for the fibers to catch on as they move in and out.
Will do, thanks man. That diagram is correct right? about the two "anti chatter" springs or whatever their called being after the first steel and before the second fiber right? for some reason like I said I dont think thats how i had them, but maybe. and I remember them being somewhat rounded and not perferctlly flat, do you know if the rounded part goes in towards the engine or away from the engine? sorry for all the questions if you dont know, no big deal. I messaged dwayne from cycle concepet asking about the plates making sure I have those in the right way.

65, pos
8.67 @ 154mph
post #7 of 31 Old 06-28-2015, 05:54 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Hopefully the springs are the issue with the clutch. Many times though the Brocks mod makes the clutch more like a lockup clutch and those are very grabby.
post #8 of 31 Old 06-28-2015, 06:36 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

just ran both 10's last month at big grudge race. heat similiar/humidity high. both off about 2 10's and 3-4 mph in the 1/8. everybody same results that day. fresh can of mr12 used. ran cup race in nov. couple of years ago with new can of mr12, only used about a gal. or so. ran same fuel at next cup in early april and lost .25 sec in the 1/4. made several passes all same. fresh fuel put bike right back where it was. think combo of conditions/fuel all that's wrong.
Blue08 likes this.
post #9 of 31 Old 06-28-2015, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazx10 View Post
just ran both 10's last month at big grudge race. heat similiar/humidity high. both off about 2 10's and 3-4 mph in the 1/8. everybody same results that day. fresh can of mr12 used. ran cup race in nov. couple of years ago with new can of mr12, only used about a gal. or so. ran same fuel at next cup in early april and lost .25 sec in the 1/4. made several passes all same. fresh fuel put bike right back where it was. think combo of conditions/fuel all that's wrong.
Thanks gaz! I'll pick up a new 5 gallon drum. It's been stored in my garage since i bought it in March in an autozone gas can. And I bought it from a shop who had it in a 50 gallon drum. They said it was only a couple months old but I only picked up about 5 hp on the dyno with it. Hopefully with some new fuel I'll be happy. I plan on getting a fridge in my garage to store it in!

65, pos
8.67 @ 154mph
post #10 of 31 Old 06-28-2015, 08:10 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I'd personally shit can the gen2-4 clutch setup and run a gen1 clutch.
Just to prove my point to my wife and her fears of changing clutches from newer to older style. I changed it from a stock gen3 clutch with the 2 springed things to a gen1 OEM clutch. She didn't know the damn difference and she is always complaining about the feel in the clutch.
For the jerking I would check the inner basket, the one that the steels ride on. If there are large notches in the grooves it maybe the issue.
Also maybe I am the only one with this experience but to me the dragpac feels rougher and less precise than an OEM. My last dragpac I always had an issue with it grabbing on my right off the line and I'd go into a small wheelie.
Just my experience but something to look at.
If you have enough extra thinner steels you can make a gen1 clutch pack from your gen3.
Just buy an OEM 04-05" Judder spring plate.

2005 ZX-10R Akrapovic Ti Evo 2 w/CF LOR can, PC3 with custom map, Factory Pro velocity stacks

2009 ZX-10r Full Gen4 Brock's SS exhaust with CF 14" can, PC3, Secondary Butterflies Removed, Kawasaki Race Exhaust Cam, My Own TRE, Degreed Cams 109/108

2011 zx10r Lower'd 2" Frt & Rear, Stretched 8", Graves CF slipon, GUHL Flashed ECU
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in