Time slip input - Page 2 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 31 Old 06-28-2015, 11:31 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I also have a gen 3 and I back dated my clutches to the 04-05....Dwayne said if u have the big judder metal u don't need the 2 judder springs put back in...just to save u some time....I'm Alison having some issues with my clutch....feels funny...engages a lot quicker than before but I know the stack height is taller but its a pain to find that sweet spot....good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 31 Old 06-29-2015, 06:43 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

vp fuel cans have a coded date on the can label right under the fuel type. there's a series of three different numbers right under the mr12 designation. first one is part #. second is weight of can and third is date of manufacture. it will read like 100/15 which means it was produced the 100th day of 2015. nothing wrong with 5 gal can unopened for 3-4 months. but once opened about 60 days max for best results. nothing like it pretty fresh, but nothing aged. vp also recommends storing mr12 in a airtight metal can only. we figure about 3 cans for the race season.

Last edited by gazx10; 06-29-2015 at 07:29 AM.
post #13 of 31 Old 01-07-2016, 04:29 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Blue- did you end up getting your clutch sorted out and the jerkyness to stop?

Patrick- What benefit does putting a gen1 clutch into a gen3 have?

I'm going to be buying a clutch basket with the hays big rivet kit and will need a new set of clutches to put in it. Wanting to educate myself before I spend the $$ for a new setup.

What about the brocks clutch mod? If i'm starting from scratch and replacing the whole basket, is this a necessity for drag racing?

thanks fellas

'08 10R, Lime/Black
Flashed ECU, PC5,WBC, custom shift light, shifter w/co2, cat delete, V&H slip-on, BMC race, lowered, stretched,-2/+5
MORE TO COME
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 31 Old 01-07-2016, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicbaldwin View Post
Blue- did you end up getting your clutch sorted out and the jerkyness to stop?

Patrick- What benefit does putting a gen1 clutch into a gen3 have?

I'm going to be buying a clutch basket with the hays big rivet kit and will need a new set of clutches to put in it. Wanting to educate myself before I spend the $$ for a new setup.

What about the brocks clutch mod? If i'm starting from scratch and replacing the whole basket, is this a necessity for drag racing?

thanks fellas
Yes a while back I adjusted it a little bit and it solved the problem. I put the brocks clutch mod in the same time as the cycle concepts drag pack and hd springs. It was night and day difference for me ( for the better) but I'm not really sure what made the biggest difference.

65”, pos
8.67 @ 154mph
post #15 of 31 Old 01-08-2016, 08:22 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

my gen 1 had stk. kaw plates and steels, stk judder plate and .090 clutch spring shims made from 12mm home depot washers oblonged to fit pressure plate correctley under the stk. springs. smooth as butter, lasted 3 yrs. still dont have gen 2 right wirh dragpac after trying several spring/shim combos. it holds, but has always been abrupt, sorta in or out launching.higher the spring pressure worse it is. running stk. shimmed springs now but still not smooth. even obvious just pulling off slowly. think ill go back to the complete oem gen 1 setup . got a good chassis but 60 ft. still not where it should be from clutch. clutch is only thing keeping me from reaching my goal. got sold on dragpac from listening to others, but my experience from over the years is oem plates/steels has worked best. launch style has a lot to do with how a hub holds up, unless ur brutal that gen 3 hub with welded rivets should hold, just ck it ocassionally as u should with any hub dragracing. riders are different, clutches same way. just have to find what suits u. oem clutch will hold a lot of hp with spring pressure upped, hard to beat imo.

Last edited by gazx10; 01-08-2016 at 08:50 AM.
post #16 of 31 Old 01-08-2016, 09:24 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Thanks for the info guys. Big help!! Since a complete clutch setup whether OEM or dragpak is about the same cost, i'm planning to go with a dragpak with HD springs.

'08 10R, Lime/Black
Flashed ECU, PC5,WBC, custom shift light, shifter w/co2, cat delete, V&H slip-on, BMC race, lowered, stretched,-2/+5
MORE TO COME
post #17 of 31 Old 01-08-2016, 03:06 PM
Slow Poke

Posting Frequency

I really doubt your clutch is slippin man. 28mph on the back half is right at what mine did.
post #18 of 31 Old 01-11-2016, 10:18 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicbaldwin View Post
Thanks for the info guys. Big help!! Since a complete clutch setup whether OEM or dragpak is about the same cost, i'm planning to go with a dragpak with HD springs.
Good choice! Dragpak is only clutch i ran that lasted. Think you got gen3 get the basket welded while your at it and back date clutch to gen1.

05 ZX-10R SWB.
post #19 of 31 Old 01-12-2016, 12:43 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I'm buying a big rivet upgraded basket which is already welded.

'08 10R, Lime/Black
MORE TO COME
post #20 of 31 Old 01-12-2016, 12:54 AM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazx10 View Post
but has always been abrupt, sorta in or out launching.higher the spring pressure worse it is. running stk. shimmed springs now but still not smooth. even obvious just pulling off slowly. think ill go back to the complete oem gen 1 setup . got a good chassis but 60 ft. still not where it should be from clutch. clutch is only thing keeping me from reaching my goal. got sold on dragpac from listening to others, but my experience from over the years is oem plates/steels has worked best. launch style has a lot to do with how a hub holds up, unless ur brutal that gen 3 hub with welded rivets should hold, just ck it ocassionally as u should with any hub dragracing. riders are different, clutches same way. just have to find what suits u. oem clutch will hold a lot of hp with spring pressure upped, hard to beat imo.
With Gazx10 on this one over the years yes it's possible to get great times on dragpak I done it myself but still feel OEM is still the BEST ...can't argue with ZXRACER though he has some of the best times ever recorded on a first Gen 10R but he is also the cheapest dude too so wonder how many pacs he goes through at the same time... .....j/m racer

bloo

Sent from My Computer via DSL mid to low service Firefox updated version, sometimes wireless sometimes Wire from the garage depending on connection speed.

Last edited by bluedevil; 01-12-2016 at 03:30 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in