Taking the 10 to the Track Friday - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 Old 06-09-2008, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to OneSLOW10
Taking the 10 to the Track Friday

Hey everyone. I am taking the 10 to the track this Friday. I have front end strps that I am going to use for the first time. My bike is at stock height ( front and rear ). I did not drop it yet with my Muzzy Rear links b/c I am thinking about using adjustables for the rear. Will it be ok to just strap the front end while leaving the rear at stock height? Should I take it as low as I can go with the strap? Also what will I be able to launch at once strapped and how much fast can I release the clutch to go WOT once the front is strapped? I am on SWB

Thanks

2005 PMR. Full Ti Evo 2, BMC Race, V-Stacks, PC3, IG Module, DJ QS (not installed), 1/5th throw (not installed), -1 +2 with Gold RK Chain, Speedo Healer V4, Removed 2ndaries, Red GiPro, Pilot Powers, Dual H.I.D.s, Brocks brackets and strap, Rear 2" Muzzy Drop, Vortex Rearsets, Scotts Damper, 2 HyperPro Dampers, Puig DB, ASV Levers, Titax Levers, Pazzo Levers, Kill switch (made to look like it's mounted), CA front/rear lights and a owner who adores her...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 06-09-2008, 03:18 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

You will want to air down your rear tire for sure. The powers hook well, but they are not consistent. Just use the strap to lower the bike in the front. Try not to crank down on it too much or you have a good chance at blowing the fork seals (I did). Try launching around 5k-6k rpm until you get the feel for it. You will have to play with the clutch until you get the feel for it.

I live my life a quarter-pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, im free. I need FRIESSSS! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didnt blow a seam on your nugget box.
post #3 of 30 Old 06-09-2008, 03:25 PM
Shorty's Performance

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to madnessracing Send a message via MSN to madnessracing
It will be easier if you lowered the rear too!! and its easy to put the rear links too just use a jack and put it under the shock!!

Shorty's Performance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 Old 06-09-2008, 03:55 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Wish I was going. Give it hell for me man.
post #5 of 30 Old 06-09-2008, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnessracing View Post
It will be easier if you lowered the rear too!! and its easy to put the rear links too just use a jack and put it under the shock!!
I never replaced a rear shock or did any work back there like messing with the links, but a shop told me you have to take the tail apart and the lowers the lift the rear up with something like a engine hoist then put a jack under it. Is ALL that bullshit? b/c I wasn't sure. They said 2 hrs and I was like nah. Thats why I haven't installed the Muzzys. Plus I thought if that's true if I ever want to go from 1 1/4" drop to the next drop ( 2" ) I will have to do all that crap.

2005 PMR. Full Ti Evo 2, BMC Race, V-Stacks, PC3, IG Module, DJ QS (not installed), 1/5th throw (not installed), -1 +2 with Gold RK Chain, Speedo Healer V4, Removed 2ndaries, Red GiPro, Pilot Powers, Dual H.I.D.s, Brocks brackets and strap, Rear 2" Muzzy Drop, Vortex Rearsets, Scotts Damper, 2 HyperPro Dampers, Puig DB, ASV Levers, Titax Levers, Pazzo Levers, Kill switch (made to look like it's mounted), CA front/rear lights and a owner who adores her...
post #6 of 30 Old 06-09-2008, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo4092 View Post
Wish I was going. Give it hell for me man.
=thanks

post #7 of 30 Old 06-09-2008, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1killer1liter View Post
You will want to air down your rear tire for sure. The powers hook well, but they are not consistent. Just use the strap to lower the bike in the front. Try not to crank down on it too much or you have a good chance at blowing the fork seals (I did). Try launching around 5k-6k rpm until you get the feel for it. You will have to play with the clutch until you get the feel for it.
How low in tire pressure should I go ?

post #8 of 30 Old 06-09-2008, 04:14 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Start at 28-30 psi, but no lower than 18-20 psi considering the power has a different carcass and may break the bead or slide around at the big end.

I live my life a quarter-pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, im free. I need FRIESSSS! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didnt blow a seam on your nugget box.
post #9 of 30 Old 06-09-2008, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

so PP's aren't so hot for the track ah?

post #10 of 30 Old 06-09-2008, 06:19 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Out of the other tires I have used, they hooked the best. They just take a long burnout to get the carcass hot enough to be sticky. Far and away the best tire is the shinko u-soft. I have 2 seasons on my 180 and its nowhere near dead. Not bad on the street either.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in