Street legal Drags - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 06-23-2008, 12:24 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider
 
JUPJON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Fargo, ND (only about 6 month riding season unfortunatly)
Posts: 719
Posting Frequency
Images: 15
    
Street legal Drags

Well I went out to the track yesterday for the street legal drags. It was a lot of fun, lots of bikes and some sweet cars. Its more fun than the sanctioned races because you get more runs in. My best was disappointing though a 10.56 at 135mph, kinda sad when my best last year was a 10.20. I know on the right day and after more seat time I'll be in the 9s. It was pretty warm out and I was wheelie happy even lowered and strapped. I took my seat off and that helped some knocked off about a tenth. I think I might have to play with the suspension setting a little more. Any one have any tips or tricks they have learned? I need to work on my 60ft my best yesterday was 1.7sec:headshake A guy I know ran his '06 gsxr 1000 9.91 but he has more mods and seat time. My other buddy ran a 9.47 on his busa, thats fast!
Do you think removing the secondaries would help much w/drag racing?

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home.
JUPJON is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 Old 06-23-2008, 08:00 PM
Red
Track Day Rider
 
Red's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Fun City, Southern California, U. S. of A.
Posts: 211
Posting Frequency
Images: 3
 
We used to do Pro Street Legal Motorcycle rules . . .

Do a google search & see what you get ?

We may do it again with MDRA ?

See how this year goes.

Team WandL Racing.

Red, *<(:{)-

1998 Prostar West Super Gas top ten.
1999 Prostar West Super Gas Champion !
2000 NMRA / Prostar ~ Pro E/T runner up.
2001, 2002, & 2003 NMRA Pro E/T Champion !
2004 #3, 2005, & 2006 NMRA Pro E/T runner up.
2007 Pro St. Legal #6, & NMRA Pro E/T Champion !
2008 www.MDRA4U.com Super Streetbike Champion !
www.dragbike.com www.HooliganUnderground.com
Red is offline  
post #3 of 8 Old 06-24-2008, 12:21 AM
Bloo Moderator
 
bluedevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SAC,CA
Posts: 23,742
Posting Frequency
Images: 3
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPJON View Post
Well I went out to the track yesterday for the street legal drags. It was a lot of fun, lots of bikes and some sweet cars. Its more fun than the sanctioned races because you get more runs in. My best was disappointing though a 10.56 at 135mph, kinda sad when my best last year was a 10.20. I know on the right day and after more seat time I'll be in the 9s. It was pretty warm out and I was wheelie happy even lowered and strapped. I took my seat off and that helped some knocked off about a tenth. I think I might have to play with the suspension setting a little more. Any one have any tips or tricks they have learned? I need to work on my 60ft my best yesterday was 1.7sec:headshake A guy I know ran his '06 gsxr 1000 9.91 but he has more mods and seat time. My other buddy ran a 9.47 on his busa, thats fast!
Do you think removing the secondaries would help much w/drag racing?
What's wrong with 1.7s in the 60? I did 9s with low 1.7s(on a un-prepped track) and my bike is basically stock from the show room floor.

Show your time slip and weight, that's something I would like to see, in fact we are getting many posting times these days with asking for help but no Time Slips and Information.

A time slip is necessary to evaluate as well as elevation and your weight, Mods etc.

As far as Secondaries why would you need to do that many and most run with them in and can get into the 9s very low or high...but they are in.
bluedevil is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 8 Old 06-24-2008, 12:54 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider
 
JUPJON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Fargo, ND (only about 6 month riding season unfortunatly)
Posts: 719
Posting Frequency
Images: 15
    
yeah I guess 1.7 sec 60ft isn't all bad but you can make up a lot of time there.
I'll scan and post my best time slip tomorrow. I weigh about 205-210lbs.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home.
JUPJON is offline  
post #5 of 8 Old 06-24-2008, 01:02 AM
Bloo Moderator
 
bluedevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SAC,CA
Posts: 23,742
Posting Frequency
Images: 3
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPJON View Post
yeah I guess 1.7 sec 60ft isn't all bad but you can make up a lot of time there.
I'll scan and post my best time slip tomorrow. I weigh about 205-210lbs.
yeah, look at the 330 I weigh about the same as you, a Stock Wheelbase 1st GEN your not going to make up alot of time they're shorter than most 600cc bikes, you buddies running the gix is longer so don't compare there as well.

Look forward to your time slip though.

Last edited by bluedevil; 06-24-2008 at 01:04 AM.
bluedevil is offline  
post #6 of 8 Old 06-24-2008, 11:55 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider
 
JUPJON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Fargo, ND (only about 6 month riding season unfortunatly)
Posts: 719
Posting Frequency
Images: 15
    
Time slips

Ok the first slip is from saturday, the second a similar one from last year. I had to down size them from the scan because they would not fit- some stuff missing but nothing important. Anyway, I am about 205lbs, it was about 80 degrees and 60-70% humidity. The bike- '04 zx10R 13k miles. pc3 custom mapped, full micron exhaust, -2 front sprocket, Pilot Powers, speedo healer, GIpro gear indicator, fan switch, rear adjustable links lowered 3", front triples lowered 1inch and strapped
removed mirrors, rear pegs, seat removed (just listed mods that help w/racing). Anything else I can do to compete better w/some of these guys w/more seat time?? w/o spending crazy money. I wanna go fast!
My starts are ok but I would like to lower the 60ft a bit and I am still pulling the front wheel in first slightly and sometimes going into 2nd My best time from last year was 10.20ish and I know the temp was similar. I know 9s are possible- my buddy w/the busa ran a 10.02 on my bike on his 2nd pass! He is about 30-40lbs lighter though......?
Thanks for any help.

I was in the O'rieley auto parts lane both slips
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	slip.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	179.7 KB
ID:	71798   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	193.6 KB
ID:	71799  

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home.

Last edited by JUPJON; 06-25-2008 at 10:51 PM. Reason: in case ya didn't figure out what lane was me- O'Reileys
JUPJON is offline  
post #7 of 8 Old 06-25-2008, 12:04 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider
 
JUPJON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Fargo, ND (only about 6 month riding season unfortunatly)
Posts: 719
Posting Frequency
Images: 15
    
Some crappy cam phone pics from Saturday
Damn my bike is even sexier when its lowered!
to bad the damn lower fairing scraps over bigger bumps!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0621081538.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	71800   Click image for larger version

Name:	0621081541.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	71801   Click image for larger version

Name:	0621081544.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	71802   Click image for larger version

Name:	0624082312.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	71803  

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home.
JUPJON is offline  
post #8 of 8 Old 06-25-2008, 10:48 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider
 
JUPJON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Fargo, ND (only about 6 month riding season unfortunatly)
Posts: 719
Posting Frequency
Images: 15
    
nother pic, sexy in the sun. Green is mean!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0625081948.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	71944  

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home.
JUPJON is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Worlds fastest street legal motorcycle? Deer Elk General Motorcycle Discussions 10 02-02-2008 02:22 PM
Street legal Indy Car.. colinmitchell111 The Out House 20 06-30-2007 07:18 AM
street legal/track ready Nasty10R Race and Stunt 14 11-27-2006 07:32 PM
06 Akropovic Street Legal or Not zx10hellcat The ZX-10R 11 04-07-2006 04:04 PM
More legal street/road racing info maze Race and Stunt 8 01-19-2006 03:55 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome