Speedohealer - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 01-19-2009, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Speedohealer

For you guys that dragrace only, do we need a speedohealer when we gear our bikes -2 in the front? Will we get better mph (in the 1/4)with it?

I always hear the zx14 guys talking about when they gear the bike in the front, then getting the healer, then instantly gettin like 3-5 mph, is it the same with the zx10?? Please inform.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 01-19-2009, 07:58 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

The only need for a SH is to re-calibrate your speedometer, to make it more accurate for times when changing gearing, even with stock gearing to make it read true. I'm pretty positive that you don't gain anything from the SH, so getting 3-5 mph in the 1/4 isn't something I see happening, unless of course I'm missing something with the 14's.

At its core, the Ninja ZX-10R is a motorcycle built for the accomplished rider who can fully appreciate its capabilities--whether put to the test at a racetrack, or merely the focus of bench-racing conversation. It is, by all standards, the embodiment of the ultimate superbike.

Member of The Elite - Growler Group
post #3 of 12 Old 01-19-2009, 08:18 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

I doubt it for a SpeedoHealer, are you sure he is not talking about a TRE? Even if he is talking about the TRE I believe that is for bypassing the Speed Limiter, I don't know the 14 that well but there are to many IFs involved if true, like the SpeedoHealer sends signals to the ECU, the ECU adjust maps for a gear and SPEED among others(I do believe the Gear Indicator is based on those factors).

I can tell you a 10R for the first Gen the SpeedoHealer does nothing to change maps and know I can unplug mine and won't loose 1mph other than conditions and rider error. It is for correcting the Indicated Speed Period to your cluster and nothing else.

bloo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 01-19-2009, 09:06 PM
Newfie Bullet

Posting Frequency

Garage
speedo healer is just and only for makeing the speed-o-meter read correctly..Speedohealer has absolutely nothin to do with increaseing speed.tre is a totally different mod..tre mod might decrease yer et if yer just draggin the bike

Team green,Bleed green,RIDE GREEN!!

Brembo m/c,Nassert Beet,HEL lines,Pazzo levers,HID kit,custom monster paint scheme..Thanks to forum member horse for that..Woolich raceing kit,Elka rear shock and front fork pistons,Green samco coolant hose kit,Zero gravity dbbl smoked screen,520 conversion,attack rear sets,bmc race air filter,Monster zx6 front seat,moto graffix tank pad,feredo pads,galpher lite weight rear rotor.
post #5 of 12 Old 01-19-2009, 09:09 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil View Post
I doubt it for a SpeedoHealer, are you sure he is not talking about a TRE? Even if he is talking about the TRE I believe that is for bypassing the Speed Limiter, I don't know the 14 that well but there are to many IFs involved if true, like the SpeedoHealer sends signals to the ECU, the ECU adjust maps for a gear and SPEED among others(I do believe the Gear Indicator is based on those factors).

I can tell you a 10R for the first Gen the SpeedoHealer does nothing to change maps and know I can unplug mine and won't loose 1mph other than conditions and rider error. It is for correcting the Indicated Speed Period to your cluster and nothing else.

bloo
I asked this recently, and I can't remember installing it too well but I thought the SH was post ECU, or does it affect the signal before it goes into the ECU?

At its core, the Ninja ZX-10R is a motorcycle built for the accomplished rider who can fully appreciate its capabilities--whether put to the test at a racetrack, or merely the focus of bench-racing conversation. It is, by all standards, the embodiment of the ultimate superbike.

Member of The Elite - Growler Group
post #6 of 12 Old 01-19-2009, 09:13 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

speedo only no performance gains.
post #7 of 12 Old 01-19-2009, 09:31 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX-10R_Sinner View Post
I asked this recently, and I can't remember installing it too well but I thought the SH was post ECU, or does it affect the signal before it goes into the ECU?
On first GENs the speed signal doesn't even go to the ECU so a non issue.

bloo
post #8 of 12 Old 01-20-2009, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

So how in the world do zx14s pick up mph after they have geared the bikes. Seems like the bike "thinks" its @ 186mph so the ecu does something....
post #9 of 12 Old 01-21-2009, 10:01 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

the zx14s have a speed limiter of 186 with some tall gearing and the bike on spray, turbo or a big motor the speedo might hit that 186 on the dash and the bike may not pull any more rpm but i also thought that was only in sixth gear so maybe thats where they are getting the 3-5 mph but on the ten i dont think its worth anything

bike is down for not but not out
turbo project is a slow go no money

Need some work done
call 586-214-2414
post #10 of 12 Old 01-21-2009, 10:49 AM
Postwhore with an 04

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06green View Post
So how in the world do zx14s pick up mph after they have geared the bikes. Seems like the bike "thinks" its @ 186mph so the ecu does something....
the speedohealer isn't what gives them more mph its the gearing change. With better gearing you keep the bike more in the meat of its power range giving better mph and times
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in