So I went to the track last night. - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 Old 03-08-2009, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

So I went to the track last night.

I went to the track last night and couldnt get a good pass for nothing. I changed my front sprocket from a 15 to a 16 and also strapped the front end. My best pass was a 6.73 @ 115 with a 1.8 60ft. I know I'm having a problem getting wot in the first 60 feet. I need to order the 1/5 throttle mod. Also It feels like something is keeping my bike from rolling very well on its on. Kind of a dragging feeling. Could that be clutch issues? I also have trouble getting my feet back on the pegs to shift without wasting time. I would like to get an air shifter but not really sure where to mount a tank and how to supply it with air.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 03-08-2009, 08:42 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

zx10rjoe in ur pic ur bike looks great is there any post with pics of your bike?
post #3 of 25 Old 03-08-2009, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10sander View Post
zx10rjoe in ur pic ur bike looks great is there any post with pics of your bike?
Thanks man. Ive posted in a couple other threads. I'll have to find them. I'm waiting to be able to get out and clean it up and get some better pics.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 Old 03-09-2009, 12:01 PM
Shorty's Performance

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to madnessracing Send a message via MSN to madnessracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07ZX10RJoe View Post
I went to the track last night and couldnt get a good pass for nothing. I changed my front sprocket from a 15 to a 16 and also strapped the front end. My best pass was a 6.73 @ 115 with a 1.8 60ft. I know I'm having a problem getting wot in the first 60 feet. I need to order the 1/5 throttle mod. Also It feels like something is keeping my bike from rolling very well on its on. Kind of a dragging feeling. Could that be clutch issues? I also have trouble getting my feet back on the pegs to shift without wasting time. I would like to get an air shifter but not really sure where to mount a tank and how to supply it with air.
Is the bike stock wheelbase?

Shorty's Performance
post #5 of 25 Old 03-09-2009, 12:03 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnessracing View Post
Is the bike stock wheelbase?
It looks like it is SWB based on his avatar, but a 1.8 60' SWB is pretty good...
post #6 of 25 Old 03-09-2009, 02:19 PM
Shorty's Performance

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10R_Havens View Post
It looks like it is SWB based on his avatar, but a 1.8 60' SWB is pretty good...
Reason Im asking is cause if its SWB I wouldnt recommend the 1/5 throttle mod but I recommend a lof of seat time and you will the numbers drop dramatically!!

Shorty's Performance
post #7 of 25 Old 03-09-2009, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Yeah I know I need more seat time but I am not getting to wot until almost half track and thats wasting a whole lot of time. Ive got the front strapped and it doesnt try to jump up but will slowly rise. I'm still waiting on my extensions to get here.
post #8 of 25 Old 03-09-2009, 07:19 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

half track, you should be able to get wot right out of the hole, when my bike was stock wheelbase, just lowered and strapped, i would be wot right out of the hole and just use the clutch to control the power, it would 60' 1.71 and go 9.90 no problem, im no expert but i race with experts every weekend, they have always told me never control the power with the throttle, always use the clutch, you just have to be smooth with the clutch the whole time, if your smooth until the last bit of the clutch is out it wont wheelie on you, But when you get choppy with the clutch is when it wheelies on you, you will start to notice that you can get out of the clutch alot faster if its smooth, if you dump the last little bit of the clutch on a stock wheelbase bike its going to come up no matter what.
post #9 of 25 Old 03-09-2009, 07:43 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyc_13 View Post
half track, you should be able to get wot right out of the hole, when my bike was stock wheelbase, just lowered and strapped, i would be wot right out of the hole and just use the clutch to control the power, .

It is a bit intimidating at first to go to WOT right off the bat but, I like this method as well because it frees up attention to concentrate on the smooth release of the clutch. As far as the bike having a dragging feeling a few things that come to mind are chain that's too tight, maybe your pistons in the brake calipers are getting hung up and not allowing them to fully retract which could cause excessive brake drag. When you get the opportunity, get your bike on a stand to see how easily the wheels spin by hand. I do know that when the weather is really cold, I have to make sure to keep the temps up before the run otherwise, I have issues similar to what you are describing because the oil is so thick that it messes with the clutches operation. I used to have issues getting my feet up in time for the shift to second but, as I have gotten more seat time, that problem has gone away. I had an airshifter mounted on my bike for nearly a year but, could never get comfortable leaving my feet off the pegs as I went down the track so, I am back to footshifting and have run my best times to date with just the DJ quickshifter and foot shifting. Not sure what kind of seat time you have but, like others said, there is no substitute for practice.

2005 ZX6RR
[email protected] MPH
10.49 video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_KQhDSCvQA
Micron Serpent Full System-BMC Race-PC3
Kit ECU-Dynojet Quickshifter
Strapped-Short Wheelbase
www.mpsracing.com

Last edited by Micron05rr; 03-09-2009 at 07:48 PM.
post #10 of 25 Old 03-09-2009, 07:46 PM
Shorty's Performance

Posting Frequency

STW

Shorty's Performance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in