Sleeper Drag Bike - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 08-12-2008, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Sleeper Drag Bike

Hey guys. I was wanting to get some ideas on what more to do with my bike to drop some et's. I have run a 6.56 in the 8th with stock wheel base, -1 in the front, secondaries removed, cats gutted, and a map tunned by ear (going to get a custom map on the 21st).

As of a few days ago I have installed a front strap, lowering link (only dropped 1"), and used road race tire (180).

I am wanting to make a bike that will appear to be a mid to high 6 bike, but be able to run low 6's to high 5's. And in doing so keeping the bike looking as stock as possible. Is this possible?

I know that my riding skills need a good bit more practice, seeing as how my 60' (not dropped or strapped) was 1.72, but what else can I do to drop my et's without making myself stand out.

I am considering the a and r baffles or just taking out the factory one's and replacing the packing.

What do you guys think about an air shifter or a little laughing gas?

Open to all ideas. And I don't want to extend the swingarm. I like to go riding in the mountains a good bit when I get off work.

Last edited by Spillman; 08-12-2008 at 03:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 08-12-2008, 03:42 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Stock swingarm will limit you to 6.10 range probably max even with N2O and there are a few people that do that stock wheelbase already all motor...

09 R6S Slow and steady...

USN Retired *1987-2007*

IYAOYAS
post #3 of 20 Old 08-12-2008, 03:46 PM
inappropriate

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to hesaves0211
seat time!

1ST GEN-10R 234hp/[email protected], GT2871RS, cometic gasket, tial bov/ex wastegate, BEGI FMU, WALBRO fuel pump,falicon clutch basket,race pak clutch,200/50 pilot,yana-shiki levers,.net wristband, WEGO III,PC3,GPR damper,cbr cals/Galfer SS brake lines,gp shift,1/5 throttle, 2NDARIES REMOVED <<click for how-to, *R.I.P D.J 10 Apr 04*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 08-12-2008, 03:47 PM
Shorty's Performance

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to madnessracing Send a message via MSN to madnessracing
gearing would do a lot better -1 in the front +3 in the rear, lower the front as much as possible, make sure you strap it good, cut the seat so you can sit lower and have better aerodynamics, custom map will help too, if you're racing take the air filter off you will gain a few ponies, miles and Lower ETs.

Shorty's Performance
post #5 of 20 Old 08-12-2008, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Forgot to put -1 on the mod list.

You think with +3 on the back will help?

Also when I get the bike mapped should I remove the filter? That would make it run a little rich on the streets. But I would rather have that then be lean on strip.

Also is 2" drop in the back streetable. I dropped the bike 3" when I first installed the links. And needless to say some of my plastic is alot thinner.

Last edited by Spillman; 08-12-2008 at 04:23 PM.
post #6 of 20 Old 08-12-2008, 03:59 PM
Shorty's Performance

Posting Frequency

+3 in the rear you're gonna have a lot of seat time and play with the clutch a lot but it will definately help you a lot! If you're gonna be drag racing a lot i would rather tune the bike with the filter off!

Shorty's Performance
post #7 of 20 Old 08-12-2008, 04:17 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

You're already there for a stock height/stock wheelbase bike man. :)

You can hide a dynojet quickshifter pretty easily: just paint it black and hide the wires well. It won't make you much faster, but it adds up over time. Nitrous won't do much for you in the 1/8th unless you get on it early/out of the hole, and I don't think you'll be doing that on a SWB/stock ride height 10R that's been geared.

As far as keeping it stock looking, Nukedog is right on the money. A&R baffles sound ok if you pack them right, but you won't get much speed out of that either. I spot on map may be worth another mph or so, but you won't see a lot of time out of that either. If you can 60ft a stock bike in the low 1.70's, you're doing pretty well; certainly well enough to surprise some non-launching ass clown on a big bike. I've pretty much gone the same route you are thinking with my bike and you really hit a brick wall trying to go any faster without compromising the corner carving ability of the machine.

G'luck, though! :)

Attack life... it's going to kill you anyway.
post #8 of 20 Old 08-29-2008, 10:02 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

Well guys I ran the bike with just the front strapped and had trouble keeping the front end down still. Best time of the night was a 6.49 @ 115.9, 60' was 1.689.

Going to try the lowering lengths set at 2" drop in the back and see if that helps any. Guess I will be cutting my kick stand.

I might just break down and have the arm extended. I wonder how far cycle concepts can stretch the swingarm and still be able to go back to the stock length. On their website it says they do 0"-6".

What do you drag racers out there think? Is 6" of extension worth while? And how much of a drop in 60' time should that net (after I figure out how to launch with the extension)?
post #9 of 20 Old 08-29-2008, 01:54 PM
Shorty's Performance

Posting Frequency

4-6" sounds pretty good!

Shorty's Performance
post #10 of 20 Old 08-29-2008, 03:00 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Yo whats up spillman. This is Sana, I bought the Shearer topmount manifold and Direct port system from you for my DSM. What track do you go to? I ran a 6.7 112mph on my stock 05. I plan on lowering it soon and getting an exhaust and pcIII. You should run nitrous. I am probably gonna break down and get the Muzzy dry kit. I just wish I could hide the bottle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in