should i - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 10-15-2012, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

should i

sell the bike or

sell the wheels, sidewinder, and nitrous system and try and get sweetride10r's turbo setup

discuss
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-15-2012, 12:35 PM
Slow Poke

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookmaster30 View Post
sell the bike or

sell the wheels, sidewinder, and nitrous system and try and get sweetride10r's turbo setup

discuss
I would totally go for the turbo setup and an auto tune setup if i had the money. If you have the cash to do it right I think you would have a lot of fun if you did a nasty turbo setup and a lock up. That thing would move!!!

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
post #3 of 7 Old 10-15-2012, 01:15 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Im probably the wrong guy to chime in cause im not a big fan of turbo's but for you Cook, id say you could pull it off pretty well with your resources. Im a supercharger fan personally and i understand the power losses of each...just wish SC's were more popular for bikes. Anyway i just got my bike back from my engine builder who has a turbo 'Busa that he just "plays" with and was telling me how it makes around 350-400 horses. I was speechless. Says anything around 300 is almost not fun cause its so difficult to hook up.
I guess id just try to weigh how many ponies youll lose when you sell the parts compared to what youll gain with the new turbo setup. Obviously youll recoup those lost horses with the turbo but it would be a damn shame not to be able to keep those sweet wheels but i understand. I would be ify on saying yes to turbo for just any ol body on the forum here but like i said, since its the Cookmaster i think you can pull it off nicely. Oh shit, i just read that your willing to sell the bike too, well that changes things a bit. lol. My engine guy says he gets tons of Gen1's for engine work and that ppl who have Kawis usually drag the Gen1 and in the same breath said "but man the chassis on those Gen1's are so squirly!". I havent ridden one but they arent called the widomaker for nuthin. I can totally see you on a stretched out GenIII..and although i think they are ugly as hell, they look bad ass stretched out. Just my thoughts.
Thought; Turn bike back to as close to stock as you can. Sell parts you dont want. Sell bike. Start new project and blow us all away again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 10-15-2012, 01:23 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

if the turbo is the way you wanna go id go that route. Its gonna be hard to sale your bike at that price. If the platform is there than just modify it and go from there. Ive had to part my bike out 2 times becuase in the end its easier to get your money back , instead of selling it complete in drag form.
post #5 of 7 Old 10-15-2012, 04:01 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokturnalmagic View Post
if the turbo is the way you wanna go id go that route. Its gonna be hard to sale your bike at that price. If the platform is there than just modify it and go from there. Ive had to part my bike out 2 times becuase in the end its easier to get your money back , instead of selling it complete in drag form.
post #6 of 7 Old 10-15-2012, 07:14 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by capncalyx View Post
im probably the wrong guy to chime in cause im not a big fan of turbo's but for you cook, id say you could pull it off pretty well with your resources. Im a supercharger fan personally and i understand the power losses of each...just wish sc's were more popular for bikes. Anyway i just got my bike back from my engine builder who has a turbo 'busa that he just "plays" with and was telling me how it makes around 350-400 horses. I was speechless. Says anything around 300 is almost not fun cause its so difficult to hook up.
I guess id just try to weigh how many ponies youll lose when you sell the parts compared to what youll gain with the new turbo setup. Obviously youll recoup those lost horses with the turbo but it would be a damn shame not to be able to keep those sweet wheels but i understand. I would be ify on saying yes to turbo for just any ol body on the forum here but like i said, since its the cookmaster i think you can pull it off nicely. Oh shit, i just read that your willing to sell the bike too, well that changes things a bit. Lol. My engine guy says he gets tons of gen1's for engine work and that ppl who have kawis usually drag the gen1 and in the same breath said "but man the chassis on those gen1's are so squirly!". I havent ridden one but they arent called the widomaker for nuthin. I can totally see you on a stretched out geniii..and although i think they are ugly as hell, they look bad ass stretched out. Just my thoughts.
Thought; turn bike back to as close to stock as you can. Sell parts you dont want. Sell bike. Start new project and blow us all away again.
post #7 of 7 Old 10-15-2012, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

well hell. my guy who is gonna help me get the kit on is suppose to take a look at the kit and let me know what it would take money wise to get it on the bike, and if it isnt crazy i think thats gonna be the plan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in