Set ups - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 Old 08-06-2013, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Set ups

I think we need a spot in here to compare and share some common info. Especially to help guys just starting out with the zx10. I've only been building zx10s for about 4 years now but feel I have a decent handle on the basics but any knowledge or things u have picked up along the way that ur willing yo share I'd luv to know more

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 Old 08-06-2013, 10:08 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanedisel View Post
I think we need a spot in here to compare and share some common info. Especially to help guys just starting out with the zx10. I've only been building zx10s for about 4 years now but feel I have a decent handle on the basics but any knowledge or things u have picked up along the way that ur willing yo share I'd luv to know more

Do you mean a Sub Section of the Strip Forum sharing Setup information?

Bloo

Sent from My Computer via DSL mid to low service Firefox updated version, sometimes wireless sometimes Wire from the garage depending on connection speed.
post #3 of 34 Old 08-06-2013, 10:14 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Ya I was just think a spot where guys wouldn't have to chase down an old thread and could keep getting added to like our own personal dictionary I know all things vary in drag racing but if u could tell a kid do this this n this and get some track time and u souls be around ur goal of .9.0. Think it would be a big help in growth

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 Old 08-06-2013, 10:29 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Ya I was just think a spot where guys wouldn't have to chase down an old thread and could keep getting added to like our own personal dictionary I know all things vary in drag racing but if u could tell a kid do this this n this and get some track time and u souls be around ur goal of .9.0. Think it would be a big help in growth

You set it up for a format and I will see if it's something we can submit to the Admin. I like the idea I need suspension help but not easy to find.....but keep in mind this forum is one if not the best we try not to clutter it with many sub-forums so keep that in mind if we don't pursue it.

thanks...Bloo

Sent from My Computer via DSL mid to low service Firefox updated version, sometimes wireless sometimes Wire from the garage depending on connection speed.
post #5 of 34 Old 08-06-2013, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Cool

post #6 of 34 Old 08-06-2013, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

What u need with your suspension

post #7 of 34 Old 08-06-2013, 10:46 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
What u need with your suspension

I am 5in over stock I turn everything tight what can be adjusted by a screwdriver but never messed with any springs for the rear since I bought the bike it's about 2-3in lowered rear and 3/4" on the triples...run stock suspension and my weight is 215-235lbs over the years suited...the best time 9.93s stock length with just a slip-on no PC and stretched and 9.83 with the mild stretch full system and downloaded PC map and adjustment by me motor never opened....I know suspension must be addressed and is the KEY to BEST times, my times have mostly been built with my mods on just good riding for my weight but could be alot better with a good suspension setup too.

Bloo

post #8 of 34 Old 08-06-2013, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

That's pretty good times for what u have and your size. Check your swing arm angle then u can adjust the rear spring from there u really should have a stiffer spring try to get the swing arm so that with u sitting on the bike the front pivot point at center is about 3/4 in higher than the center of rear axel that's a good starting point

post #9 of 34 Old 08-06-2013, 11:34 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
That's pretty good times for what u have and your size. Check your swing arm angle then u can adjust the rear spring from there u really should have a stiffer spring try to get the swing arm so that with u sitting on the bike the front pivot point at center is about 3/4 in higher than the center of rear axel that's a good starting point

Thanks that good info. right there and thanks for the thumbsup on my times I try to tell these 115lbs guys you better hope I don't go on a diet.

Bloo

post #10 of 34 Old 08-07-2013, 08:29 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

hey bloo ever thought about ditchin the stock shock for busa shock ? its a good cheap upgrade exspecially for us biger guys.

05 ZX-10R SWB.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in