scotty is now in the 9 sec club - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 09-11-2004, 07:53 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

scotty is now in the 9 sec club

yes it is true scotty finally made it into the 9's with his stock zx10r just lowered and gutted stock pipe.Ok guys here is how it went i made a very first pass of the day putting down a 10.2 which wasn't bad but not what i was looking for.I made several more passes not doing a burn out just rolling around the pit and staging.Then after talking to my good friend joe we decided to try doing a burn out and see if it helps.So i stop in the lane after the water box and do a small burn out ont he soft rubber so it stuck to my tires.I rolled up and staged against this black busa which afterward i found out is modded with nice cams and some other work.So we stage and i launch hard making the front pick up a tiny bit roping me a [email protected] his was a [email protected] he had problems keeping the front end down.I was totally blown away afteri got my time slip.I was celebrating and i think everyone was staring but i didn't care.I tried a few more passes but could only muster 10.1's and 10.2's then i backed into the water box and started my burn out rolled into the soft rubber and picked some up then staged again against the same busa(there where 4 busas there).The light turned yellow then green and we where off my launch was unbelieveable.After the sweet launch i told my self not to screw up the shifts and shifted extra hard to make sure they go in.I noticed no busa next to me and kept on it til the traps where i let off with an indicated 154mph on the speedo it felt just great.I finally looked back to see the busa right there behind me about a bike length.I rolled up to the time booth and picked my slip up and to my suprise i got this:

I was totally celebrating and yelling and just shocked i beat this busa again :) his time on that run was [email protected] that thing sounded sweet also.I found another 10r guy too and told him about the site he said he is gonna visit so hopefully he does.Well that's my story and i had to tell you guys woooohoooooo [smilie=b:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 09-11-2004, 08:05 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Way to go Scotty [smilie=b: [smilie=w:

Warlord
2004 Black ZX10R (Sold)
2009 Lime Green ZX14
post #3 of 20 Old 09-11-2004, 08:30 PM

Posting Frequency

I told you it was easy...... [smilie=2: hahahaha......awesome run homie!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 09-11-2004, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

wouldn't say easy but as soon as i change the gearing it will help :) what gearing did you do again rich?
post #5 of 20 Old 09-11-2004, 09:08 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

[smilie=o:
post #6 of 20 Old 09-11-2004, 10:35 PM

Posting Frequency

Re: scotty is now in the 9 sec club

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottymizt
yes it is true scotty finally made it into the 9's with his stock zx10r just lowered and gutted stock pipe.Ok guys here is how it went i made a very first pass of the day putting down a 10.2 which wasn't bad but not what i was looking for.I made several more passes not doing a burn out just rolling around the pit and staging.Then after talking to my good friend joe we decided to try doing a burn out and see if it helps.So i stop in the lane after the water box and do a small burn out ont he soft rubber so it stuck to my tires.I rolled up and staged against this black busa which afterward i found out is modded with nice cams and some other work.So we stage and i launch hard making the front pick up a tiny bit roping me a [email protected] his was a [email protected] he had problems keeping the front end down.I was totally blown away afteri got my time slip.I was celebrating and i think everyone was staring but i didn't care.I tried a few more passes but could only muster 10.1's and 10.2's then i backed into the water box and started my burn out rolled into the soft rubber and picked some up then staged again against the same busa(there where 4 busas there).The light turned yellow then green and we where off my launch was unbelieveable.After the sweet launch i told my self not to screw up the shifts and shifted extra hard to make sure they go in.I noticed no busa next to me and kept on it til the traps where i let off with an indicated 154mph on the speedo it felt just great.I finally looked back to see the busa right there behind me about a bike length.I rolled up to the time booth and picked my slip up and to my suprise i got this:

I was totally celebrating and yelling and just shocked i beat this busa again :) his time on that run was [email protected] that thing sounded sweet also.I found another 10r guy too and told him about the site he said he is gonna visit so hopefully he does.Well that's my story and i had to tell you guys woooohoooooo [smilie=b:
Fantastic runs Scotty, congratulations!!
Iím going to the track next month (first timer). Could you please describe your staging procedure and launch techniques? Iím not sure what RPM to leave at. Do you just find the right combo of clutch release while rolling on full throttle? Do you get the bike rolling a little or just blast off from a stop? Did you lower and/or strap your bike? Do you use the clutch to get into 2nd gear or just blip the throttle in all gears? Sorry about all the questions I want to go to the track with as much knowledge as I can. Iíll be renting the track with a group for the day so Iíll have plenty of opportunity to practice.
post #7 of 20 Old 09-11-2004, 10:54 PM

Posting Frequency

Stinking awesome man, way to put down some rubber and apply some power congrats!
post #8 of 20 Old 09-12-2004, 06:35 AM Thread Starter

Posting Frequency

thanks guys i am so happy with those times and the fact i did it twice is just the icing on the cake for me :D Ok as for the launching tech here it goes i have no idea what rpm i launch at cuz i am watching the tree :) But guessing i would have to say it's up around 8to 9k i just launch at what rpm feels right.The bike is just lowered not strapped and usually only pops the front up on the launch and just a tiny bit.Staging is pretty easy i suggest a burnout but that is up to you.If you don't know how to stage tell the staging guy that is standing in the staging lanes that your a first timer and they will help you and are usually nice about it.Or just go up to the tree and let the other guy go first so you can see what he does.I stage in either the right or left of the lane to be in the tire tracks of the cars,the middle is slick.As for launch it is a combo of clutch and throttle as i am lettout the clutch i give it more gas to keep it from bogging.Then once it is all the way out i have it wide open,I don't use the clutch after that.Some guys i was talking to (not really bike guys) said that it's faster to use the clutch as far as i know when i use the clutch i am noticably slower.I just blast from the stop cuz it makes the bike keep the rpms up if you roll out which is fine for the first fe runs it will be slower.Hopefully i answered all your questions.
post #9 of 20 Old 09-12-2004, 06:57 AM

Posting Frequency

Thanks!!
I race a car at the track but never tried a bike or paid much attention to them launching.

Mike
post #10 of 20 Old 09-12-2004, 10:57 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Way to go Scotty! That's great news, you know you make us all look good when you do this, even though i was sittin' at home drinkin' beer. Here ya' go man it's on me [smilie=b:

BIKES IS GOOD.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in