rode my first zx-14 yesterday - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 05-23-2010, 09:55 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

rode my first zx-14 yesterday

Well i rode my first zx-14 yesterday. it was stretched lowered with an air shifter. was the first time i have rode a bike like that. revving it to only 4000 rpm is weird. Well i took off like i was at a stop light and then got in the gas hard and poped of a 9.59 at 146Mph. I think im going to sell the 10 cause this thing was SO much easier to ride then the zx10.

Sponsored by:
Vaughan Racing
Synthetic Shield
Moline Bar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 05-23-2010, 10:15 AM
Shorty's Performance

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to madnessracing Send a message via MSN to madnessracing
Very nice! wait til you get more comfortable and you will drop those numbers more!
post #3 of 19 Old 05-23-2010, 05:09 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyc_13 View Post
Well i rode my first zx-14 yesterday. it was stretched lowered with an air shifter. was the first time i have rode a bike like that. revving it to only 4000 rpm is weird. Well i took off like i was at a stop light and then got in the gas hard and poped of a 9.59 at 146Mph. I think im going to sell the 10 cause this thing was SO much easier to ride then the zx10.
Thats what I just did, got me a 14 and on the 10th pass went [email protected] mph. Stretched, lowered,sidewinder,powercommander Brocks map,strapped,16-46 gear. Mr9 and I'm 185 unsuited.

Now what
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 Old 05-23-2010, 05:28 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

yall got me thinking now

Tone.R {checkmate}
Do what makes u happy whatever it is.....Roberson Racing
post #5 of 19 Old 05-23-2010, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I'm going to get one as soon as I can. So easy to launch. My zx10r has something funny about the clutch that makes it almost impossible to slip.
post #6 of 19 Old 05-23-2010, 05:40 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
I'm going to get one as soon as I can. So easy to launch. My zx10r has something funny about the clutch that makes it almost impossible to slip.
Mine does too but

Not me :headshake I like the fact I have to fight my bike off the start and the fun it brings...maybe not ZX14 times but on the street it's easy to move around..in garage it's like moving a Toy around etc. etc..love the light weight bike and looks..guess I am not serious enough for Drag only I need a complete package for everything I do...the first Gen is that even today.but for drag I say no doubt the 14 is the way to go
post #7 of 19 Old 05-23-2010, 05:49 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil View Post
Mine does too but

Not me :headshake I like the fact I have to fight my bike off the start and the fun it brings...maybe not ZX14 times but on the street it's easy to move around..in garage it's like moving a Toy around etc. etc..love the light weight bike and looks..guess I am not serious enough for Drag only I need a complete package for everything I do...the first Gen is that even today.but for drag I say no doubt the 14 is the way to go
Don't get me wrong I really loved the 10R. I feel that I've out grown it, the best I've run on the 10R with basically the same mods was [email protected] mph. And at the time I was 160 lbs. Plus I don't ride the street much anymore.

Now what
post #8 of 19 Old 05-23-2010, 05:51 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by quikgix View Post
Don't get me wrong I really loved the 10R. I feel that I've out grown it, the best I've run on the 10R with basically the same mods was [email protected] mph. And at the time I was 160 lbs. Plus I don't ride the street much anymore.
You have out grown it bud...your an awesome rider good step up.
post #9 of 19 Old 05-23-2010, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I'm a bracket racer. Don't get me wrong I love the 10. But for me its all about running the same number everytime. And with the 10 if I don't do everything right the bike bogs. Making just 1 pass on the 14 I could tell it is a much for forgiving bike. The bike has so much torque it can compensate for some of the human error.
post #10 of 19 Old 05-23-2010, 07:17 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
I'm a bracket racer. Don't get me wrong I love the 10. But for me its all about running the same number everytime. And with the 10 if I don't do everything right the bike bogs. Making just 1 pass on the 14 I could tell it is a much for forgiving bike. The bike has so much torque it can compensate for some of the human error.

with that said...quikgix was at the same event I was when I made the semi finals in Pro-ET and came to me before the start of my last run...he said way to represent KAWI...the only 3 bikes left in pro-et had wheelie bars...I was running 54in SWB stock... and the last bike from show room floor almost...point being it's possible to run consistent #s stock on even a wheelie monster like the 1st Gen and have some fun but not something I would count on most times...was there all day and it's rare..ZX14 is the best bet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in